LORAC Pro Palette 2

Filtered by skin type : Very Oily
LORAC Pro Palette 2
Pro Palette 2Pro Palette 2Pro Palette 2Pro Palette 2

1 review

Talc, Mica, Zinc Stearate, Boron Nitride, Silica, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Mineral Oil, Kaolin, Methicone, Lauroyl Lysine, Althaea Officinalis Root Extract, Carum Petroselinum (Parsley) Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Centaurea Cyanus Flower Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Extract, Water (Aqua), Propylene Glycol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Carmine (CI 75470), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090:2), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI 77510). *Contains Carmine as a Color Additive.

on 8/25/2014 9:49:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Holy smokes.
This was my first foray into higher-end eyeshadow palettes and let me tell you - I am hooked.
I picked this up because I loved how there was an even number of matte and shimmer shades. I feel this lends a great deal of diversity to the looks that can be created with this palette. The mattes range from light neutrals to intense pops of color to smoky, cool grays (one of which has an incredible taupe hue and I'm obsessed with it).
The shimmer shades offer up perfect highlighters and intense, smoky, jewel-like shades, which are great for dramatic looks.
My favorites from the bunch are Cool Gray (taupe gray), Ros (rose gold shimmer), Chrome (cool shimmering taupe gray), and Jade (shimmering jade green).
The texture of these shadows is smooth, buttery, and holy Moses are they pigmented! They blend like a dream. I feel like I've turned into a makeup artist overnight with this palette!
The packaging is sleek and attractive, boasting a matte gray finish and pronounced silver lettering. It feels sturdy and well-made.
The price isn't too bad. $42 for a pretty vast selection of looks. However, each shadow is quite small. I would like to see them release full-size singles of my favorite shades from the palette, but I'm not sure if they do that.
The primer that comes with the palette is pretty good. It creates a great base for the shadows, but doesn't last as long as my WnW Fergie eyeshadow primer.
I will definitely repurchase, and perhaps explore the first Pro palette moving forward. This was a great investment!