LORAC Pro Palette 2

LORAC Pro Palette 2
Pro Palette 2Pro Palette 2Pro Palette 2Pro Palette 2

4.6

Talc, Mica, Zinc Stearate, Boron Nitride, Silica, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Mineral Oil, Kaolin, Methicone, Lauroyl Lysine, Althaea Officinalis Root Extract, Carum Petroselinum (Parsley) Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Centaurea Cyanus Flower Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Extract, Water (Aqua), Propylene Glycol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Carmine (CI 75470), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090:2), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI 77510). *Contains Carmine as a Color Additive.

on 7/23/2014 10:54:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Do you have neutral or olive skin? Do you find that like Goldilocks, you need things to be neither too warm, nor too cool? If that is the case, run, do not walk, to the eyeshadow equivalent of a perfect bowl of porridge.

THE COLORS:
Many review of this palette claim that it is cool toned. I respectfully disagree & think the gray packaging tricks the eye a bit. To me, this palette is very neutral in the sense of neither too cool or warm. There are pops of both - the jade and nectar, the blue and silver - but for the most part - you are getting a great "neutral" selection that looks amazing on beige, olive or darker neutral skin. The colors - blue, plum, etc - also tend to be jewel tones, which also work well with neutral skin tones - especially those with dark hair and eyes as well.

THE FORMULA:
The shimmers are perfect in this palette. The texture is lovely, there are not glitter bombs, there is very little fall out, and it looks very flattering on the eye. My heart has been broken by gorgeous shades with glitter fall out -- looking at you Champagne - from the first Pro palette and you Sidecar - from UD Naked 1. My heart swells and remains intact when using this.
The mattes are great too. Lovely texture and color payoff. Buff could be a tad more pigmented, but it still works as a wash or highlight. Light brown and cool gray (BTW not a cool gray but a warm gray) are lovely in the crease. Nectar is nice to warm up an eye look. Finally the darker colors look great on lid or dampened and used as liner.
Both types blend very well without becoming muddy.

THE PRIMER:
This is a great primer and runs neck and neck with the Wet n Wild Fergie primer. I think it kicks UD and Nars' primer to the curb. A little goes a long way, and I still have primer left from the sample in my first Lorac palette.

THE PACKAGING:
Like the original, cardboard and very sleek. Enjoy the gray as it shows smudges less. Both have traveled well for me.

THE VERDICT:
For me, this is a slam dunk and love at first swipe. I have tried and returned Naked 3 (too much glitter and not enough variety to create various looks) and the It Cosmetics Naturally Pretty Palette (meh). I swatched Too Faced Chocolate Bar, and felt the colors and texture with inferior to this. Its been a while since I fell hard for new shadows, but net/net the two Lorac Pro Palettes are my HG. Those two will cover a ton of looks and don't overlap - barring black. The only other shadows that make my cut - in order of preference are - Naked Basics, various wet n wild shadows (why does the brand not make Nude Awakening 8 pan permanent?!?!?), Naked 1 and Naked 2. Bottom line - worth the money for this olive/neutral toned woman.

on 6/26/2014 9:42:00 AM

My original lorac pro palette has gotten so much love that I had to get this one. I love this palette! It's a more cool toned, more colorful palette than the original. I think the quality of the shadows is just as amazing as the original.

Colors: 8 shimmers and 8 mattes. The mattes include a few more colorful options: navy, plum and nectar (which is a pinkish-peach shade). There is a also nude shade, a light brown shade (great transition color), 2 grays, and black. The shimmers include a beautiful olive green, a rose gold, silver, a taupe-y shade, 2 browns, and two highlight colors.

Texture: Lorac shadows are hands down my favorite shadows as far as texture. The texture is the same as with the first pro palette. Super soft and buttery and pigmented. The shimmers go on beautifully with no fall out. As with the first one, I think the strength is really in the mattes. Matte shades, especially lighter ones, have a tendency to be a bit chalky and a lot of matte shadows aren't as pigmented. However, these matte shadows aren't chalky at all, go on and blend amazingly and are SUPER pigmented. I barely need to touch the pan with my brush.

Lasting power: I have only worn these with a primer (UD primer potion) and they wore all day with no creasing. There was very slight fading of the color, but nothing that's out of the ordinary for me with any of the other shadows I've ever used.

