Revlon Colorstay Gel Envy Longwear Nail Enamel

3.1

on 10/3/2017 11:40:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I TOTALLY understand the bad reviews. This formula is awful, thick, gloopy and difficult to work with. It took me starting my nails twice, removing it twice and going in for a third try.
BUT - If your expectations fit, and you have a little patience learning to apply it, it might be worth your time.

It's not a professional gel salon manicure in a bottle. But it is a thick, long wearing polish that for me lasted a few days longer than my typical manicures with OPI, Orly, Essie, etc. As long as I painted the free edge, I got 4-5 days without chips, normally I'd be lucky to get 2.

I bought this in Blackjack and got the diamond topcoat to go along with it. It dries to a plump, opaque, professional finish that looks really good. I actually found the drying time to be quite normal, faster than ORLY by far. I use 2-3 coats of polish, letting dry between each, and one thick coat of the diamond topcoat.
It stayed glossy basically the entire time.

**I added a pic (my hand wearing a black shirt) of Blackjack with a thin coat of Revlon Sultry over it. The another pic of just the Blackjack and Diamond topcoat on day 3 after manicure**

Blackjack is a beautiful, glossy black with the slightest hint of blue shimmer, like a galaxy. Love it so much.
If you've already bought this - don't give up 😂

One day I'll write a review on all the gel-like polishes I've tried, but for now, I'll start with my favourite. I love this product. I'm a nurse, so I wash my hands constantly, and use alcohol-based hand sanitizer even more than that. Normal polish lasts a shift, MAYBE two on me. This stuff I bought, thinking it would never last, and boom. Four shifts, no problem. I do have some minor wear on the tips after four shifts, and the top coat seems to be wearing off after four shifts, but a reapplication of the top coat fixes it all.

Again, I've tried the other drugstore gel-like polishes, and none last this long. My only complaint is the lack of colour selection. They DEFINITELY need more colours in the range, because I would buy just about all of them. As it is, I have 5 I think.

on 2/21/2017 10:27:00 PM

I've been dying to try these. Pricey! One day and already normal for ordinary Polish wear is showing what a fraudulent product.

on 9/18/2016 9:15:00 PM

This is for the top coat. Several problems- first and most damning is the fact that I had chips after less than 24 hours on my toes! I hadn't even put on shoes, sandals only. Seriously poor performance. Secondary problems were uneven application and a tendency to pick up color of the underlying nail enamel on the brush. The only plus is that it is shiny, but if you have chips who needs to call attention with high shine? For reference, I had Essie chinchilly as the color. Big disappointment.

on 9/15/2016 2:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have to say, I was SO excited about these polishes. When I got my first few colors, I put them on immediately and honestly loved them. I felt like they went on easily and that the promise of long-lasting wear held true. My nails stayed looking glossy and virtually chip or wear free for most of my work week. I was so pleased, I bought pretty much every color and for the past year or more, I've worn nothing but this polish (and the Sally Hansen version...but mostly this brand). Prior to using this polish on a regular basis, I had beautiful nails. They were strong and almost never flaked or broke. Since using this polish on a regular basis, my nails are trashed. I began noticing it within the first month or two, but convinced myself I had just been washing my hands with the wrong soap or I needed to get back on vitamins or something. But, I've changed what I can change and eliminated other options...the only thing consistent is this polish. I don't know if something in the formula is sucking all of the moisture and nutrients out of my nails or if I'm keeping polish on longer/more and that's the problem, but...I'm swearing it off indefinitely in the hopes of getting my beautiful nails back.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I loved the Revlon Colorstay Diamond Topcoat since it was released with the original Colorstay polishes, however when paired with the Gel Envy polish I had horrible results. I purchased this polish in the color Joker's Wild which is a beautiful orange sorbet color. However when I began to apply the polish it went all downhill from there. The polish is extremely runny and applied very streaky on the first coat and began to bubble before I applied the second coat. I allowed the polish to dry completely(15 mins) before I applied the second coat which again was just as troublesome as the first. It was still streaky and ran towards the sides of my nails. I applied a third thin coat(30 mind after the second) to try to remedy the very bad patchiness and cover up how bad the polish was bubbling. I then applied the topcoat which to my shock and disbelief had not dried a whole two hours later. I am by no means a beginner when it comes to polishing my nails, so I know pretty much all the tips and tricks to avoid all of the problems this polish gave me. I ended up removing the polish and redid my manicure with this product and encountered the same problems. All in all I wasted about 3 hours trying to get this polish to work plus the 9 dollars I spent buying a product I can't use or return. As of this moment both polishes are in the trash. I recommend just getting a decent regular polish and a quick dry topcoat for a beautiful long lasting mani. SAVE YOUR MONEY!!!

