LORAC Pro Palette 2

Filtered by hair type : Other
LORAC Pro Palette 2
Pro Palette 2Pro Palette 2Pro Palette 2Pro Palette 2

4.4

Talc, Mica, Zinc Stearate, Boron Nitride, Silica, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Mineral Oil, Kaolin, Methicone, Lauroyl Lysine, Althaea Officinalis Root Extract, Carum Petroselinum (Parsley) Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Centaurea Cyanus Flower Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Extract, Water (Aqua), Propylene Glycol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Carmine (CI 75470), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090:2), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI 77510). *Contains Carmine as a Color Additive.

This is the only palette I own that I have actually "hit pan" on. I am fair skinned with cool - neutral undertones. All of the shades are creamy, blend with ease, and there are a lot of ways to make flattering combinations. This is my go-to for work because I am in a professional setting and I can easily put something classy yet dynamic together. I often choose not to use an eyeshadow primer with my eyeshadow because most of the primers I have tried make my shadow blotchy or can be difficult to blend. This was my experience with the mini primer included. So my one complaint with the shadows is that they start fading about four hours into the day. By the end of the work day they still look flattering, but it is noticable that they are not as "vibrant and fresh" as early on. I understand some might read this and say "yeah because you don't have primer on, bozo" and that's a fair argument but if you are like me and choose to forgo primer this may be your experience. Otherwise lovely palette and great value.

on 5/20/2015 2:57:00 PM

Love this palette. Love the mix of mattes and shimmers. Packaging makes it great for travelling!

My go to shadow palette. Like I get excited everyday to use it. I have the Lorac pro 1 and I don't use it as much. Weird cause I thought I would love it. This one makes me do a happy dance. I love the navy, jade and dang just all of them are perfection. Except silver because I'm not a silver eyeshadow person. They are so smooth ad buttery. I don't think I can go back to cheap eyeshadows now, thanks Lorac! Lol. But really the quality is out of this world, blends like a dream and the packaging is slim and sleek. If I travel I only take this palette. Can you tell I love the Lorac pro 2 palette?

on 11/25/2014 7:49:00 AM

Best. Eye Shadow. Ever!!! I am in love with this palette! This product costs $42 which may seem a bit pricey for eye shadow but it is amazing! You get 16 different shimmer or matte shades. Plus a 0.19 Oz tube of eye shadow primer. Also, this eye shadow is very pigmented so a little bit goes a long way. It comes in a grey palette with a very large nice mirror inside of it. On the website it says a $111 value.

I have had this palette for about 6 months now and I haven't touched pan on any of the shades and I use this palette almost every single day! and one of the shades I use every time as a base, blending shade and it hasn't ran out either.

When you use the primer with the eye shadow, or any primer the eye shadow will last all day long, and all night if you sleep in it, it is still near exactly how it was applied.
There is a fairly wide color selection, mainly neutral colors but a few more brighter colors and they blend perfectly together! You can use this palette for natural days or more night time, edgy looks as well.

The color choices are: Buff, Light brown, Cool Gray, Nectar, Plum(one of my favorites), Navy, Charcoal, Black, Snow(great for inner crease), Beige, Rose, Mocha, Chrome, Silver, Jade(a beautiful army green color), and Cocoa.

Overall I am in love with eye shadow and I would say it is definetly worth the cost!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

This is a fantastic palette. The color payoff is fantastic. The shades glide on and blend perfectly. They last all day. The colors are very flattering on tan skintones. I'm very happy I purchased this.

on 9/30/2014 2:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I don't think I'll get as much use out of this as I do my original Lorac Pro Palette. Despite that, I do enjoy it. Once again, Lorac, I hate the cardboard packaging.

Favorite shades of the palette: Nectar, plum, navy, cool gray, chrome (the navy and plum both have blending issues for me, but I'm going to play around with them more).

Least favorites: Silver. Does anyone use silver eyeshadow anymore? I never see anyone wearing it and I don't really know how on earth I'm going to get any use out of it. I'll have to look into this, as I suppose this is more of a taste thing than a product issue.
I also am not so sure about Jade for the exact same reason, not sure how I'm going to wear that at all.

The rest aren't super memorable or unique in my opinion and you probably have them in another palette if you have a palette addiction like myself.

The Lorac Pro palettes are excellent for people who are just starting out with makeup as it covers all of basics and adds a few interesting shades to play around with. I would recommend the original Lorac Pro for absolute beginners though. I probably could have skipped this palette but the pull of a new palette sucked me in. I don't regret it and I won't return it as I love Lorac shadows.

on 8/16/2014 12:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

One of the best palettes I own!!! Gorgeous colors, excellent pigmentation and color pay-off. Shadows are buttery soft with little to no fallout. The shadows feel so velvety on my lids. Best formulation of shadows, hands down!

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

Now I love Lorac as a brand and think their stuff is amazing. After careful consideration, I decided to return this palette. While the matte shades were beautiful, I found they didn't blend well on my skin. The cooler toned shades made me look dead. While it's a good quality palette, it just didn't work for me.

on 7/18/2014 12:26:00 AM

i am so pleased with this palette. i used to have the first pro palette but because of my skin tone, the 6 lightest shades(white, cream, lt pink, nude, champagne and lt bronze show up as highlighters on me and the dark shades look similar too. the pro 2 however just the 3 lightest shades are my highlighters, lt brown, nectar, rose, mocha, chrome and silver can work as all over and transition colors, while the rest, cool gray, plum, navy, charcoal, black, jade and cocoa can be outer v or liner shades. to me, this is a much better value compared to the pro 1. i am an nc30 with neutral yellow base color and although this is a cooler palette than the pro 1, its actually quite neutral if you take away the jewel tone shades, plum and navy. to me, neutrals don't necessarily mean all browns. i love that i can either do a neutral brown look or a neutral gray. the silver is not too stark esp when paired with cool gray or chrome. i was also surprised that the navy was quite wearable. i normally avoid blues because it can either make my eyes look bruised or the blue just turns into black or dark grey. it showed up true to color and very wearable. i find that none of the shimmer shadows to be too shimmery or metallic, its pretty subtle. you do have to be careful when getting the shadows on your brush. these are very soft and can kick up a lot of powder even just by patting but i didn't have a lot of fall out when applying them on my lid. but it does pick up a lot of color so if you use the darker shades for the outer v, be very careful. either tap off the excess or run your brush behind your hand before applying it straight on to your lids because once you get a bunch of color on, they are so pigmented it'll take a while blending it out. if i ever run out or lose this palette, i would definitely repurchase. i think this is way better than the naked palettes because of the color options.