LORAC Pro Palette 2

Filtered by age: 44-55
LORAC Pro Palette 2
Pro Palette 2Pro Palette 2Pro Palette 2Pro Palette 2

4.8

Talc, Mica, Zinc Stearate, Boron Nitride, Silica, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Mineral Oil, Kaolin, Methicone, Lauroyl Lysine, Althaea Officinalis Root Extract, Carum Petroselinum (Parsley) Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Centaurea Cyanus Flower Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Extract, Water (Aqua), Propylene Glycol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Carmine (CI 75470), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090:2), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI 77510). *Contains Carmine as a Color Additive.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I've recently bought a shed-load of new makeup and had told myself I was going to "scale back". HA - whom am I trying to fool? LORAC is no longer available in Canada but the fella and I went cross border shopping last weekend and I just had to get this palette. It has been on my radar for quite some time and I wasn't really sure whether to get the first palette or this one til I saw them both in-store, and then the decision was easy when I saw them side by side. Compared to the first Pro palette, this one has more cool toned neutrals though it is still well-balanced - neither too cool nor too warm.

Despite having just bought the new Kat von D Shade+Light palette, which I thought would be a perfect travel palette, Pro2 has already eclipsed that. For starters, it has a LOT of eyeshadows - SIXTEEN to choose from. The variety of finishes (mattes and shimmer) is right up my alley - I love some shimmer in almost any eye look and it's the one criticism I have of the KvD palette (and I realize that it was meant to be an all matte palette but I still miss a bit of shimmer). And I love that there is a bit of colour in this palette, in the form of the Navy and Plum shades and that really does make this perfect for travelling - you honestly do not need to take a single other eyeshadow and as much as I love my Naked palettes, that isn't something I can say about them. The packaging on the LORAC palette, while cardboard, is thin and sleek. No room for a brush or pencil (it would be nice) but it's not a deal breaker.

I find the texture of these shadows to be excellent - they apply smoothly and blend nicely and the finish is flattering even on these old eyelids. I use Snow, a bright, frosted white, on the inner corners and at first, it is rather shockingly white AND shiny but a gentle flick of the brush and it blends so that what is left is just a brightening bit of lightness. I very much like the shadow primer that came with this in a small sample size as it too is perfect for travel. And I also have to say that I love the fact that LORAC shadows have such practical names - Navy, Light Brown, Charcoal, etc. Names like "Chinois" or "Ursa Major" or "Samael" may sound interesting but they sure don't tell you what the heck the colour is, so YAY for names that are down to earth for a change!

I'd drive across the border again to replace this beauty!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I'd drive across the border again to replace this beauty!

on 1/31/2015 11:02:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

Well worth the money....

I got this a few months ago for $29 from HSN. I would have no problem paying full price for this palette.

The colors are beautiful, vibrant and long lasting (with a primer). They colors are:

TOP: Buff, Light brown, Cool Gray, Nectar, Plum, Navy, Charcoal, Black
BOTTOM: Snow, Beige, Rose, Mocha, Chrome, Silver, Jade, Cocoa

I can attest to the wearability of each and everyone of these colors for women with brown skin. The shades are more on the neutral/cool side but do not leave an ashy finish when properly blended on the eye. My personal favorite is Chrome....beautiful color on the lid with a warm base underneath.

The packaging is slim and easy to pop in a tote bag. You get plenty of product and there is a decent mirror on the lid.

I think that the Cool Grey, Charcoal and Black are too similar in depth and color to be in the same palette. The black could be deeper and either the Grey or Charcoal could be replaced with another color in my opinion.

Overall this is a beautiful palette that I plan to repurchase. I haven't tried the original Lorac Pro Palette yet, I may have to take a closer look!

on 12/28/2014 4:48:00 PM

Oh. My. Gah. So pigmented. Such payoff. Much color. Wow.

My fave is the apricot color. My only caveat with this palette is its not for a quick use. One must blend the bejeebus out of these. Still, nothing compares to them in my long experience.

Beautiful palette, pigmented like crazy, buttery...Nuff said lol Love it!

