LORAC Pro Palette 2

LORAC Pro Palette 2
Pro Palette 2Pro Palette 2Pro Palette 2Pro Palette 2

4.6

Talc, Mica, Zinc Stearate, Boron Nitride, Silica, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Mineral Oil, Kaolin, Methicone, Lauroyl Lysine, Althaea Officinalis Root Extract, Carum Petroselinum (Parsley) Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Centaurea Cyanus Flower Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Extract, Water (Aqua), Propylene Glycol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Carmine (CI 75470), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090:2), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI 77510). *Contains Carmine as a Color Additive.

on 6/26/2014 9:42:00 AM

My original lorac pro palette has gotten so much love that I had to get this one. I love this palette! It's a more cool toned, more colorful palette than the original. I think the quality of the shadows is just as amazing as the original.

Colors: 8 shimmers and 8 mattes. The mattes include a few more colorful options: navy, plum and nectar (which is a pinkish-peach shade). There is a also nude shade, a light brown shade (great transition color), 2 grays, and black. The shimmers include a beautiful olive green, a rose gold, silver, a taupe-y shade, 2 browns, and two highlight colors.

Texture: Lorac shadows are hands down my favorite shadows as far as texture. The texture is the same as with the first pro palette. Super soft and buttery and pigmented. The shimmers go on beautifully with no fall out. As with the first one, I think the strength is really in the mattes. Matte shades, especially lighter ones, have a tendency to be a bit chalky and a lot of matte shadows aren't as pigmented. However, these matte shadows aren't chalky at all, go on and blend amazingly and are SUPER pigmented. I barely need to touch the pan with my brush.

Lasting power: I have only worn these with a primer (UD primer potion) and they wore all day with no creasing. There was very slight fading of the color, but nothing that's out of the ordinary for me with any of the other shadows I've ever used.

Packaging: Slim cardboard packaging like the original but in grey instead of black. A lot of people might prefer some sturdier like a tin, but I actually love that the packaging doesn't take up a lot of space. I think the grey might get less dirty looking as well.

Price: $42 just like the original. That's $4.77 per gram of shadow compared to $3.46 for urban decay naked palettes and $6.66 for the mac pro pan shadows. The shadows pack more punch so I also use less than when I use my UD/Mac palettes.

Bottom line: If you never use color, this palette might not be worth it and I'd go with the original lorac pro. Otherwise, I think it's a great palette to have in your collection. It is also perfect for someone who mostly wears neutrals but likes a pop of color here and there.

on 6/30/2014 12:52:00 PM

I recently purchased both the original Lorac Pro and now Pro 2 and I have to say that I am very impressed ..... Lorac Pro 2 definitely has more cooler color choices versus Pro 1 but both are excellent choices ....... I am cool in coloring NW10 and have brown eyes and Pro 2 works well with my coloring ...... the texture is perfect and easy to blend (no fallout so far) and pigmented ...... I love the color selections and can create many looks ...... I have researched this palette prior to purchasing and noted that some reviewers online complained of the darker shades , but I have used the darker shades as both an eyeliner or outer corner crease shade and have had no issues with blending or any other application issues. I own many palettes and my favorites are Tom Ford and now Lorac Pro 1 and Pro 2 (I have been using 1 and 2 everyday since I have received my order.) Highly Recommended.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got this palette a few days ago and have played around with looks already several times! these colors are perfect for my light complexion! very intense color payoff, and they feel so smooth and velvety! great quality. LORAC usually has a good high quality product line and this is no exception! I do not own the original and now think I may pick it up after seeing the quality of this one!

on 7/9/2014 10:21:00 AM

I had been excited about this palette ever since Lorac started posting pictures of it on Instagram. I knew I had to have it. I did the preorder from Ulta and waited patiently. This palette is just as amazing as the original, maybe even better. I am OBSESSED with the Nectar, Rose, Mocha and Chrome colors. I am NOT a shimmer fan, I HATE the UD Palettes because of the "shimmer" but I love the Lorac "shimmer." My eyes do not get irritated from this eyeshadow, itch- or water. The colors are pretty true to how they look in the pan, and there is much more variety with this package. I have recommended this palette to EVERYONE. Definitely worth having, even if you have the first one too.

