LORAC Pro Palette 2

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
LORAC Pro Palette 2
Pro Palette 2Pro Palette 2Pro Palette 2Pro Palette 2

4.6

Talc, Mica, Zinc Stearate, Boron Nitride, Silica, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Mineral Oil, Kaolin, Methicone, Lauroyl Lysine, Althaea Officinalis Root Extract, Carum Petroselinum (Parsley) Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Centaurea Cyanus Flower Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Extract, Water (Aqua), Propylene Glycol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Carmine (CI 75470), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090:2), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI 77510). *Contains Carmine as a Color Additive.

on 6/28/2015 10:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have the original LORAC Pro Palette and I love it so much but it's full of browns and golds. I got this palette because there are some very exciting colors that can be used for night outs and some neutrals for everyday. People are so going to hate me for this but this palette is probably more versatile than the first one, at least to me. If you like playing with colors then you will love this palette, but if you're a beginner and you want to play it safe then I recommend getting the original LORAC Pro Palette. I love playing with colors and most of the time after a long hard day at work I do hang out with friends at a nice restaurant or a bar and I just need to layer on a little bit of color for that occasion. I don't like to start from scratch for both of the occasion but I do need to look appropriate for both work and night outs, this brings me to my next point. This eyeshadows are CRAZY LONG LASTING! This one time I forgot to apply primer and they lasted a 8 hrs. I just feel like I reach for this palette more often than all of my other palettes. This includes the overrated Urban Decay Naked palettes, such a waste of my hard earned money. After getting both of the LORAC Pro Palettes I regret getting the naked palettes, they have been sitting at a corner in my dresser gathering dust.
These are crazy pigmented and buttery. I barely need to touch the shadows with my brush.

Look for work:
I start by applying the LORAC Behind-The-Scenes primer.
I apply Buff from my lid to my brow bone to set the primer. Then I apply Lt.Brown on my crease with a fluffy blending brush and a little above as a transition shade. I apply Cool Grey with a dense pencil brush on my crease and outer V. To darken that color I apply Charcoal on top of the Cool Grey lightly. I blend the colors with a fluffy blending brush.
I apply Buff again on my inner corner and my eyelids avoiding the area where I applied the previous colors I also apply it on my brow bone as a highlight. Sometimes I take a defining brush and apply the color Black on my outer V. To make my eyes appear brighter, I apply the color Rose on my inner corner. After that I just apply some liner and mascara and I am ready to go.

Look for night outs:
When I don't want to start from scratch I apply the color Navy, Plum or Rose on my lid, the exact same place where I applied Buff.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love playing with makeup, so I have a lot of palettes. I like the Lorac Pro 2 palette, I think it is well-pigmented and pretty long-wearing, and very good value. I like the looks I can create with it. I always wear primer under the shadows, though, otherwise they go on pretty light and crease.

I feel that for my fair coloring and deep-set eyes, the original Lorac Pro palette is just much more wearable than this one. This one is great for formal styles or date night, but the original is one I can wear for that and for everyday.

The packaging is very sophisticated, but quite flimsy. When I go on trips, I leave it behind because I'm worried about it getting crushed.

Overall, Lorac Pro was a better choice for me. I probably would not repurchase 2 without a coupon, even though I like it.

My go to shadow palette. Like I get excited everyday to use it. I have the Lorac pro 1 and I don't use it as much. Weird cause I thought I would love it. This one makes me do a happy dance. I love the navy, jade and dang just all of them are perfection. Except silver because I'm not a silver eyeshadow person. They are so smooth ad buttery. I don't think I can go back to cheap eyeshadows now, thanks Lorac! Lol. But really the quality is out of this world, blends like a dream and the packaging is slim and sleek. If I travel I only take this palette. Can you tell I love the Lorac pro 2 palette?

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Okay okay, I'll admit I wasn't sure if this would be my absolute favorite. I have warm palettes that get a LOT of use, and the cool shadows seem to gather a lot of dust, but this one is the exception.

What I like most about this palette is that is encourages my creativity. There's not an overwhelming amount of neutrals, there are a lot of unique shades that inspire me to create new looks. I have searched for dupes of these shades in my collection, and with the exception of buff, I have NONE.