Packaging: Slim cardboard packaging like the original but in grey instead of black. A lot of people might prefer some sturdier like a tin, but I actually love that the packaging doesn't take up a lot of space. I think the grey might get less dirty looking as well.

Price: $42 just like the original. That's $4.77 per gram of shadow compared to $3.46 for urban decay naked palettes and $6.66 for the mac pro pan shadows. The shadows pack more punch so I also use less than when I use my UD/Mac palettes.

Bottom line: If you never use color, this palette might not be worth it and I'd go with the original lorac pro. Otherwise, I think it's a great palette to have in your collection. It is also perfect for someone who mostly wears neutrals but likes a pop of color here and there.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Okay okay, I'll admit I wasn't sure if this would be my absolute favorite. I have warm palettes that get a LOT of use, and the cool shadows seem to gather a lot of dust, but this one is the exception.

What I like most about this palette is that is encourages my creativity. There's not an overwhelming amount of neutrals, there are a lot of unique shades that inspire me to create new looks. I have searched for dupes of these shades in my collection, and with the exception of buff, I have NONE.

As far as layout, I have zero complaints- half shimmer, half matte, and if you split it down the middle vertically, you have eight neutrals, and eight unconventional shades. Aesthetically, it's extremely pleasing, and when I use it, I notice my thought process is more organized than usual, and I think that has a lot to do with the layout. I know that probably sounds weird, but that's because it is. Eyeshadow is a complicated, and mentally exhausting process, and if you don't think that, you're doing it wrong.

The quality of the shadows is definitely on par, but what else do you expect honestly?! Lorac hits it out of the park with their shadows (with the exception of some LE palettes, but thats a story for another time kids) I accidentally dropped this once, and it hit my pajama pants on the way down, I kid you not, there were imprints of black, charcoal, jade, and cocoa on my pants. They merely grazed my pants and left heavily pigmented marks that almost didn't come out. And no, I didn't put primer on my pants either. That's some serious staying power guys.

The colors are honestly not something I thought I would find myself reaching for, but I use this a lot! I've made a big dent in buff (eye roll...of course), nectar, lt brown (pronounced light brown, or lieutenant brown- your choice), cool gray, plum, and of course the stunner of the palette- rose(pronounced ro-zay, not rose- this pronunciation is not up to your choice.) I've made some absolutely beautiful looks with jade and navy, and I've been working on a look with charcoal and navy that looks very very similar to Melt cosmetics "fixated" eyeshadow.

This palette is not going to be a "must have" for everyone, but there are some absolutely beautiful shades in here, so if your enjoy experimenting with shadows, and you want to incorporate more cool shades into your life, then this is definitely the palette for the task.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Lorac eyeshadows are the best. Highly pigmented, easy to blend, they live up to the hype.

I keep hearing/reading people refer to this as the "cool" palette - WRONG. The bulk of this palette contains warm tones, with the rest more neutral/cool. Even the traditionally cool colors like gray have a very warm undertone in this palette. Many of the shades have a yellow undertone.

For me, this palette was a miss. Although the quality of the shadows is exceptional, the colors were a bit of a miss for me. I have very cool toned skin, and many of these shades were much too warm for me. The Nectar/Rose/Mocha colors are stunning in the pan, but looked odd on me - sadly they just pulled very yellow.

I gave the palette to my little sister, who has warm toned skin. Stunning - the colors are fantastic on her.
I still give it a 5 star - only because it is now HG palette for my sister.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I've recently bought a shed-load of new makeup and had told myself I was going to "scale back". HA - whom am I trying to fool? LORAC is no longer available in Canada but the fella and I went cross border shopping last weekend and I just had to get this palette. It has been on my radar for quite some time and I wasn't really sure whether to get the first palette or this one til I saw them both in-store, and then the decision was easy when I saw them side by side. Compared to the first Pro palette, this one has more cool toned neutrals though it is still well-balanced - neither too cool nor too warm.