on 7/15/2014 12:46:00 PM

AHHHHHHHH (Heavenly music) This is my first shadows from Lorac. I passed on the 1st one because I have all the Naked pallets and I just didn't see the point to add 8 more shimmers to my collection and I had several Mac Mattes. But I decided to take the plunge with this one and Ladies, especially us mature Gals this is the most awesome pallet. If you want your life simplified with a couple of good pallets you will always reach for this is it. The colors are so creamy (including the shimmers) they blend beautifully. will work with other pallets or singles you already may have and have so many looks that can come from it and allow this pallet to stand on it's own. Perfect for travel because it's all in one place. Need I say more? Here is a list of the colors in this pallet:

Mattes:
Buff is a light, yellow-toned beige It had good color payoff, Love it as an under brow color

Light. Brown medium brown with warm undertones beautiful pigmentation, which applied evenly and smoothly. True color

Cool Gray is a cool-toned, gray-taupe

Nectar( My favorite) is a light-medium peach with warm, orange undertone it was blendable soft and oh so perfect as my transition shade

Plum is a dark, plummy purple warm undertones and a matte finish. Just a little bit dry but not horrible

Navy is a dark, but bright, navy blue . I have the Navy from the too faced summer pallet this one is much brighter, pigmented and soft. There is to me a lease the slightest hint of a shimmer. It's is part of the mattes.

Charcoal is a medium-dark gray with warm undertones

Black is a medium-dark black but it comes off more dark gray on me at least. I like that it isn't as dark as I have soooo many blacks in other pallets it's nice to have something a bit softer and not as harsh.

Shimmers:

Snow is a brightened white with a frosted, almost metallic, finish. it felt very soft and buttery and blended well. For me I would prefer to wear this on the lid or as a inner corner shade.

Beige is a light peach/beige great lid color for fair to light skin tones

Rose is a bright, metallic copper ROSEGOLD. Beautiful color payoff not chunky even though it is very shimmery. I put it right in the middle of my lid for a punch of sparkle.

Mocha is a dark brown with warm, reddish undertones very smooth great outter v or for a smokey eye with a different edge.

Chrome is a more taupey with warm undertones I like the color reminds me a little of Mac's Taupe but a bit more shimmery.

Silver is a light metallic silver . If you really liked UD's sliver in the Vice 2 pallet but found it just a little strong for mature skin this one will do it ladies. Great layer over your look to punch up a smokey eye or just add some shimmer to your day look so you can take it to a night look.

Jade is a jade green with some olive undertones another of my favorites. Perfect to use instead of black for the outer corner and give a little color to the eye. Little more shimmer for me than the others.

Cocoa is a rich, Red brown with medium shimmers. So pretty. If you are fair go easy on this one ladies or you may look like you've given yourself a black eye. Definitely an outer crease shade

I'm so glad this will be a permanent pallet and I hope they put a few of these out in Singles (nectar/jade) cause those shades I'm pretty sure will hit pan before I need a new pallet

TWO BIG THUMBS UP

on 7/18/2014 12:26:00 AM

i am so pleased with this palette. i used to have the first pro palette but because of my skin tone, the 6 lightest shades(white, cream, lt pink, nude, champagne and lt bronze show up as highlighters on me and the dark shades look similar too. the pro 2 however just the 3 lightest shades are my highlighters, lt brown, nectar, rose, mocha, chrome and silver can work as all over and transition colors, while the rest, cool gray, plum, navy, charcoal, black, jade and cocoa can be outer v or liner shades. to me, this is a much better value compared to the pro 1. i am an nc30 with neutral yellow base color and although this is a cooler palette than the pro 1, its actually quite neutral if you take away the jewel tone shades, plum and navy. to me, neutrals don't necessarily mean all browns. i love that i can either do a neutral brown look or a neutral gray. the silver is not too stark esp when paired with cool gray or chrome. i was also surprised that the navy was quite wearable. i normally avoid blues because it can either make my eyes look bruised or the blue just turns into black or dark grey. it showed up true to color and very wearable. i find that none of the shimmer shadows to be too shimmery or metallic, its pretty subtle. you do have to be careful when getting the shadows on your brush. these are very soft and can kick up a lot of powder even just by patting but i didn't have a lot of fall out when applying them on my lid. but it does pick up a lot of color so if you use the darker shades for the outer v, be very careful. either tap off the excess or run your brush behind your hand before applying it straight on to your lids because once you get a bunch of color on, they are so pigmented it'll take a while blending it out. if i ever run out or lose this palette, i would definitely repurchase. i think this is way better than the naked palettes because of the color options.

