LORAC Pro Palette 2

Filtered by age: 36-43
LORAC Pro Palette 2
Pro Palette 2Pro Palette 2Pro Palette 2Pro Palette 2

4.9

Talc, Mica, Zinc Stearate, Boron Nitride, Silica, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Mineral Oil, Kaolin, Methicone, Lauroyl Lysine, Althaea Officinalis Root Extract, Carum Petroselinum (Parsley) Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Centaurea Cyanus Flower Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Extract, Water (Aqua), Propylene Glycol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Carmine (CI 75470), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090:2), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI 77510). *Contains Carmine as a Color Additive.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a fantastic mix of colors for the price, and Lorac's powder formulas are outstanding.

I will say that as a low-maintenance person who struggles to get out the door in the morning, the matte colors for crease and liner can be a bit intimidating and because the pigment is so dense, it's easy to apply not-so-precisely when you're not paying enough attention. However, this can easily be fixed by blending out and adding more color (I do this frequently when trying to apply the darker colors as eyeliner).

After buying the Urban Decay Naked palette I wanted to branch out from neutrals just a bit, but not too much. Being in my 30's, I don't go to clubs or out to crazy bars nearly as much as I used to, so there's no need for all the glittery craziness. Navy, Plum, Jade, and Cocoa are my favorite colors in this palette because they are are rich, true tones that add just a bit of statement to a polished look without being overdone.

Voila, instant sophisticate.

I love this palette. This was my first high end eyeshadow palette and it is amazing. There are so many looks that you can achieve, both warm and cool. The quality is well worth the price tag. I have since purchased several new palettes from other mid/high brands and although I love them and use them, none compare to the Pro 2.

on 7/20/2015 11:37:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

May I profess my love for this palette? So few eyeshadow palettes are made for us cool toned girls! Everyone wants nude conservative palettes...I get it but us cool toned ladies rock color like nobody's business! In the Lorac 2 there is a color for every eye look I want to accomplish except for the pinky nude/mauve look. And of course, I have enough shadow for that..no worries here. Also, gosh dang it the shimmers are perfect! Very classy.

A tip: these colors are so strongly pigmented there is NO need for a sticky intense primer like a glitter glue primer. Made that mistake yesterday because I wanted my navy to pop and they didn't work together well. Also, don't throw tomatoes at me but the Lorac primer that comes with the palette is junk. I wore it two days in a row and got eyelid pimples?...what the heck? Eyelid pimples? I will stick with my WetnWild Fergie primer...

on 1/26/2015 12:06:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Love this palette. I was torn between 1 & 2 but after buying #2 I'm def going back for #1 when I have the $$. I've been looking for a replacement since UD changed up their formula, I'm allergic to it now. This totally fits the bill and I don't have to use primer! I'm really loving this brand lately.

on 10/31/2014 5:00:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I never owned anything from Lorac until this. This is gorgeous and so much pigment I am shocked I missed out so long. Cool toned shadows with dark and deep shadows such as navy to complete a lot of looks.

Half this palette is matte and the other half is satin, which I love. You can get natural or smokey with this one palette. Great quality and the shadows didn't need a primer on me, but using one is always better.

Buttery smooth and blended without even trying.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

This is a fantastic palette. The color payoff is fantastic. The shades glide on and blend perfectly. They last all day. The colors are very flattering on tan skintones. I'm very happy I purchased this.

on 8/16/2014 12:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

One of the best palettes I own!!! Gorgeous colors, excellent pigmentation and color pay-off. Shadows are buttery soft with little to no fallout. The shadows feel so velvety on my lids. Best formulation of shadows, hands down!

on 7/23/2014 10:54:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Do you have neutral or olive skin? Do you find that like Goldilocks, you need things to be neither too warm, nor too cool? If that is the case, run, do not walk, to the eyeshadow equivalent of a perfect bowl of porridge.

THE COLORS:
Many review of this palette claim that it is cool toned. I respectfully disagree & think the gray packaging tricks the eye a bit. To me, this palette is very neutral in the sense of neither too cool or warm. There are pops of both - the jade and nectar, the blue and silver - but for the most part - you are getting a great "neutral" selection that looks amazing on beige, olive or darker neutral skin. The colors - blue, plum, etc - also tend to be jewel tones, which also work well with neutral skin tones - especially those with dark hair and eyes as well.

THE FORMULA:
The shimmers are perfect in this palette. The texture is lovely, there are not glitter bombs, there is very little fall out, and it looks very flattering on the eye. My heart has been broken by gorgeous shades with glitter fall out -- looking at you Champagne - from the first Pro palette and you Sidecar - from UD Naked 1. My heart swells and remains intact when using this.
The mattes are great too. Lovely texture and color payoff. Buff could be a tad more pigmented, but it still works as a wash or highlight. Light brown and cool gray (BTW not a cool gray but a warm gray) are lovely in the crease. Nectar is nice to warm up an eye look. Finally the darker colors look great on lid or dampened and used as liner.
Both types blend very well without becoming muddy.

THE PRIMER:
This is a great primer and runs neck and neck with the Wet n Wild Fergie primer. I think it kicks UD and Nars' primer to the curb. A little goes a long way, and I still have primer left from the sample in my first Lorac palette.

THE PACKAGING:
Like the original, cardboard and very sleek. Enjoy the gray as it shows smudges less. Both have traveled well for me.

THE VERDICT:
For me, this is a slam dunk and love at first swipe. I have tried and returned Naked 3 (too much glitter and not enough variety to create various looks) and the It Cosmetics Naturally Pretty Palette (meh). I swatched Too Faced Chocolate Bar, and felt the colors and texture with inferior to this. Its been a while since I fell hard for new shadows, but net/net the two Lorac Pro Palettes are my HG. Those two will cover a ton of looks and don't overlap - barring black. The only other shadows that make my cut - in order of preference are - Naked Basics, various wet n wild shadows (why does the brand not make Nude Awakening 8 pan permanent?!?!?), Naked 1 and Naked 2. Bottom line - worth the money for this olive/neutral toned woman.

on 7/18/2014 12:26:00 AM

i am so pleased with this palette. i used to have the first pro palette but because of my skin tone, the 6 lightest shades(white, cream, lt pink, nude, champagne and lt bronze show up as highlighters on me and the dark shades look similar too. the pro 2 however just the 3 lightest shades are my highlighters, lt brown, nectar, rose, mocha, chrome and silver can work as all over and transition colors, while the rest, cool gray, plum, navy, charcoal, black, jade and cocoa can be outer v or liner shades. to me, this is a much better value compared to the pro 1. i am an nc30 with neutral yellow base color and although this is a cooler palette than the pro 1, its actually quite neutral if you take away the jewel tone shades, plum and navy. to me, neutrals don't necessarily mean all browns. i love that i can either do a neutral brown look or a neutral gray. the silver is not too stark esp when paired with cool gray or chrome. i was also surprised that the navy was quite wearable. i normally avoid blues because it can either make my eyes look bruised or the blue just turns into black or dark grey. it showed up true to color and very wearable. i find that none of the shimmer shadows to be too shimmery or metallic, its pretty subtle. you do have to be careful when getting the shadows on your brush. these are very soft and can kick up a lot of powder even just by patting but i didn't have a lot of fall out when applying them on my lid. but it does pick up a lot of color so if you use the darker shades for the outer v, be very careful. either tap off the excess or run your brush behind your hand before applying it straight on to your lids because once you get a bunch of color on, they are so pigmented it'll take a while blending it out. if i ever run out or lose this palette, i would definitely repurchase. i think this is way better than the naked palettes because of the color options.