LORAC Pro Palette 2

Filtered by age: 30-35
LORAC Pro Palette 2
Pro Palette 2Pro Palette 2Pro Palette 2Pro Palette 2

4.4

Talc, Mica, Zinc Stearate, Boron Nitride, Silica, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Mineral Oil, Kaolin, Methicone, Lauroyl Lysine, Althaea Officinalis Root Extract, Carum Petroselinum (Parsley) Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Centaurea Cyanus Flower Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Extract, Water (Aqua), Propylene Glycol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Carmine (CI 75470), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090:2), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI 77510). *Contains Carmine as a Color Additive.

on 1/31/2016 11:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

I saw a lot of rave reviews on this and the swatches online looked REALLY good and the color selection looked very interesting so I finally decided to get it, thinking that I couldn't possibly go wrong with it
It is true that the pigmentation of these shadows is off the charts but other than that I don;t think they are executed well at all. The dark colors are really difficult to handle. They all have a ton of fallout. The shimmers have this strange formulation where when you swatch them, the base color and the shimmer particles separate easily. The mattes when put on the lid look chalky and emphasize lines and look dry and chalky and not smooth and velvety.
Anyway I saw a video where they used the shadows wet as a liner so I will try that so I can get some use out of these but otherwise I am very disappointed in this palette

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Lorac eyeshadows are the best. Highly pigmented, easy to blend, they live up to the hype.

I keep hearing/reading people refer to this as the "cool" palette - WRONG. The bulk of this palette contains warm tones, with the rest more neutral/cool. Even the traditionally cool colors like gray have a very warm undertone in this palette. Many of the shades have a yellow undertone.

For me, this palette was a miss. Although the quality of the shadows is exceptional, the colors were a bit of a miss for me. I have very cool toned skin, and many of these shades were much too warm for me. The Nectar/Rose/Mocha colors are stunning in the pan, but looked odd on me - sadly they just pulled very yellow.

I gave the palette to my little sister, who has warm toned skin. Stunning - the colors are fantastic on her.
I still give it a 5 star - only because it is now HG palette for my sister.

on 8/8/2015 11:15:00 AM

I am a huge fan of the Naked Palettes, but I have barely reached for them since buying this. It is my favorite travel palette because you can get such a wide variety of use. It has mattes that look very different on the eye, warm and cool tones, and even some jewel tones. Ironically, this is known as the cooler pro palette, but my favorite look actually incorporates the warmer colors. Buff all over into the brow, rose on the moveable lid, nectar in the crease, mocha on the outer lid, and cocoa to line softly. The cooler colors are also wearable to me, even silver which is a color that tends to be too stark on me. Snow is my least used color, but I expected that going in.

It also blends like a dream. I am usually scared of darker colors in my crease because I have very small lid space and it can look awful on me but the shadows here take literally a few swipes of a brush to blend. It can be easy to overblend so watch out for that. There is a bit of fallout but it wipes away easily. The shimmery coolers are more on the shimmer/metallic side than the glitter side, which I like because it it is more appropriate for work. The packaging is slim which I like. I have not travelled on a plane with it yet, but hopefully the packaging can withstand it.

Anyway, this palette is amazing. Bottom line, I have barely touched my extensive collection since purchasing. It is just so wearable and versatile. I am on a nobuy at the moment, but I plan to get the Pro Palette when I am done. LORAC has converted me.

This is the only palette I own that I have actually "hit pan" on. I am fair skinned with cool - neutral undertones. All of the shades are creamy, blend with ease, and there are a lot of ways to make flattering combinations. This is my go-to for work because I am in a professional setting and I can easily put something classy yet dynamic together. I often choose not to use an eyeshadow primer with my eyeshadow because most of the primers I have tried make my shadow blotchy or can be difficult to blend. This was my experience with the mini primer included. So my one complaint with the shadows is that they start fading about four hours into the day. By the end of the work day they still look flattering, but it is noticable that they are not as "vibrant and fresh" as early on. I understand some might read this and say "yeah because you don't have primer on, bozo" and that's a fair argument but if you are like me and choose to forgo primer this may be your experience. Otherwise lovely palette and great value.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Between this and my pro1 I mostly reach for my pro1. These colors are more on the cool tone. I feel like I only swatched and use some but there's not dent in my usage on this. although the quality is nice and pigmented I just like the pro1 more. I may sell mine.

on 3/6/2015 2:07:00 AM

I really did not want to like this palette. In fact, I had hoped it would be terrible so I could talk myself out of buying it. When I swatched it at Kohl's I wanted to cry, because this palette was even better in person than I thought it would be. I wasn't sure at first, because so many beauty gurus on YouTube had lamented that they didn't love it as much as the original Pro Palette. Oh my Lord, these shadows are amazing! Just like the original there are 16 shades. The 8 on the top row all 100% matte and the 8 on the bottom row are shimmers. One thing I love about this palette is that Lorac was thoughtful and included some nice gray shades, including a matte which is really hard to come by in a high-end palette. Let's go over the shades:

Top Row (all mattes)
Buff - a soft cream shade
Lt. (light) Brown - a perfect brown transition shade. Slightly lighter than UD's Buck.
Cool Gray - a light taupey gray shade.
Nectar - similar to Freestyle in the UD Smoked palette, but peachier.
Plum - a rich purple
Navy - the showstopper in the palette. A super rich, intense royal navy blue.
Chacoal - a medium-dark true gray
Black-the only repeat from the original Pro Palette. Not an intense black. More of a deep charcoal/smoky shade

