LORAC Pro Palette 2

Filtered by skin type : Dry
LORAC Pro Palette 2
Pro Palette 2Pro Palette 2Pro Palette 2Pro Palette 2

4.9

Talc, Mica, Zinc Stearate, Boron Nitride, Silica, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Mineral Oil, Kaolin, Methicone, Lauroyl Lysine, Althaea Officinalis Root Extract, Carum Petroselinum (Parsley) Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Centaurea Cyanus Flower Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Extract, Water (Aqua), Propylene Glycol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Carmine (CI 75470), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090:2), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI 77510). *Contains Carmine as a Color Additive.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a fantastic mix of colors for the price, and Lorac's powder formulas are outstanding.

I will say that as a low-maintenance person who struggles to get out the door in the morning, the matte colors for crease and liner can be a bit intimidating and because the pigment is so dense, it's easy to apply not-so-precisely when you're not paying enough attention. However, this can easily be fixed by blending out and adding more color (I do this frequently when trying to apply the darker colors as eyeliner).

After buying the Urban Decay Naked palette I wanted to branch out from neutrals just a bit, but not too much. Being in my 30's, I don't go to clubs or out to crazy bars nearly as much as I used to, so there's no need for all the glittery craziness. Navy, Plum, Jade, and Cocoa are my favorite colors in this palette because they are are rich, true tones that add just a bit of statement to a polished look without being overdone.

Voila, instant sophisticate.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I've recently bought a shed-load of new makeup and had told myself I was going to "scale back". HA - whom am I trying to fool? LORAC is no longer available in Canada but the fella and I went cross border shopping last weekend and I just had to get this palette. It has been on my radar for quite some time and I wasn't really sure whether to get the first palette or this one til I saw them both in-store, and then the decision was easy when I saw them side by side. Compared to the first Pro palette, this one has more cool toned neutrals though it is still well-balanced - neither too cool nor too warm.

Despite having just bought the new Kat von D Shade+Light palette, which I thought would be a perfect travel palette, Pro2 has already eclipsed that. For starters, it has a LOT of eyeshadows - SIXTEEN to choose from. The variety of finishes (mattes and shimmer) is right up my alley - I love some shimmer in almost any eye look and it's the one criticism I have of the KvD palette (and I realize that it was meant to be an all matte palette but I still miss a bit of shimmer). And I love that there is a bit of colour in this palette, in the form of the Navy and Plum shades and that really does make this perfect for travelling - you honestly do not need to take a single other eyeshadow and as much as I love my Naked palettes, that isn't something I can say about them. The packaging on the LORAC palette, while cardboard, is thin and sleek. No room for a brush or pencil (it would be nice) but it's not a deal breaker.

I find the texture of these shadows to be excellent - they apply smoothly and blend nicely and the finish is flattering even on these old eyelids. I use Snow, a bright, frosted white, on the inner corners and at first, it is rather shockingly white AND shiny but a gentle flick of the brush and it blends so that what is left is just a brightening bit of lightness. I very much like the shadow primer that came with this in a small sample size as it too is perfect for travel. And I also have to say that I love the fact that LORAC shadows have such practical names - Navy, Light Brown, Charcoal, etc. Names like "Chinois" or "Ursa Major" or "Samael" may sound interesting but they sure don't tell you what the heck the colour is, so YAY for names that are down to earth for a change!

I'd drive across the border again to replace this beauty!

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I'd drive across the border again to replace this beauty!

on 5/28/2015 11:30:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I was writing another palette review and I realized that I pretty much compare everything to this amazing, amazing palette.

This is my first LORAC eyeshadow purchase, and I bought it on a whim at Ulta while grabbing some of the Tantalizer self-tanner (another HG from LORAC). I don't know why I hadn't tried their shadows sooner, because texturally they're absolutely the best I've ever used.

Nothing applies like these shadows; they're phenomenal and they're so smooth and easy to use that it actually takes me less time to apply my makeup in the morning. Blending is a breeze. The matte shades may be a little too soft for some but I love them. Some of the shimmers/satins are a bit sheer at first (mainly the greenish one and the aubergine shade) but can be built up without harsh lines, and the rest are so pigmented it's insane. The colors go well with my fair, cool skin and dark hair, but I can see how it would be a little weird if you don't usually go with jeweltones for makeup. I pretty much stick to neutrals for work and then either line or accent with the colors if I'm feeling jazzy.

