Sulwhasoo Evenfair Perfecting Cushion SPF 50/PA

Sulwhasoo Evenfair Perfecting Cushion SPF 50/PA
Evenfair Perfecting Cushion SPF 50/PA   Evenfair Perfecting Cushion SPF 50/PA   Evenfair Perfecting Cushion SPF 50/PA   Korean BB cushions

3.9

WATER, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, ZINC OXIDE (CI 77947), ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, CYCLOHEXASILOXANE, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, BUTYLENE GLYCOL DICAPRYLATE/DICAPRATE, ARBUTIN, LAURYL PEG-9 POLYDIMETHYLSILOXYETHYL DIMETHICONE, ACRYLATES/ETHYLHEXYL ACRYLATE/DIMETHICONE METHACRYLATE COPOLYMER, POLYHYDROXYSTEARIC ACID, SODIUM CHLORIDE, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, POLYPROPYLSILSESQUIOXANE, STEARIC ACID, PHENOXYETHANOL, TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE, GLYCERIN, LECITHIN, ISOSTEARIC ACID, ISOPROPYL PALMITATE, ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, POLYSORBATE 80, POLYGLYCERYL-3 POLYRICINOLEATE, POLYGONATUM OFFICINALE RHIZOME/ROOT EXTRACT, REHMANNIA GLUTINOSA ROOT EXTRACT, LILIUM TIGRINUM FLOWER/LEAF/STEM EXTRACT, PAEONIA ALBIFLORA ROOT EXTRACT, NELUMBO NUCIFERA SEED EXTRACT, HYDROGENATED LECITHIN, METHYL METHACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, ACRYLATES/STEARYL ACRYLATE/DIMETHICONE METHACRYLATE COPOLYMER, POLYMETHYLSILSESQUIOXANE, MICA (CI 77019), SILICA, ALCOHOL, SQUALANE, DIMETHICONE, DISODIUM EDTA, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, ADENOSINE, HONEY, DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, SODIUM HYALURONATE, PINUS KORAIENSIS SEED OIL, SESAMUM INDICUM (SESAME) SEED OIL, PRUNUS PERSICA (PEACH) FLOWER EXTRACT, CAMELLIA JAPONICA SEED OIL, PRUNUS ARMENIACA (APRICOT) KERNEL OIL, ALUMINA, PRUNUS PERSICA (PEACH) KERNEL EXTRACT, PRUNUS ARMENIACA (APRICOT) KERNEL EXTRACT, PRUNUS MUME FRUIT EXTRACT, HONEY EXTRACT, NELUMBO NUCIFERA GERM EXTRACT, IRON OXIDES (CI 77491), IRON OXIDES (CI 77492), IRON OXIDES (CI 77499), FRAGRANCE

on 9/30/2017 2:45:00 AM

I debated over which cushion I should splash my hard-earned money for (Sulwhasoo vs. Hera),
and chose this one because it seemed to have a considerable fanhood in Korea, and I assumed it
must be better than Hera, which is Sulwhasoo's little sister brand.

Well...I'm sort of bummed mostly because I chose the wrong color. I usually wear #21 (light-medium beige), which is like a universal no-can-fail standard shade for most East Asian skins (Korea/China/Japan mostly). But man, it didn't say "21 pink" for nothing. This thing is very pink and ashy. You should use a very light hand or the ashiness becomes to noticeable, and it makes you look like you have tons of foundation on even when you really don't. It gives light to medium coverage, and gives a glowy look, which is nice but dangerous for me - due to my big pores. This kind of luminous pink base just accentuates the pores, making them look as large as they really are.

I'm trying it out with pore primers and they definitely help, but ladies with largish pores beware.

I guess I should've gotten one shade darker (#23 beige) but alas. I think I'll gift this to my
mom and try out the Hera black cushion, since I'm reading now (belatedly) that it's more matte (need to pair with some oil in your base they say) and forgiving on pores.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Really into this cushion even though I'm not its target audience (who are older working women apparently?) I have combination skin and a pretty oily t-zone, but I think this works for me and can last pretty decently - about 8-10 hours. I typically apply with a makeup base before hand (I use Sulwhasoo's makeup balancer in 01 Light Pink), pat it on with the applicator it came with, then 'buff' it out with my beauty blender for a natural, "no makeup" look. Have tried both shade 21 (Medium Pink) and 23 (Medium Beige) and think they're both ok if you have a light-medium skin tone and prefer a sheer to semi-medium coverage. That said, I find 21 a little too light (easily remedied with some light contour though) and much prefer 23. PS: This is definitely not a cushion with a matte finish. There is a slight, but not oily sheen - which I don't mind. Sadly, is hella expensive but the 2017 limited edition case it came in is super cute!!

on 3/24/2017 5:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I tried to use this product and i REGRET to buy this. it's expensive and it's not working for me because it makes my skin itchy,red and break out. I only used this product one time but it make my face so badly.
and unfortunately i cant not give it back to the Sulwhasoo store (NOT REFUND). i wasted my money 400HKDS
for this product I will not recommend this product to my friends.

Now I tried this bb cream in a sample jar, and holy moly it works wonders! I put on moisturizer before applying the BB cream on my skin using my silisponge. The finish I got was matte, and a little dry but I like the dry feeling. My face did not get oily at all, and I wore it for about 4 hours.

Surprisingly the shade 23 Medium Beige was a very good match to my skin, which is fair-light with warm undertones. I always thought the name medium beige will be darker than my skin, but it is not! Oh and the cream in the sample jar looks darker than when it is applied to your skin too.

