LORAC Pro Palette 2

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
LORAC Pro Palette 2
Pro Palette 2Pro Palette 2Pro Palette 2Pro Palette 2

4.7

Talc, Mica, Zinc Stearate, Boron Nitride, Silica, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Mineral Oil, Kaolin, Methicone, Lauroyl Lysine, Althaea Officinalis Root Extract, Carum Petroselinum (Parsley) Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Centaurea Cyanus Flower Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Extract, Water (Aqua), Propylene Glycol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Carmine (CI 75470), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090:2), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI 77510). *Contains Carmine as a Color Additive.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a fantastic mix of colors for the price, and Lorac's powder formulas are outstanding.

I will say that as a low-maintenance person who struggles to get out the door in the morning, the matte colors for crease and liner can be a bit intimidating and because the pigment is so dense, it's easy to apply not-so-precisely when you're not paying enough attention. However, this can easily be fixed by blending out and adding more color (I do this frequently when trying to apply the darker colors as eyeliner).

After buying the Urban Decay Naked palette I wanted to branch out from neutrals just a bit, but not too much. Being in my 30's, I don't go to clubs or out to crazy bars nearly as much as I used to, so there's no need for all the glittery craziness. Navy, Plum, Jade, and Cocoa are my favorite colors in this palette because they are are rich, true tones that add just a bit of statement to a polished look without being overdone.

Voila, instant sophisticate.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have started an amazing love affair with Lorac products. This is no exception. Everything I try I love. These shadows blend perfectly, look amazing, have great pigment and last forever!

on 3/11/2016 12:19:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Oh my was this worth the splurge! This palette is hands down the best I have ever owned. The colors are so beautiful and richly pigmented, and they are so smooth and true to color. They blend very well. I have read many reviews where it says these shadows have no fallout and I am actually getting quite a bit of fallout, but that may be due the brush I use. May need to try them wet, but I can deal with a little fallout for the beautiful looks I can create with this. I am loving the unique color jade. So shimmery and deep and just so rich in pigment. It is pure luxury on your lids! The packaging is sleek and nice, not bulky and awkward like some shadow palettes. Lorac shadows never disappoint me. It is soo worth the money. To anyone considering this palette, dont hesitate and just do it! You will love it. Oh and they make great liners for bottom lash line because of how deeply rich the colors are. Really makes the eye POP! I am investing in the Pro Palette 1 next, as i am sure it will be just as amazing.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I've recently bought a shed-load of new makeup and had told myself I was going to "scale back". HA - whom am I trying to fool? LORAC is no longer available in Canada but the fella and I went cross border shopping last weekend and I just had to get this palette. It has been on my radar for quite some time and I wasn't really sure whether to get the first palette or this one til I saw them both in-store, and then the decision was easy when I saw them side by side. Compared to the first Pro palette, this one has more cool toned neutrals though it is still well-balanced - neither too cool nor too warm.

Despite having just bought the new Kat von D Shade+Light palette, which I thought would be a perfect travel palette, Pro2 has already eclipsed that. For starters, it has a LOT of eyeshadows - SIXTEEN to choose from. The variety of finishes (mattes and shimmer) is right up my alley - I love some shimmer in almost any eye look and it's the one criticism I have of the KvD palette (and I realize that it was meant to be an all matte palette but I still miss a bit of shimmer). And I love that there is a bit of colour in this palette, in the form of the Navy and Plum shades and that really does make this perfect for travelling - you honestly do not need to take a single other eyeshadow and as much as I love my Naked palettes, that isn't something I can say about them. The packaging on the LORAC palette, while cardboard, is thin and sleek. No room for a brush or pencil (it would be nice) but it's not a deal breaker.

I find the texture of these shadows to be excellent - they apply smoothly and blend nicely and the finish is flattering even on these old eyelids. I use Snow, a bright, frosted white, on the inner corners and at first, it is rather shockingly white AND shiny but a gentle flick of the brush and it blends so that what is left is just a brightening bit of lightness. I very much like the shadow primer that came with this in a small sample size as it too is perfect for travel. And I also have to say that I love the fact that LORAC shadows have such practical names - Navy, Light Brown, Charcoal, etc. Names like "Chinois" or "Ursa Major" or "Samael" may sound interesting but they sure don't tell you what the heck the colour is, so YAY for names that are down to earth for a change!

I'd drive across the border again to replace this beauty!

on 8/8/2015 11:15:00 AM

I am a huge fan of the Naked Palettes, but I have barely reached for them since buying this. It is my favorite travel palette because you can get such a wide variety of use. It has mattes that look very different on the eye, warm and cool tones, and even some jewel tones. Ironically, this is known as the cooler pro palette, but my favorite look actually incorporates the warmer colors. Buff all over into the brow, rose on the moveable lid, nectar in the crease, mocha on the outer lid, and cocoa to line softly. The cooler colors are also wearable to me, even silver which is a color that tends to be too stark on me. Snow is my least used color, but I expected that going in.