As far as layout, I have zero complaints- half shimmer, half matte, and if you split it down the middle vertically, you have eight neutrals, and eight unconventional shades. Aesthetically, it's extremely pleasing, and when I use it, I notice my thought process is more organized than usual, and I think that has a lot to do with the layout. I know that probably sounds weird, but that's because it is. Eyeshadow is a complicated, and mentally exhausting process, and if you don't think that, you're doing it wrong.

The quality of the shadows is definitely on par, but what else do you expect honestly?! Lorac hits it out of the park with their shadows (with the exception of some LE palettes, but thats a story for another time kids) I accidentally dropped this once, and it hit my pajama pants on the way down, I kid you not, there were imprints of black, charcoal, jade, and cocoa on my pants. They merely grazed my pants and left heavily pigmented marks that almost didn't come out. And no, I didn't put primer on my pants either. That's some serious staying power guys.

The colors are honestly not something I thought I would find myself reaching for, but I use this a lot! I've made a big dent in buff (eye roll...of course), nectar, lt brown (pronounced light brown, or lieutenant brown- your choice), cool gray, plum, and of course the stunner of the palette- rose(pronounced ro-zay, not rose- this pronunciation is not up to your choice.) I've made some absolutely beautiful looks with jade and navy, and I've been working on a look with charcoal and navy that looks very very similar to Melt cosmetics "fixated" eyeshadow.

This palette is not going to be a "must have" for everyone, but there are some absolutely beautiful shades in here, so if your enjoy experimenting with shadows, and you want to incorporate more cool shades into your life, then this is definitely the palette for the task.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

This is a fantastic palette. The color payoff is fantastic. The shades glide on and blend perfectly. They last all day. The colors are very flattering on tan skintones. I'm very happy I purchased this.

on 9/30/2014 2:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I don't think I'll get as much use out of this as I do my original Lorac Pro Palette. Despite that, I do enjoy it. Once again, Lorac, I hate the cardboard packaging.

Favorite shades of the palette: Nectar, plum, navy, cool gray, chrome (the navy and plum both have blending issues for me, but I'm going to play around with them more).

Least favorites: Silver. Does anyone use silver eyeshadow anymore? I never see anyone wearing it and I don't really know how on earth I'm going to get any use out of it. I'll have to look into this, as I suppose this is more of a taste thing than a product issue.
I also am not so sure about Jade for the exact same reason, not sure how I'm going to wear that at all.

The rest aren't super memorable or unique in my opinion and you probably have them in another palette if you have a palette addiction like myself.

The Lorac Pro palettes are excellent for people who are just starting out with makeup as it covers all of basics and adds a few interesting shades to play around with. I would recommend the original Lorac Pro for absolute beginners though. I probably could have skipped this palette but the pull of a new palette sucked me in. I don't regret it and I won't return it as I love Lorac shadows.

on 8/16/2014 12:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

One of the best palettes I own!!! Gorgeous colors, excellent pigmentation and color pay-off. Shadows are buttery soft with little to no fallout. The shadows feel so velvety on my lids. Best formulation of shadows, hands down!

on 7/27/2014 6:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I love this! It's a neutral palette but with pops of something different, enough to keep it exciting. I own the Pro 1, UD Naked, TF Chocolate Bar, etc and tend to find myself gravitating toward warm bronze and brown shades to compliment my blue eyes. However, every now and then I want to play with some great quality grays, taupes, and jewel tones and this palette was the answer! I LOVE Nectar (a peachy matte shade) all over the lid, with either Lt Brown or Cool Gray buffed into the crease for a quick and natural look. Chrome (a metallic taupe) and Rose (a gorge rose gold, much like UD Chopper but w/o all the crazy glitter fallout) are also amazing on the lid. For a more dramatic look, I might add one of the darker brown shades in the outer V and on the lower lash line. The quality of these shadows are amazing and just like the much-loved and raved about ones in the Pro 1. I've had this for two weeks and have used it basically every day since. This is definitely different enough from the Pro 1 to justify buying both. I might even like this one a little bit more! :-O :-)