LORAC Pro Palette 2

Filtered by skin type : Combination
LORAC Pro Palette 2
Pro Palette 2Pro Palette 2Pro Palette 2Pro Palette 2

4.7

Talc, Mica, Zinc Stearate, Boron Nitride, Silica, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Mineral Oil, Kaolin, Methicone, Lauroyl Lysine, Althaea Officinalis Root Extract, Carum Petroselinum (Parsley) Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Centaurea Cyanus Flower Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Extract, Water (Aqua), Propylene Glycol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Carmine (CI 75470), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090:2), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI 77510). *Contains Carmine as a Color Additive.

on 7/23/2014 10:54:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Do you have neutral or olive skin? Do you find that like Goldilocks, you need things to be neither too warm, nor too cool? If that is the case, run, do not walk, to the eyeshadow equivalent of a perfect bowl of porridge.

THE COLORS:
Many review of this palette claim that it is cool toned. I respectfully disagree & think the gray packaging tricks the eye a bit. To me, this palette is very neutral in the sense of neither too cool or warm. There are pops of both - the jade and nectar, the blue and silver - but for the most part - you are getting a great "neutral" selection that looks amazing on beige, olive or darker neutral skin. The colors - blue, plum, etc - also tend to be jewel tones, which also work well with neutral skin tones - especially those with dark hair and eyes as well.

THE FORMULA:
The shimmers are perfect in this palette. The texture is lovely, there are not glitter bombs, there is very little fall out, and it looks very flattering on the eye. My heart has been broken by gorgeous shades with glitter fall out -- looking at you Champagne - from the first Pro palette and you Sidecar - from UD Naked 1. My heart swells and remains intact when using this.
The mattes are great too. Lovely texture and color payoff. Buff could be a tad more pigmented, but it still works as a wash or highlight. Light brown and cool gray (BTW not a cool gray but a warm gray) are lovely in the crease. Nectar is nice to warm up an eye look. Finally the darker colors look great on lid or dampened and used as liner.
Both types blend very well without becoming muddy.

THE PRIMER:
This is a great primer and runs neck and neck with the Wet n Wild Fergie primer. I think it kicks UD and Nars' primer to the curb. A little goes a long way, and I still have primer left from the sample in my first Lorac palette.

THE PACKAGING:
Like the original, cardboard and very sleek. Enjoy the gray as it shows smudges less. Both have traveled well for me.

THE VERDICT:
For me, this is a slam dunk and love at first swipe. I have tried and returned Naked 3 (too much glitter and not enough variety to create various looks) and the It Cosmetics Naturally Pretty Palette (meh). I swatched Too Faced Chocolate Bar, and felt the colors and texture with inferior to this. Its been a while since I fell hard for new shadows, but net/net the two Lorac Pro Palettes are my HG. Those two will cover a ton of looks and don't overlap - barring black. The only other shadows that make my cut - in order of preference are - Naked Basics, various wet n wild shadows (why does the brand not make Nude Awakening 8 pan permanent?!?!?), Naked 1 and Naked 2. Bottom line - worth the money for this olive/neutral toned woman.

on 6/26/2014 9:42:00 AM

My original lorac pro palette has gotten so much love that I had to get this one. I love this palette! It's a more cool toned, more colorful palette than the original. I think the quality of the shadows is just as amazing as the original.

Colors: 8 shimmers and 8 mattes. The mattes include a few more colorful options: navy, plum and nectar (which is a pinkish-peach shade). There is a also nude shade, a light brown shade (great transition color), 2 grays, and black. The shimmers include a beautiful olive green, a rose gold, silver, a taupe-y shade, 2 browns, and two highlight colors.

Texture: Lorac shadows are hands down my favorite shadows as far as texture. The texture is the same as with the first pro palette. Super soft and buttery and pigmented. The shimmers go on beautifully with no fall out. As with the first one, I think the strength is really in the mattes. Matte shades, especially lighter ones, have a tendency to be a bit chalky and a lot of matte shadows aren't as pigmented. However, these matte shadows aren't chalky at all, go on and blend amazingly and are SUPER pigmented. I barely need to touch the pan with my brush.