I really love the pigmentation, long wear, creaminess, and shimmer without glitter that I get from LORAC shadows, and this palette is my favorite. While people call this cooler than the first Pro palette, I think that is primarily due to the grey packaging. There are a few cool colors but more lean warm or neutral. I have blue-grey eyes and find all colors but Jade to be flattering. My very favorites are Chrome, Rose, Mocha, Cool Grey, Lt. brown, and Nectar--the mid tones, which I favor because I'm pretty fair. For this reason, I prefer the Pro II to the Pro I, because Pro I's darker shades seem less daytime appropriate given my coloring.

The mix of light, medium, and dark tones, mattes and shimmers would make this a great palette for travel, although the cardboard packaging isn't ideal for that purpose.

I've never understood complaints that LORAC shadows can blend into muddy tones. Maybe my looks are less complicated, or I tend to blend less. I tend to create basic 1-3 shade looks. A simple wash of color with virtually any of these shades is really lovely.

I know I am in the minority, but I do not care for this palette. The mattes do not blend well, and tend to muddy together in the process.

on 7/15/2014 12:46:00 PM

AHHHHHHHH (Heavenly music) This is my first shadows from Lorac. I passed on the 1st one because I have all the Naked pallets and I just didn't see the point to add 8 more shimmers to my collection and I had several Mac Mattes. But I decided to take the plunge with this one and Ladies, especially us mature Gals this is the most awesome pallet. If you want your life simplified with a couple of good pallets you will always reach for this is it. The colors are so creamy (including the shimmers) they blend beautifully. will work with other pallets or singles you already may have and have so many looks that can come from it and allow this pallet to stand on it's own. Perfect for travel because it's all in one place. Need I say more? Here is a list of the colors in this pallet:

Mattes:
Buff is a light, yellow-toned beige It had good color payoff, Love it as an under brow color

Light. Brown medium brown with warm undertones beautiful pigmentation, which applied evenly and smoothly. True color

Cool Gray is a cool-toned, gray-taupe

Nectar( My favorite) is a light-medium peach with warm, orange undertone it was blendable soft and oh so perfect as my transition shade

Plum is a dark, plummy purple warm undertones and a matte finish. Just a little bit dry but not horrible

Navy is a dark, but bright, navy blue . I have the Navy from the too faced summer pallet this one is much brighter, pigmented and soft. There is to me a lease the slightest hint of a shimmer. It's is part of the mattes.

Charcoal is a medium-dark gray with warm undertones

Black is a medium-dark black but it comes off more dark gray on me at least. I like that it isn't as dark as I have soooo many blacks in other pallets it's nice to have something a bit softer and not as harsh.

Shimmers:

Snow is a brightened white with a frosted, almost metallic, finish. it felt very soft and buttery and blended well. For me I would prefer to wear this on the lid or as a inner corner shade.

Beige is a light peach/beige great lid color for fair to light skin tones

Rose is a bright, metallic copper ROSEGOLD. Beautiful color payoff not chunky even though it is very shimmery. I put it right in the middle of my lid for a punch of sparkle.

Mocha is a dark brown with warm, reddish undertones very smooth great outter v or for a smokey eye with a different edge.

Chrome is a more taupey with warm undertones I like the color reminds me a little of Mac's Taupe but a bit more shimmery.

Silver is a light metallic silver . If you really liked UD's sliver in the Vice 2 pallet but found it just a little strong for mature skin this one will do it ladies. Great layer over your look to punch up a smokey eye or just add some shimmer to your day look so you can take it to a night look.

Jade is a jade green with some olive undertones another of my favorites. Perfect to use instead of black for the outer corner and give a little color to the eye. Little more shimmer for me than the others.

Cocoa is a rich, Red brown with medium shimmers. So pretty. If you are fair go easy on this one ladies or you may look like you've given yourself a black eye. Definitely an outer crease shade

I'm so glad this will be a permanent pallet and I hope they put a few of these out in Singles (nectar/jade) cause those shades I'm pretty sure will hit pan before I need a new pallet

TWO BIG THUMBS UP