on 7/18/2014 8:19:00 AM

I love the textures of the shadows, the pigments are amazing and the shades are beautiful. Its a pallet I could not wait to get my hands on once I heard it was being released!

on 7/23/2014 10:54:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Do you have neutral or olive skin? Do you find that like Goldilocks, you need things to be neither too warm, nor too cool? If that is the case, run, do not walk, to the eyeshadow equivalent of a perfect bowl of porridge.

THE COLORS:
Many review of this palette claim that it is cool toned. I respectfully disagree & think the gray packaging tricks the eye a bit. To me, this palette is very neutral in the sense of neither too cool or warm. There are pops of both - the jade and nectar, the blue and silver - but for the most part - you are getting a great "neutral" selection that looks amazing on beige, olive or darker neutral skin. The colors - blue, plum, etc - also tend to be jewel tones, which also work well with neutral skin tones - especially those with dark hair and eyes as well.

THE FORMULA:
The shimmers are perfect in this palette. The texture is lovely, there are not glitter bombs, there is very little fall out, and it looks very flattering on the eye. My heart has been broken by gorgeous shades with glitter fall out -- looking at you Champagne - from the first Pro palette and you Sidecar - from UD Naked 1. My heart swells and remains intact when using this.
The mattes are great too. Lovely texture and color payoff. Buff could be a tad more pigmented, but it still works as a wash or highlight. Light brown and cool gray (BTW not a cool gray but a warm gray) are lovely in the crease. Nectar is nice to warm up an eye look. Finally the darker colors look great on lid or dampened and used as liner.
Both types blend very well without becoming muddy.

THE PRIMER:
This is a great primer and runs neck and neck with the Wet n Wild Fergie primer. I think it kicks UD and Nars' primer to the curb. A little goes a long way, and I still have primer left from the sample in my first Lorac palette.

THE PACKAGING:
Like the original, cardboard and very sleek. Enjoy the gray as it shows smudges less. Both have traveled well for me.

THE VERDICT:
For me, this is a slam dunk and love at first swipe. I have tried and returned Naked 3 (too much glitter and not enough variety to create various looks) and the It Cosmetics Naturally Pretty Palette (meh). I swatched Too Faced Chocolate Bar, and felt the colors and texture with inferior to this. Its been a while since I fell hard for new shadows, but net/net the two Lorac Pro Palettes are my HG. Those two will cover a ton of looks and don't overlap - barring black. The only other shadows that make my cut - in order of preference are - Naked Basics, various wet n wild shadows (why does the brand not make Nude Awakening 8 pan permanent?!?!?), Naked 1 and Naked 2. Bottom line - worth the money for this olive/neutral toned woman.

I know I am in the minority, but I do not care for this palette. The mattes do not blend well, and tend to muddy together in the process.

on 7/27/2014 6:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I love this! It's a neutral palette but with pops of something different, enough to keep it exciting. I own the Pro 1, UD Naked, TF Chocolate Bar, etc and tend to find myself gravitating toward warm bronze and brown shades to compliment my blue eyes. However, every now and then I want to play with some great quality grays, taupes, and jewel tones and this palette was the answer! I LOVE Nectar (a peachy matte shade) all over the lid, with either Lt Brown or Cool Gray buffed into the crease for a quick and natural look. Chrome (a metallic taupe) and Rose (a gorge rose gold, much like UD Chopper but w/o all the crazy glitter fallout) are also amazing on the lid. For a more dramatic look, I might add one of the darker brown shades in the outer V and on the lower lash line. The quality of these shadows are amazing and just like the much-loved and raved about ones in the Pro 1. I've had this for two weeks and have used it basically every day since. This is definitely different enough from the Pro 1 to justify buying both. I might even like this one a little bit more! :-O :-)