I can't be a good judge for the packaging but I believe, like other cushion makeup, it's got great packaging. It is a little expensive, but I'd say it's worth the splurge.

on 1/15/2017 11:29:00 AM

My main concern was just to even out my skin tone, for my skin not to be too oily or flaky and for it to not clog my pores.

Pros:
1) A little will go a long way!! It lasted me for a good 7++ before I had to open my refill, and I use it almost Everyday!

2) It has High coverage if you need to cover a pimple scar or whatsoever, this will do!

3) I find that it does not clog my pores among all the bb cushion i've tried and it doesn't not break my skin out.

4) The finish is perfect! Not too sticky and too dewy, a perfect natural glow and when my skin feels abit dry I will not set it with powder

5) The packaging!!! It is so sturdy compare to Chanel and Dior cases!! And I don't have to spend money to buy the case again cause it's still good and I just have to buy the refill!

6) I love the smell of it!!

Cons:

1) It is a little expensive
2) Not very suitable for people with oily skin
3) The TOP of the sponge applicator that comes with it got all flaky after awhile and when I opened my refill and started using the new one it happens after awhile again and they do not sell the sponge by itself.

Ps:// I've tried brand like Chanel, Kosé, Laneige, Inisfree, étude house, bourjois healthy mix foundation and many more. (Bourjois healthy mix foundation worked like a magic for awhile but it started to break me out so badly I was so scared to put anything on my face for awhile.)

on 7/19/2017 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I use it in past few months. My skin is combination, sometimes dry and rough, but in some area (t-zone) easy to oily. This cushion is lovely to me because I rarely could wear any foundation or BB cream because they're thick, will cakey or hard to blend on me (variative depend on each product). But Sulwhasoo cushion is blended very well, doesn't clog pores, glowing and my skin feels so chewy & fresh (maybe hydrating effect). But if you like matte finish you must set it with powder.

It last just 4 hours on me. It'll gone, not at all but I need to retouch it. Especially when I have to wash my face (for wudhu).

In my medium skin & yellow undertone, shade number #23 is great. My friend with much fairer skin & yellow undertone still perfect with this shade.

+++++ Herbal ingredient which is healthier
+++++ Easy to apply
+++++ Blended very good
++++ Hydrating
++++ Dewy finish (i'd rather matte, but this glowing just still great)
++++ Medium coverage

- Expensive
- Herbal scent
- It doesn't last long enough for me

I will still wear & repurchase this cushion until I find the better one.
This is my holygrail right now hahahaha :D

Favourite bbcushion so far!

on 4/20/2016 5:20:00 AM

I got this after many members on the makeup board here recommended it as having the most yellow warm shades (because BB creams and cushions tend to be beige-y). After trying various shades, I settled on 23, which blends quite well into my NC20 warm Asian skin.

The finish immediately after application was very natural with good coverage yet required very little effort. It was awesome! A dream come true! I bought it on the spot after the SA applied some to one cheek.

However, there are a couple of downsides:
1. High coverage and heavy look if not careful:
This stuff applies quickly and has a natural dewy finish, but it actually has a lot of coverage so you can apply too much if not careful. Anything more than two quick dabs on the cushion for the whole face results in a mask like look.

2. Doesn't work well with powder
Like another reviewer mentioned, it also tends to cake easily if you powder on top, so you either have to be super careful to only apply the tiniest layer all over before your powder or you go without powdering.

3. Terrible Lasting Power on Imperfect Skin
After 3 hours any flake on my skin that I thought I had controlled with exfoliation and moisturizer started showing up and looks worse than it would have been if I didn't wear any makeup at all. I have combo skin, so where I am not dry I am oily, and after 3 hours it also starts to get a bit patchy along my T-zone. At this point I cannot powder over it or apply cushion over it, I would have to remove it, moisturize, and then reapply the cushion for it look okay. HOWEVER, these longevity problems only seem to happen when my skin is not in great condition, like if I am breaking out, flaking, TOTM extra oily etc. But then again, if I can't cover my face when I need the extra help what is the point?

Conclusion:
If you tend to have normal skin, with discolorations but no major textural issues, this would be a good quick base for you. The finish is dewy natural, so much so it's easy to forget how much you are applying. If you flake a lot, get far far away.

on 6/2/2016 1:12:00 PM

i have read so many reviews about this one, it is said to be the best coverage and longer lasting cushion on the market. since wearing cushion never last longer than 4 hours on my oily skin, i really hope this one works on me. The yellow range color fit me better than any other cushion, it looks really natural. The less is better with this one, i have once applied it too much and it looks really cakey and looked like im wearing a mask. the worse part is this one really emphasize my pores especially around my nose. i saw dots everywhere around it after i applied powder. i thought that i might applied it too much and after trying several times with more less product it still happen. if you have large pores pleaseeee avoid this one because it can't blended evenly. it will cake on every big pores you have and make it more obvious to see. i used ysl touch eclat blur primer underneath and it still happened. even the missha m magic cushion could hide all the pores i've had with a lot more cheaper price

Unlike other Korean cushion foundations that tend to give a dewy finish, the Sulwhasoo perfecting cushion foundation has a semi-matte finish with medium to high coverage.

The cushion foundation does an excellent job at covering up my acne scars and sun spots, without the need for concealer. Seeing as it is a semi-matte finish, I only apply translucent powder to the areas of my face that gets shiny throughout the day.

For in-depth review: https://crazybeautelife.wordpress.com/2016/12/20/sulwhasoo-perfecting-cushion-foundation/