on 8/9/2016 1:27:00 AM

Oh my. Just purchased 2 polishes and the topcoat for Revlons new try at the gel fad. Unfortunately, this was a HUGE miss! We t on thin, as in SHEER, even after 2 coats. Applied the gel top sealer. Although completely sheer, I still had hopes since I did also purchase a darker, more opaque color. But... time from when nails were dry and the first chip? (And there are now 3...) - 4 Hours! 1, 2, 3, 4. That is horrible! Not worth the,time it took to polish them. Keep trying because this is extremely poor!!!

on 7/14/2016 3:11:00 PM

Terrible. This polish does not dry. I waited between coats and then again before applying the included top coat. Return this product and I'll try another brand

Firstly, I'm very impressed with this nail polish.
I own OPI, Essie, Chanel, Dior, l'oreal, Deborah Lippmann, Etc I could go on... But this is the only nail polish/ varnish I've tried that didn't chip for 5-6 days!

For those people who are interested in buying this polish, make sure you buy the proper top coat that goes with this collection. You need the revlon diamond colorstay gel envy top coat, or else your nail polish will just chip/ peel off with any old regular top coat.

Also, I always wash my hands, dry it well and spray a little drugstore isopropyl alcohol on my nail beds to ensure it clean and dry. Then I apply 2 thin layers of the nail polish and then the diamond top coat. Voila! It's practically dry within 15 minutes.
Tip: I apply a thin layer of the top coat every 3-4 days to prolong the colour of the varnish on my nails.

I've never had a nail polish last me this long and I work in a hospital where I wash my hands with harsh soaps 100+ times a day.

I truly recommend this product. I have the colours - well suited, perfect pair, check mate, full house, queen of hearts, get lucky, and love struck.

on 7/4/2016 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Used a $3 coupon to buy this for my 16 yo girly girl niece on her b-day.
She gave me a way dope 2 coat paint job. No top coat. Done in about a breath over 30 min.
Dries fast and hard. Color is "Sky's the limit". It's a fly blue green metallic with mysterious mother of pearl sheen.
Looks so fine with silver bracelets and turquoise rings.
Nails shine bright like jewels when wrapped around my man's 1969 Chevelle SS 396 steering wheel. Paint on this cherry ride is perfectly matched to nails. Cruised the strip for hours just lovin' on my nails, lovin' on my niece and lovin' on BF's street burner.
Got many compliments. Many of the thumbs up came from dudes in BF's car club.
This particular color was all over the 1960's. Especially on Chevy muscle.
On day 5 nails lookin' sweet but I haven't been diggin' up taters either.

Hey Gurlfriends, here I be day seven just crackin'. You dolls ain't gunna believe but my manicure applied lickity split by 16 yo HS babe is lookin' FRESH AS DAY ONE. Took 10x jeweler's loupe to and can see only some tiny scratches. No chippin'. Never had a nail formulation dry that quick and hard. Dead sure the diamond topcoat would be like adding clear coat to car. Got to way deepen metallic glow. With topcoat I suspect you go weeks 'til nail growth exposes naked nail near cuticle.
Frankly I got attention span of gnat and I would of already switched out color just to spice up my bum life.
But hey, Sisters I am road testing this fine paint for YOU jes to make yo life a tiny better.
So i say if you find that $3 coupon you get dead dope paint fo' $2
No coupon no worries. Now $5 but O.P.I. and Essie be $8 and up.
As yo' financial adviser I say place an all in market order to BUY Gel Envy from Revlon.
You will be SO HAPPY!
Now almost sunrise day 7 and I pleased to report that this paint is not much harder to get off that any other polish. I was afraid I'd have ta drag out media blaster and some wicked industrial solvents but no. So wakey wakey sisters God is smiling cuz he want all you babes to rise and just kill it out ther in tha Real World.! Peace and love. I out.