LORAC Pro Palette 2

LORAC Pro Palette 2
Pro Palette 2Pro Palette 2Pro Palette 2Pro Palette 2

4.6

Talc, Mica, Zinc Stearate, Boron Nitride, Silica, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Mineral Oil, Kaolin, Methicone, Lauroyl Lysine, Althaea Officinalis Root Extract, Carum Petroselinum (Parsley) Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Centaurea Cyanus Flower Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Extract, Water (Aqua), Propylene Glycol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Carmine (CI 75470), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090:2), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI 77510). *Contains Carmine as a Color Additive.

on 1/31/2016 11:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

I saw a lot of rave reviews on this and the swatches online looked REALLY good and the color selection looked very interesting so I finally decided to get it, thinking that I couldn't possibly go wrong with it
It is true that the pigmentation of these shadows is off the charts but other than that I don;t think they are executed well at all. The dark colors are really difficult to handle. They all have a ton of fallout. The shimmers have this strange formulation where when you swatch them, the base color and the shimmer particles separate easily. The mattes when put on the lid look chalky and emphasize lines and look dry and chalky and not smooth and velvety.
Anyway I saw a video where they used the shadows wet as a liner so I will try that so I can get some use out of these but otherwise I am very disappointed in this palette

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Between this and my pro1 I mostly reach for my pro1. These colors are more on the cool tone. I feel like I only swatched and use some but there's not dent in my usage on this. although the quality is nice and pigmented I just like the pro1 more. I may sell mine.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

I feel this is one of the few times I have ever disagreed with the reviews on here and with the reviews from YouTube. I always trust vintageortacky's reviews, I absolutely love her channel. She said she preferred this palette over the first Lorac Pro palette; so that is why I reached for this one first.
I absolutely love Lorac cosmetics, I think it is my favorite high end brand. The pigmentation of this palette is FANTASTIC, nothing wrong with color payoff or quality.
But somehow, it is really hard to coordinate eye looks with the arrange of colors this palette provides.
Don't get me wrong, it has some BRILLIANT shades, but the pops of colors in this palette are somewhat off. There are just so many times where I can wear a deep blue or an intense silver. And how am I going to pair up those colors with the olive green or the soft orange transition shade?
The palette is just somehow hard for me to work with. I feel like with the first Lorac Pro I can come up with SO many color combos in a snap, and I can wear all its shades at any given time of the day. The Pro 2 is more of a night palette if that makes sense.
I feel this palette would be great for you if you have more expertise at makeup.

on 9/30/2014 2:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I don't think I'll get as much use out of this as I do my original Lorac Pro Palette. Despite that, I do enjoy it. Once again, Lorac, I hate the cardboard packaging.

Favorite shades of the palette: Nectar, plum, navy, cool gray, chrome (the navy and plum both have blending issues for me, but I'm going to play around with them more).

Least favorites: Silver. Does anyone use silver eyeshadow anymore? I never see anyone wearing it and I don't really know how on earth I'm going to get any use out of it. I'll have to look into this, as I suppose this is more of a taste thing than a product issue.
I also am not so sure about Jade for the exact same reason, not sure how I'm going to wear that at all.

The rest aren't super memorable or unique in my opinion and you probably have them in another palette if you have a palette addiction like myself.

The Lorac Pro palettes are excellent for people who are just starting out with makeup as it covers all of basics and adds a few interesting shades to play around with. I would recommend the original Lorac Pro for absolute beginners though. I probably could have skipped this palette but the pull of a new palette sucked me in. I don't regret it and I won't return it as I love Lorac shadows.

on 9/15/2014 11:25:00 PM

These shadows are so pigmented you really need a light hand when applying them. I find that if I pick up too much, I end up having a hard time blending. The color combo in this palette is great.

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

Now I love Lorac as a brand and think their stuff is amazing. After careful consideration, I decided to return this palette. While the matte shades were beautiful, I found they didn't blend well on my skin. The cooler toned shades made me look dead. While it's a good quality palette, it just didn't work for me.

I know I am in the minority, but I do not care for this palette. The mattes do not blend well, and tend to muddy together in the process.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like this palette, but I don't love it.
I love some of the colors, like the shimmery white (snow), the peach (Nectar), the shimmery champagne (Beige) and the navy blue (Navy).
All the shadows have nice quality, but the some of the mattes and shimmers aren't very versatile. I think this palette lacks some cohesion. I prefer Pro 1 or 3 over this one, but I think this does have some stunner shades.
Overall, B.
7/10

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Great color selection of matte shades and satins. There is a wide range of both cool and warm toned looks to do with this palette. Only problem I have is that some shades here never really get used. Other than that, great pigment and decent blendability.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I love the Lorac Cosmetics PRO Palette 2 ($42) & it's basically the only shadow one I'm using right now since it has sixteen shades—eight matte & eight shimmery that are actually wearable during the day or nite all in one palette. It has a lot of shades that I actually will wear, too, which is great since one of my pet peeves is a shadow palette that has a handful of shades that I just don't wear. This has eight natural/neutral shades & eight somewhat dark shades I can wear to make an autumn or winter look, or a smoky eye. Top row (matte): Buff, Lt. Brown, Cool Gray, Nectar, Plum, Navy, Charcoal, & Black. Bottom row (shimmer): Snow, Beige, Rosé, Mocha, Chrome, Silver, Jade, & Cocoa. I have a like for all the shades, but my favorites or the ones I wear most often: Lt. Brown, Cool Gray, Plum, Charcoal, & Black.

My favorite thing about this palette is how pigmented & true to color the shades actually are! In addition to being a smooth shadow, each of these are pigmented… even if they're dry. (I don't like using shadow wet.) I love the black; it's so intense & true to color that it can actually be used as a shadow & an eyeliner. Although this is kind of pricey, but because of the quality of the palette, I recommend it!