Despite having just bought the new Kat von D Shade+Light palette, which I thought would be a perfect travel palette, Pro2 has already eclipsed that. For starters, it has a LOT of eyeshadows - SIXTEEN to choose from. The variety of finishes (mattes and shimmer) is right up my alley - I love some shimmer in almost any eye look and it's the one criticism I have of the KvD palette (and I realize that it was meant to be an all matte palette but I still miss a bit of shimmer). And I love that there is a bit of colour in this palette, in the form of the Navy and Plum shades and that really does make this perfect for travelling - you honestly do not need to take a single other eyeshadow and as much as I love my Naked palettes, that isn't something I can say about them. The packaging on the LORAC palette, while cardboard, is thin and sleek. No room for a brush or pencil (it would be nice) but it's not a deal breaker.

I find the texture of these shadows to be excellent - they apply smoothly and blend nicely and the finish is flattering even on these old eyelids. I use Snow, a bright, frosted white, on the inner corners and at first, it is rather shockingly white AND shiny but a gentle flick of the brush and it blends so that what is left is just a brightening bit of lightness. I very much like the shadow primer that came with this in a small sample size as it too is perfect for travel. And I also have to say that I love the fact that LORAC shadows have such practical names - Navy, Light Brown, Charcoal, etc. Names like "Chinois" or "Ursa Major" or "Samael" may sound interesting but they sure don't tell you what the heck the colour is, so YAY for names that are down to earth for a change!

I'd drive across the border again to replace this beauty!

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I'd drive across the border again to replace this beauty!

on 1/31/2016 11:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

I saw a lot of rave reviews on this and the swatches online looked REALLY good and the color selection looked very interesting so I finally decided to get it, thinking that I couldn't possibly go wrong with it
It is true that the pigmentation of these shadows is off the charts but other than that I don;t think they are executed well at all. The dark colors are really difficult to handle. They all have a ton of fallout. The shimmers have this strange formulation where when you swatch them, the base color and the shimmer particles separate easily. The mattes when put on the lid look chalky and emphasize lines and look dry and chalky and not smooth and velvety.
Anyway I saw a video where they used the shadows wet as a liner so I will try that so I can get some use out of these but otherwise I am very disappointed in this palette

on 5/28/2015 11:30:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I was writing another palette review and I realized that I pretty much compare everything to this amazing, amazing palette.

This is my first LORAC eyeshadow purchase, and I bought it on a whim at Ulta while grabbing some of the Tantalizer self-tanner (another HG from LORAC). I don't know why I hadn't tried their shadows sooner, because texturally they're absolutely the best I've ever used.

Nothing applies like these shadows; they're phenomenal and they're so smooth and easy to use that it actually takes me less time to apply my makeup in the morning. Blending is a breeze. The matte shades may be a little too soft for some but I love them. Some of the shimmers/satins are a bit sheer at first (mainly the greenish one and the aubergine shade) but can be built up without harsh lines, and the rest are so pigmented it's insane. The colors go well with my fair, cool skin and dark hair, but I can see how it would be a little weird if you don't usually go with jeweltones for makeup. I pretty much stick to neutrals for work and then either line or accent with the colors if I'm feeling jazzy.

My favorite palette by a long shot, and the reason I'll be buying more LORAC.

EDIT: Oh crap, I forgot to rave about Chrome. Chrome is the best warm mauvey-taupe ever...it's pretty much Satin Taupe on 'roids. It wears like iron.

on 7/15/2014 12:46:00 PM

AHHHHHHHH (Heavenly music) This is my first shadows from Lorac. I passed on the 1st one because I have all the Naked pallets and I just didn't see the point to add 8 more shimmers to my collection and I had several Mac Mattes. But I decided to take the plunge with this one and Ladies, especially us mature Gals this is the most awesome pallet. If you want your life simplified with a couple of good pallets you will always reach for this is it. The colors are so creamy (including the shimmers) they blend beautifully. will work with other pallets or singles you already may have and have so many looks that can come from it and allow this pallet to stand on it's own. Perfect for travel because it's all in one place. Need I say more? Here is a list of the colors in this pallet:

Mattes:
Buff is a light, yellow-toned beige It had good color payoff, Love it as an under brow color

Light. Brown medium brown with warm undertones beautiful pigmentation, which applied evenly and smoothly. True color

Cool Gray is a cool-toned, gray-taupe

Nectar( My favorite) is a light-medium peach with warm, orange undertone it was blendable soft and oh so perfect as my transition shade

Plum is a dark, plummy purple warm undertones and a matte finish. Just a little bit dry but not horrible

Navy is a dark, but bright, navy blue . I have the Navy from the too faced summer pallet this one is much brighter, pigmented and soft. There is to me a lease the slightest hint of a shimmer. It's is part of the mattes.