Bottom Row (all shimmers)
Snow - a super bright white
Beige - a bright champagne light gold shade
Ros - a gorgeous, highly shimmery rose gold. Heavier on the gold side. Similar to Marzipan from the Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette, but less pink.
Mocha - a rich coppery brown
Chrome - a taupe silvery mushroom shade
Silver - highly shimmery true silver
Jade - a beautiful golden green
Cocoa - a dark shimmery reddish cocoa brown

Pros and Cons:

Pros:
~Highly pigmented. Some shades come across darker on the lid than they look in the pan, so you need just a light hand with these.
~The mattes are all velvety smooth.
~The shade range is impressive. There is no shortage of inspiring colors and they all work together harmoniously.
~The packaging is sleek.
~The eyeshadow primer sample is fantastic.

Cons:
~This isn't so much of a con as it is a warning. Snow is stark white, so use it sparingly. I found out the hard way that too much along the browline to highlight makes it look like your brows are being lit from underneath.
~The shades Plum, Navy, and Jade are harder to blend than the other shades. Apply with a light hand, blend forever, and then add more if you need to build up intensity.
~The packaging gets very messy. These shadows are very soft and some are on the more powdery side and kick up a bit of product when you dip your brush into them. The "grippy" cardboard packaging picks up every last speck of shadow dust and it just looks like a hot mess.

on 1/16/2015 4:00:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I love this palette! The colors are versatile, the shadows are really nice quality, and a great selection of colors. I reach for this palette the most for sure. I don't actually feel that it's cooler overall than Pro 1. It does have some cooler colors, but a lot of nice warm ones too. I actually often use both palettes together. The shadows are pigmented, blend well, last well (especially with the stellar lorac primer that comes with the palette.). LOVE that there are both mattes and satin/shimmer colors. And no glitter. I finally felt like I was really on my eyeshadow game once I got this palette. Highly recommend!

on 12/23/2014 12:23:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I was a little late to jump on the Lorac bandwagon. I am now the biggest fan. The Lorac Pro 2 is nothing less than amazing. The quality of the shadows is off the charts. They are very very soft shadows so you will go through them MUCH quicker than Urban Decay for sure. I love that you get 8 Matte and 8 Shimmer. UD is a little stingy on the mattes. Great transition colors in this palette: lt brown, cool gray, nectar and plum are out of sight. I like using Nectar in the crease with Rose all over. Endless combinations of amazing shades.

I do always choose to use my eyeshadows with a primer and these suckers last ALL day. The only shade I dislike is silver and that is really a personal issue that I think silver looks awful on my skin tone. Chrome is also a beautiful all over color. I recently brought this palette to Thanksgiving and used it on my whole family ranging from pale as can be to deep asian coloring. All of the girls looked great in this.

The packaging is so so. You will definitely see fingerprints and it will always look dirty. To me the performance of this show stopper beats any packaging issues.

If you happen to be on the fence about this one, I say go for it. The price is awesome and the shades are fantastic quality. A real winner!!

I'm really excited about this palette. I just got it after seeing a labor day 20% off coupon and having had my eye on it for about a month. At first I thought a lot of these colors in the first half of the palette look just like a lot of my MAC colors. But that is ok. They are the colors I use the most.

What's most impressive about this is the shadows. Keep in mind I am a person who hated the Naked Palettes. I think they're overrated and messy. The colors aren't exactly original or unique but the quality is amazing. They have great color payoff, great staying power, they aren't dusty at all and are easy to work with. I have too many eyeshadows as a makeup junkie, but this palette stands out. If someone literally needed one palette, I would say get this one, or maybe the original (I haven't tried it yet I prefer cooler tones), and a normal non makeup junkie would be set and happy with an amazing quality product.

on 8/25/2014 9:49:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Holy smokes.
This was my first foray into higher-end eyeshadow palettes and let me tell you - I am hooked.
I picked this up because I loved how there was an even number of matte and shimmer shades. I feel this lends a great deal of diversity to the looks that can be created with this palette. The mattes range from light neutrals to intense pops of color to smoky, cool grays (one of which has an incredible taupe hue and I'm obsessed with it).
The shimmer shades offer up perfect highlighters and intense, smoky, jewel-like shades, which are great for dramatic looks.
My favorites from the bunch are Cool Gray (taupe gray), Ros (rose gold shimmer), Chrome (cool shimmering taupe gray), and Jade (shimmering jade green).
The texture of these shadows is smooth, buttery, and holy Moses are they pigmented! They blend like a dream. I feel like I've turned into a makeup artist overnight with this palette!
The packaging is sleek and attractive, boasting a matte gray finish and pronounced silver lettering. It feels sturdy and well-made.
The price isn't too bad. $42 for a pretty vast selection of looks. However, each shadow is quite small. I would like to see them release full-size singles of my favorite shades from the palette, but I'm not sure if they do that.
The primer that comes with the palette is pretty good. It creates a great base for the shadows, but doesn't last as long as my WnW Fergie eyeshadow primer.
I will definitely repurchase, and perhaps explore the first Pro palette moving forward. This was a great investment!