LUSH soak 'n' float shampoo bar

LUSH soak 'n' float shampoo bar
soak 'n' float shampoo bar

3.6

* Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, * Water (Aqua), * Cade Oil (Juniperus oxycedrus), * Lavender Oil (Lavandula hybrida), * Marigold Petals (Calendula officinalis), * Rose Petals (Rosa centifolia), * *Limonene, * *Linalool, * Perfume.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

So I have been suffering with flaky scalp for nearly a year and I recently tried salt on my scalp which actually really helped and helped a lot with the problem. However I decided to buy this as it was raved about and I thought it would still benefit me despite my issue seeming to have reduced quite a lot a few days before. After washing this out my hair it felt like chewing gum? It is a bizarre feeling and I have heard others say this before because of some of the ingredients in it however it was highly recommended by most people still so I kind of let it slide even though it can't be that great for your hair/head if your hair ends up like that. After conditioning it was okay but I noticed out of nowhere that my flaky scalp had come back just like before and this was the only thing that I had changed in my hair routine. I tried it 2 more times after this just to check and see if it would perhaps get worse before it got better but nothing changed. My scalp has been itchy ever since and I have gone back to my other hair routine which is reducing the flakiness situation but still not overall gone yet. Hopefully I will find a long term product solution for my scalp issues.

I have given this 2 stars instead of 1 because it has no plastic packaging which is another reason I was attracted to this product and I was also told this will give you a lot more uses than their bottled shampoo.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I have mixed feelings about this one. During the summer, I break out in eczema on my scalp. It's flaky, itchy, painful at times, and all-around gross. In order to keep my scalp clear, I have to wash my hair nightly--which soothes my scalp, but wreaks havoc on my hair. As Lush markets this shampoo bar as scalp-soothing and non-irritating, I bought it to use in between washes with T-Gel and Nizoral, which turn my hair into hay.

The positives: This is a very gentle formulation that nourished my hair and didn't irritate my scalp. While T-Gel and Nizoral leave my hair a static bomb, this shampoo bar left it soft and smooth. And the scent! I do think this bar is scented on the heavier side. However, I enjoyed the smell, which is quite distinctive. Other reviewers captured it pretty well: warm, woody, earthy, etc. My descriptor of choice: Hippie incense. A lot of stores in my downtown area sell incense sticks, so when you walk down the street, all you smell is this generic blend of incense, potpourri, and essential oils. That's what Soak and Float smells like: downtown Salem, MA. I dig it. The scent does linger in your hair, which you may or may not like. I enjoyed it, as I don't use many scented products. But the smell is noticeable, so you may want to use caution if you usually wear fragrance or anything like that.

The main con: While Soak and Float does clean your hair, it didn't keep my hair clean for long. I found I really couldn't go more than one day between washes while using this; I'd wash my hair at night, and my hair would be greasy and stringy by the next night. This wasn't too big an issue for me personally, as I was just using it to give my hair some relief in between using much harsher shampoos. But if you're thinking of using exclusively this to wash your hair, I honestly don't know how much success you'll have. I can see this leaving a lot of buildup in your hair very quickly.

Overall, I found this shampoo bar does basically what it says it does: Cleans your scalp without irritating it. The scent may or may not be a turn-off, depending on what you like. But you may end up going through it quickly, as you'll need to wash your hair frequently to keep it clean.

Soak and Float me any day, baby! I love this shampoo!!!! I didnt think I’d like the bits in it but I LOVE it! Such a woody, warm smell with a comforting-type of scent. Makes you feel warm and fluffaaaay. Calms down the scalp and man, I just love this thing.

on 3/3/2017 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I have seborrheic dermatitis on my scalp and after watching positive YT videos and reading reviews on the web, I decided to try it out for 3 weeks. I only applied this on my scalp and didn't dare use this on the lengths of my hair or else the harsh sulfates in this would fade the cool tones in my balayage that I pay so much to maintain. I hated how immediately after rinsing my scalp would feel rubbery like a glove and stuck to my scalp and dry as a desert once dry. My scalp became much more itchier and became more oily quickly, leading me to having to wash my hair more often. I would advise caution if you have a similar condition to me, I'm glad Lush has a great return policy.

on 2/7/2017 3:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I absolutely loved the scent of this, and really wanted to love the shampoo. Unfortunately, like with all bar shampoos by Lush, I found this drying and it didn't seem to do much for the build up I was noticing on my scalp (which I assumed was dandruff at the time, now I know better). I tried this because my boyfriend at the time had bought a bar and I used it as well for about 2 weeks. He loved it, but it did nothing good for me.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My scalp has been flakey and I couldn't figure out why. Started using this and my scalp is back to normal. Hair is soft and shiny. Can't wait to try more shampoo bars!!

I have had a dry scalp since i can remember. In summer it's just dry but come winter it also starts to itch. My quest to find a solution has spanned Head & Shoulders, Kerastase, Philip Kingsley, Paul Mitchell and countless others, from drugstore shelves to high street counters. Nothing ever worked , although some certainly worked better than others.

Lush's Soak'n'Float is a game changer. It's a shampoo bar, meaning you rub it between your hands the way you do any soap, then apply to scalp. It's floral with an earthy undertone thanks to rose and marigold petals, but the scent does not linger on hair. What does linger is a clean feeling, itch and flake free. Unlike bottles of liquid shampoo, this one lasts 3 times longer and doesn't take up much space at all. I pair with (Lush) Big conditioner and my hair's finally healthy. At £5.95 i encourage anyone with a scalp problem to give this a shot as they may just come out as surprisingly satisfied as i did.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

This soap is great for my itchy scalp/dandruff. It lathers well and the next day, I have no flaking/itching problems. Some weeks, Head & Shoulders just isn't enough and I bust out this little guy to get the job done. After one use, my hair is squeaky clean.
There's one major con about this soap: the stank. It's going to fill up your entire bathroom with an oder I can't quite place. It's woodsy but in an unpleasant way... like a stale, old withered christmas tree. Instead of recycling the empty LUSH tubs at LUSH, I think I'm going to use one of them to hold this guy in. Reusing and recycling is the same thing, right?

on 9/26/2015 11:15:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Yet another shampoo bar that I love. My scalp gets oily and itchy easily but I actually dont have a lot of flakes. My boyfriend has a very dry scalp with lots of flakes but no itch. I picked up this shampoo bar to try out in hopes to solve both our problems, which it did!

Lots of reviews say this smells like a campfire but recently the formula has been changed and I currently have the "new formula" version. I never tried the older one but the new one does have a smokey sort of tar like smell, it also smells very floral and rosy, I think it's smell good that can men can appreciate as well.

It lathers up easily and it's a bit creamy too. I try to really concentrate on my scalp and massage it in. It rinses out normally and gently cleans my hair without stripping. My itch is much more tame and and my boyfriends scalp is looking my better with less flakes everywhere(which was kind of gross before). My hair is left in healthy condition. I really like this shampoo bar and I would use it even if I didnt have scalp issues!

on 7/6/2015 5:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Other, Other, Coarse

This is the answer to dandruff/sore itchy scalp. Soak and Float has really helped in that regard and I have never looked back. I make sure to always have some on hand. It does smell funky but the smokey smell has grown on me now.

Popular Shampoos