Charcoal is a medium-dark gray with warm undertones

Black is a medium-dark black but it comes off more dark gray on me at least. I like that it isn't as dark as I have soooo many blacks in other pallets it's nice to have something a bit softer and not as harsh.

Shimmers:

Snow is a brightened white with a frosted, almost metallic, finish. it felt very soft and buttery and blended well. For me I would prefer to wear this on the lid or as a inner corner shade.

Beige is a light peach/beige great lid color for fair to light skin tones

Rose is a bright, metallic copper ROSEGOLD. Beautiful color payoff not chunky even though it is very shimmery. I put it right in the middle of my lid for a punch of sparkle.

Mocha is a dark brown with warm, reddish undertones very smooth great outter v or for a smokey eye with a different edge.

Chrome is a more taupey with warm undertones I like the color reminds me a little of Mac's Taupe but a bit more shimmery.

Silver is a light metallic silver . If you really liked UD's sliver in the Vice 2 pallet but found it just a little strong for mature skin this one will do it ladies. Great layer over your look to punch up a smokey eye or just add some shimmer to your day look so you can take it to a night look.

Jade is a jade green with some olive undertones another of my favorites. Perfect to use instead of black for the outer corner and give a little color to the eye. Little more shimmer for me than the others.

Cocoa is a rich, Red brown with medium shimmers. So pretty. If you are fair go easy on this one ladies or you may look like you've given yourself a black eye. Definitely an outer crease shade

I'm so glad this will be a permanent pallet and I hope they put a few of these out in Singles (nectar/jade) cause those shades I'm pretty sure will hit pan before I need a new pallet

TWO BIG THUMBS UP

on 3/6/2015 2:07:00 AM

I really did not want to like this palette. In fact, I had hoped it would be terrible so I could talk myself out of buying it. When I swatched it at Kohl's I wanted to cry, because this palette was even better in person than I thought it would be. I wasn't sure at first, because so many beauty gurus on YouTube had lamented that they didn't love it as much as the original Pro Palette. Oh my Lord, these shadows are amazing! Just like the original there are 16 shades. The 8 on the top row all 100% matte and the 8 on the bottom row are shimmers. One thing I love about this palette is that Lorac was thoughtful and included some nice gray shades, including a matte which is really hard to come by in a high-end palette. Let's go over the shades:

Top Row (all mattes)
Buff - a soft cream shade
Lt. (light) Brown - a perfect brown transition shade. Slightly lighter than UD's Buck.
Cool Gray - a light taupey gray shade.
Nectar - similar to Freestyle in the UD Smoked palette, but peachier.
Plum - a rich purple
Navy - the showstopper in the palette. A super rich, intense royal navy blue.
Chacoal - a medium-dark true gray
Black-the only repeat from the original Pro Palette. Not an intense black. More of a deep charcoal/smoky shade

Bottom Row (all shimmers)
Snow - a super bright white
Beige - a bright champagne light gold shade
Ros - a gorgeous, highly shimmery rose gold. Heavier on the gold side. Similar to Marzipan from the Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette, but less pink.
Mocha - a rich coppery brown
Chrome - a taupe silvery mushroom shade
Silver - highly shimmery true silver
Jade - a beautiful golden green
Cocoa - a dark shimmery reddish cocoa brown

Pros and Cons:

Pros:
~Highly pigmented. Some shades come across darker on the lid than they look in the pan, so you need just a light hand with these.
~The mattes are all velvety smooth.
~The shade range is impressive. There is no shortage of inspiring colors and they all work together harmoniously.
~The packaging is sleek.
~The eyeshadow primer sample is fantastic.

Cons:
~This isn't so much of a con as it is a warning. Snow is stark white, so use it sparingly. I found out the hard way that too much along the browline to highlight makes it look like your brows are being lit from underneath.
~The shades Plum, Navy, and Jade are harder to blend than the other shades. Apply with a light hand, blend forever, and then add more if you need to build up intensity.
~The packaging gets very messy. These shadows are very soft and some are on the more powdery side and kick up a bit of product when you dip your brush into them. The "grippy" cardboard packaging picks up every last speck of shadow dust and it just looks like a hot mess.