My favorite palette by a long shot, and the reason I'll be buying more LORAC.

EDIT: Oh crap, I forgot to rave about Chrome. Chrome is the best warm mauvey-taupe ever...it's pretty much Satin Taupe on 'roids. It wears like iron.

on 1/9/2015 6:07:00 PM

I love this pallete ! The eyeshadows are so soft

I love this eyeshadow! It is super creamy and lasts all day with a hint of primer and the shades are very pigmented. I use this every day and it's my holy grail eyeshadow pallet. I only gave it 4/5 stars because it is an expensive pallet. But it is worth the price but still hard to afford and some shades are not every day use. But they are very pretty and can definitely mix well togeather and with other shadows. I think everyone should have at least 1 Lorac pro pallets they are wonderful!

on 11/25/2014 7:49:00 AM

Best. Eye Shadow. Ever!!! I am in love with this palette! This product costs $42 which may seem a bit pricey for eye shadow but it is amazing! You get 16 different shimmer or matte shades. Plus a 0.19 Oz tube of eye shadow primer. Also, this eye shadow is very pigmented so a little bit goes a long way. It comes in a grey palette with a very large nice mirror inside of it. On the website it says a $111 value.

I have had this palette for about 6 months now and I haven't touched pan on any of the shades and I use this palette almost every single day! and one of the shades I use every time as a base, blending shade and it hasn't ran out either.

When you use the primer with the eye shadow, or any primer the eye shadow will last all day long, and all night if you sleep in it, it is still near exactly how it was applied.
There is a fairly wide color selection, mainly neutral colors but a few more brighter colors and they blend perfectly together! You can use this palette for natural days or more night time, edgy looks as well.

The color choices are: Buff, Light brown, Cool Gray, Nectar, Plum(one of my favorites), Navy, Charcoal, Black, Snow(great for inner crease), Beige, Rose, Mocha, Chrome, Silver, Jade(a beautiful army green color), and Cocoa.

Overall I am in love with eye shadow and I would say it is definetly worth the cost!

on 10/31/2014 5:00:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I never owned anything from Lorac until this. This is gorgeous and so much pigment I am shocked I missed out so long. Cool toned shadows with dark and deep shadows such as navy to complete a lot of looks.

Half this palette is matte and the other half is satin, which I love. You can get natural or smokey with this one palette. Great quality and the shadows didn't need a primer on me, but using one is always better.

Buttery smooth and blended without even trying.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I'm not sure what took me so long to finally try ANY Lorac product but I am completely on board. Honestly, my Pro Palette 2 completely beats the crap out of my Urban Decay Naked palettes. This one is so much better than any other palette I have tried. With just this one palette, I can do 3 to 4 everyday looks and several more evening looks. With other palettes (I'm talking about you again,UD) I would still have to use other non-palette eyeshadows. But with this, I only use the palette for everything from base, crease, outer v, brow bone highlight, inner corner highlight, and even eyeliner. I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS PALETTE!

Also this #2 palette is so much prettier in person. When I went to the store, I originally went to buy the #1 palette but when I saw it in person I realized I already had a lot of the basic colors. I'd say #1 is a truly basic palette (I intend on getting that too once I run out of my basic eyeshadows). This #2 palette is just so gorgeous and really easy to use. I'm not particularly skilled in doing makeup but the smoothness/buttery-ness of these Lorac shadows really helps me look like I know what I'm doing!

on 7/9/2014 10:21:00 AM

I had been excited about this palette ever since Lorac started posting pictures of it on Instagram. I knew I had to have it. I did the preorder from Ulta and waited patiently. This palette is just as amazing as the original, maybe even better. I am OBSESSED with the Nectar, Rose, Mocha and Chrome colors. I am NOT a shimmer fan, I HATE the UD Palettes because of the "shimmer" but I love the Lorac "shimmer." My eyes do not get irritated from this eyeshadow, itch- or water. The colors are pretty true to how they look in the pan, and there is much more variety with this package. I have recommended this palette to EVERYONE. Definitely worth having, even if you have the first one too.