Lasting power: I have only worn these with a primer (UD primer potion) and they wore all day with no creasing. There was very slight fading of the color, but nothing that's out of the ordinary for me with any of the other shadows I've ever used.

Packaging: Slim cardboard packaging like the original but in grey instead of black. A lot of people might prefer some sturdier like a tin, but I actually love that the packaging doesn't take up a lot of space. I think the grey might get less dirty looking as well.

Price: $42 just like the original. That's $4.77 per gram of shadow compared to $3.46 for urban decay naked palettes and $6.66 for the mac pro pan shadows. The shadows pack more punch so I also use less than when I use my UD/Mac palettes.

Bottom line: If you never use color, this palette might not be worth it and I'd go with the original lorac pro. Otherwise, I think it's a great palette to have in your collection. It is also perfect for someone who mostly wears neutrals but likes a pop of color here and there.

on 3/6/2015 2:07:00 AM

I really did not want to like this palette. In fact, I had hoped it would be terrible so I could talk myself out of buying it. When I swatched it at Kohl's I wanted to cry, because this palette was even better in person than I thought it would be. I wasn't sure at first, because so many beauty gurus on YouTube had lamented that they didn't love it as much as the original Pro Palette. Oh my Lord, these shadows are amazing! Just like the original there are 16 shades. The 8 on the top row all 100% matte and the 8 on the bottom row are shimmers. One thing I love about this palette is that Lorac was thoughtful and included some nice gray shades, including a matte which is really hard to come by in a high-end palette. Let's go over the shades:

Top Row (all mattes)
Buff - a soft cream shade
Lt. (light) Brown - a perfect brown transition shade. Slightly lighter than UD's Buck.
Cool Gray - a light taupey gray shade.
Nectar - similar to Freestyle in the UD Smoked palette, but peachier.
Plum - a rich purple
Navy - the showstopper in the palette. A super rich, intense royal navy blue.
Chacoal - a medium-dark true gray
Black-the only repeat from the original Pro Palette. Not an intense black. More of a deep charcoal/smoky shade

Bottom Row (all shimmers)
Snow - a super bright white
Beige - a bright champagne light gold shade
Rosť - a gorgeous, highly shimmery rose gold. Heavier on the gold side. Similar to Marzipan from the Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette, but less pink.
Mocha - a rich coppery brown
Chrome - a taupe silvery mushroom shade
Silver - highly shimmery true silver
Jade - a beautiful golden green
Cocoa - a dark shimmery reddish cocoa brown

Pros and Cons:

Pros:
~Highly pigmented. Some shades come across darker on the lid than they look in the pan, so you need just a light hand with these.
~The mattes are all velvety smooth.
~The shade range is impressive. There is no shortage of inspiring colors and they all work together harmoniously.
~The packaging is sleek.
~The eyeshadow primer sample is fantastic.

Cons:
~This isn't so much of a con as it is a warning. Snow is stark white, so use it sparingly. I found out the hard way that too much along the browline to highlight makes it look like your brows are being lit from underneath.
~The shades Plum, Navy, and Jade are harder to blend than the other shades. Apply with a light hand, blend forever, and then add more if you need to build up intensity.
~The packaging gets very messy. These shadows are very soft and some are on the more powdery side and kick up a bit of product when you dip your brush into them. The "grippy" cardboard packaging picks up every last speck of shadow dust and it just looks like a hot mess.

on 7/15/2014 12:46:00 PM

AHHHHHHHH (Heavenly music) This is my first shadows from Lorac. I passed on the 1st one because I have all the Naked pallets and I just didn't see the point to add 8 more shimmers to my collection and I had several Mac Mattes. But I decided to take the plunge with this one and Ladies, especially us mature Gals this is the most awesome pallet. If you want your life simplified with a couple of good pallets you will always reach for this is it. The colors are so creamy (including the shimmers) they blend beautifully. will work with other pallets or singles you already may have and have so many looks that can come from it and allow this pallet to stand on it's own. Perfect for travel because it's all in one place. Need I say more? Here is a list of the colors in this pallet:

Mattes:
Buff is a light, yellow-toned beige It had good color payoff, Love it as an under brow color

Light. Brown medium brown with warm undertones beautiful pigmentation, which applied evenly and smoothly. True color

Cool Gray is a cool-toned, gray-taupe

Nectar( My favorite) is a light-medium peach with warm, orange undertone it was blendable soft and oh so perfect as my transition shade

Plum is a dark, plummy purple warm undertones and a matte finish. Just a little bit dry but not horrible

Navy is a dark, but bright, navy blue . I have the Navy from the too faced summer pallet this one is much brighter, pigmented and soft. There is to me a lease the slightest hint of a shimmer. It's is part of the mattes.

Charcoal is a medium-dark gray with warm undertones

Black is a medium-dark black but it comes off more dark gray on me at least. I like that it isn't as dark as I have soooo many blacks in other pallets it's nice to have something a bit softer and not as harsh.

Shimmers:

Snow is a brightened white with a frosted, almost metallic, finish. it felt very soft and buttery and blended well. For me I would prefer to wear this on the lid or as a inner corner shade.

Beige is a light peach/beige great lid color for fair to light skin tones

Rose is a bright, metallic copper ROSEGOLD. Beautiful color payoff not chunky even though it is very shimmery. I put it right in the middle of my lid for a punch of sparkle.

Mocha is a dark brown with warm, reddish undertones very smooth great outter v or for a smokey eye with a different edge.

Chrome is a more taupey with warm undertones I like the color reminds me a little of Mac's Taupe but a bit more shimmery.

Silver is a light metallic silver . If you really liked UD's sliver in the Vice 2 pallet but found it just a little strong for mature skin this one will do it ladies. Great layer over your look to punch up a smokey eye or just add some shimmer to your day look so you can take it to a night look.

Jade is a jade green with some olive undertones another of my favorites. Perfect to use instead of black for the outer corner and give a little color to the eye. Little more shimmer for me than the others.

Cocoa is a rich, Red brown with medium shimmers. So pretty. If you are fair go easy on this one ladies or you may look like you've given yourself a black eye. Definitely an outer crease shade

I'm so glad this will be a permanent pallet and I hope they put a few of these out in Singles (nectar/jade) cause those shades I'm pretty sure will hit pan before I need a new pallet

TWO BIG THUMBS UP

on 7/18/2014 12:26:00 AM

i am so pleased with this palette. i used to have the first pro palette but because of my skin tone, the 6 lightest shades(white, cream, lt pink, nude, champagne and lt bronze show up as highlighters on me and the dark shades look similar too. the pro 2 however just the 3 lightest shades are my highlighters, lt brown, nectar, rose, mocha, chrome and silver can work as all over and transition colors, while the rest, cool gray, plum, navy, charcoal, black, jade and cocoa can be outer v or liner shades. to me, this is a much better value compared to the pro 1. i am an nc30 with neutral yellow base color and although this is a cooler palette than the pro 1, its actually quite neutral if you take away the jewel tone shades, plum and navy. to me, neutrals don't necessarily mean all browns. i love that i can either do a neutral brown look or a neutral gray. the silver is not too stark esp when paired with cool gray or chrome. i was also surprised that the navy was quite wearable. i normally avoid blues because it can either make my eyes look bruised or the blue just turns into black or dark grey. it showed up true to color and very wearable. i find that none of the shimmer shadows to be too shimmery or metallic, its pretty subtle. you do have to be careful when getting the shadows on your brush. these are very soft and can kick up a lot of powder even just by patting but i didn't have a lot of fall out when applying them on my lid. but it does pick up a lot of color so if you use the darker shades for the outer v, be very careful. either tap off the excess or run your brush behind your hand before applying it straight on to your lids because once you get a bunch of color on, they are so pigmented it'll take a while blending it out. if i ever run out or lose this palette, i would definitely repurchase. i think this is way better than the naked palettes because of the color options.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is a fantastic mix of colors for the price, and Lorac's powder formulas are outstanding.