It also blends like a dream. I am usually scared of darker colors in my crease because I have very small lid space and it can look awful on me but the shadows here take literally a few swipes of a brush to blend. It can be easy to overblend so watch out for that. There is a bit of fallout but it wipes away easily. The shimmery coolers are more on the shimmer/metallic side than the glitter side, which I like because it it is more appropriate for work. The packaging is slim which I like. I have not travelled on a plane with it yet, but hopefully the packaging can withstand it.

Anyway, this palette is amazing. Bottom line, I have barely touched my extensive collection since purchasing. It is just so wearable and versatile. I am on a nobuy at the moment, but I plan to get the Pro Palette when I am done. LORAC has converted me.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I'd drive across the border again to replace this beauty!

on 5/28/2015 11:30:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I was writing another palette review and I realized that I pretty much compare everything to this amazing, amazing palette.

This is my first LORAC eyeshadow purchase, and I bought it on a whim at Ulta while grabbing some of the Tantalizer self-tanner (another HG from LORAC). I don't know why I hadn't tried their shadows sooner, because texturally they're absolutely the best I've ever used.

Nothing applies like these shadows; they're phenomenal and they're so smooth and easy to use that it actually takes me less time to apply my makeup in the morning. Blending is a breeze. The matte shades may be a little too soft for some but I love them. Some of the shimmers/satins are a bit sheer at first (mainly the greenish one and the aubergine shade) but can be built up without harsh lines, and the rest are so pigmented it's insane. The colors go well with my fair, cool skin and dark hair, but I can see how it would be a little weird if you don't usually go with jeweltones for makeup. I pretty much stick to neutrals for work and then either line or accent with the colors if I'm feeling jazzy.

My favorite palette by a long shot, and the reason I'll be buying more LORAC.

EDIT: Oh crap, I forgot to rave about Chrome. Chrome is the best warm mauvey-taupe ever...it's pretty much Satin Taupe on 'roids. It wears like iron.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love playing with makeup, so I have a lot of palettes. I like the Lorac Pro 2 palette, I think it is well-pigmented and pretty long-wearing, and very good value. I like the looks I can create with it. I always wear primer under the shadows, though, otherwise they go on pretty light and crease.

I feel that for my fair coloring and deep-set eyes, the original Lorac Pro palette is just much more wearable than this one. This one is great for formal styles or date night, but the original is one I can wear for that and for everyday.

The packaging is very sophisticated, but quite flimsy. When I go on trips, I leave it behind because I'm worried about it getting crushed.

Overall, Lorac Pro was a better choice for me. I probably would not repurchase 2 without a coupon, even though I like it.

on 3/6/2015 2:07:00 AM

I really did not want to like this palette. In fact, I had hoped it would be terrible so I could talk myself out of buying it. When I swatched it at Kohl's I wanted to cry, because this palette was even better in person than I thought it would be. I wasn't sure at first, because so many beauty gurus on YouTube had lamented that they didn't love it as much as the original Pro Palette. Oh my Lord, these shadows are amazing! Just like the original there are 16 shades. The 8 on the top row all 100% matte and the 8 on the bottom row are shimmers. One thing I love about this palette is that Lorac was thoughtful and included some nice gray shades, including a matte which is really hard to come by in a high-end palette. Let's go over the shades:

Top Row (all mattes)
Buff - a soft cream shade
Lt. (light) Brown - a perfect brown transition shade. Slightly lighter than UD's Buck.
Cool Gray - a light taupey gray shade.
Nectar - similar to Freestyle in the UD Smoked palette, but peachier.
Plum - a rich purple
Navy - the showstopper in the palette. A super rich, intense royal navy blue.
Chacoal - a medium-dark true gray
Black-the only repeat from the original Pro Palette. Not an intense black. More of a deep charcoal/smoky shade

Bottom Row (all shimmers)
Snow - a super bright white
Beige - a bright champagne light gold shade
Ros - a gorgeous, highly shimmery rose gold. Heavier on the gold side. Similar to Marzipan from the Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette, but less pink.
Mocha - a rich coppery brown
Chrome - a taupe silvery mushroom shade
Silver - highly shimmery true silver
Jade - a beautiful golden green
Cocoa - a dark shimmery reddish cocoa brown

Pros and Cons:

Pros:
~Highly pigmented. Some shades come across darker on the lid than they look in the pan, so you need just a light hand with these.
~The mattes are all velvety smooth.
~The shade range is impressive. There is no shortage of inspiring colors and they all work together harmoniously.
~The packaging is sleek.
~The eyeshadow primer sample is fantastic.

Cons:
~This isn't so much of a con as it is a warning. Snow is stark white, so use it sparingly. I found out the hard way that too much along the browline to highlight makes it look like your brows are being lit from underneath.
~The shades Plum, Navy, and Jade are harder to blend than the other shades. Apply with a light hand, blend forever, and then add more if you need to build up intensity.
~The packaging gets very messy. These shadows are very soft and some are on the more powdery side and kick up a bit of product when you dip your brush into them. The "grippy" cardboard packaging picks up every last speck of shadow dust and it just looks like a hot mess.

on 1/26/2015 12:06:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Love this palette. I was torn between 1 & 2 but after buying #2 I'm def going back for #1 when I have the $$. I've been looking for a replacement since UD changed up their formula, I'm allergic to it now. This totally fits the bill and I don't have to use primer! I'm really loving this brand lately.