I will say that as a low-maintenance person who struggles to get out the door in the morning, the matte colors for crease and liner can be a bit intimidating and because the pigment is so dense, it's easy to apply not-so-precisely when you're not paying enough attention. However, this can easily be fixed by blending out and adding more color (I do this frequently when trying to apply the darker colors as eyeliner).

After buying the Urban Decay Naked palette I wanted to branch out from neutrals just a bit, but not too much. Being in my 30's, I don't go to clubs or out to crazy bars nearly as much as I used to, so there's no need for all the glittery craziness. Navy, Plum, Jade, and Cocoa are my favorite colors in this palette because they are are rich, true tones that add just a bit of statement to a polished look without being overdone.

Voila, instant sophisticate.

on 8/8/2015 11:15:00 AM

I am a huge fan of the Naked Palettes, but I have barely reached for them since buying this. It is my favorite travel palette because you can get such a wide variety of use. It has mattes that look very different on the eye, warm and cool tones, and even some jewel tones. Ironically, this is known as the cooler pro palette, but my favorite look actually incorporates the warmer colors. Buff all over into the brow, rose on the moveable lid, nectar in the crease, mocha on the outer lid, and cocoa to line softly. The cooler colors are also wearable to me, even silver which is a color that tends to be too stark on me. Snow is my least used color, but I expected that going in.

It also blends like a dream. I am usually scared of darker colors in my crease because I have very small lid space and it can look awful on me but the shadows here take literally a few swipes of a brush to blend. It can be easy to overblend so watch out for that. There is a bit of fallout but it wipes away easily. The shimmery coolers are more on the shimmer/metallic side than the glitter side, which I like because it it is more appropriate for work. The packaging is slim which I like. I have not travelled on a plane with it yet, but hopefully the packaging can withstand it.

Anyway, this palette is amazing. Bottom line, I have barely touched my extensive collection since purchasing. It is just so wearable and versatile. I am on a nobuy at the moment, but I plan to get the Pro Palette when I am done. LORAC has converted me.

on 12/28/2014 4:48:00 PM

Oh. My. Gah. So pigmented. Such payoff. Much color. Wow.

My fave is the apricot color. My only caveat with this palette is its not for a quick use. One must blend the bejeebus out of these. Still, nothing compares to them in my long experience.

This is the only palette I own that I have actually "hit pan" on. I am fair skinned with cool - neutral undertones. All of the shades are creamy, blend with ease, and there are a lot of ways to make flattering combinations. This is my go-to for work because I am in a professional setting and I can easily put something classy yet dynamic together. I often choose not to use an eyeshadow primer with my eyeshadow because most of the primers I have tried make my shadow blotchy or can be difficult to blend. This was my experience with the mini primer included. So my one complaint with the shadows is that they start fading about four hours into the day. By the end of the work day they still look flattering, but it is noticable that they are not as "vibrant and fresh" as early on. I understand some might read this and say "yeah because you don't have primer on, bozo" and that's a fair argument but if you are like me and choose to forgo primer this may be your experience. Otherwise lovely palette and great value.

on 1/31/2015 11:02:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

Well worth the money....

I got this a few months ago for $29 from HSN. I would have no problem paying full price for this palette.

The colors are beautiful, vibrant and long lasting (with a primer). They colors are:

TOP: Buff, Light brown, Cool Gray, Nectar, Plum, Navy, Charcoal, Black
BOTTOM: Snow, Beige, Rose, Mocha, Chrome, Silver, Jade, Cocoa

I can attest to the wearability of each and everyone of these colors for women with brown skin. The shades are more on the neutral/cool side but do not leave an ashy finish when properly blended on the eye. My personal favorite is Chrome....beautiful color on the lid with a warm base underneath.

The packaging is slim and easy to pop in a tote bag. You get plenty of product and there is a decent mirror on the lid.

I think that the Cool Grey, Charcoal and Black are too similar in depth and color to be in the same palette. The black could be deeper and either the Grey or Charcoal could be replaced with another color in my opinion.

Overall this is a beautiful palette that I plan to repurchase. I haven't tried the original Lorac Pro Palette yet, I may have to take a closer look!