Paul Mitchell Baby Don't Cry Shampoo

No Image

4.4

Not tested on animals

Water/Eau Aqua, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cetyl Betaine, Polysorbate 20, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Bisamino Peg/Ppg-41/3 Aminoethyl Pg-propyl Dimethicone/Hedychium Coronarium (White Ginger) Extract/Peg-12 Dimethicone, Echinacea Angustifolia Extract, Bisabolol, Ganoderma Lucidum (Mushroom) Stem Extract, Trametes Versicolor (Mushroom) Extract, Stevia Rebaudiana Extract, Disodium Phosphate, Sodium Phosphate, Quaternium-15, Fragrance/Parfum, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Hydroxycitronellal.

I give this product a 5 out of 5. I used this for my own daughter until recently and still use the matching detangling spray now. This is a very gentle formula and definitely tear free. I have tested the pH and it is the same level as the eyes are naturally making it for sure tear free. Although this is just marketed as a shampoo, I used it for a head to toe wash for many years because it was such a gentle formula. My daughter has very sensitive skin and breaks out very easily and never once did this product cause breakouts or itching which is why I used it from head to toe. Healthy hair care is important even for our little humans. I recommend this to anyone with children paired with the matching detangling spray. Oh and I cannot forget to mention, this shampoo smells like heaven in a bottle. You will want to do nothing but smell your little one's hair it is that good! I no longer use this on my little one because we started color treating her hair and unfortunately this product is not color safe. I still love this product though. And if I offered children's services in the salon, I would carry this product for use on the minis. JPMS never tests on animals. And does so many wonderful things to help the world; from fundraising for charitable foundations to donating portions of profits from product sales to help rejuvenate the environment. I am proud to be a PMTS graduate, stand behind such a wonderful company, and be part of an amazing, supportive culture forever (as a PMTS alumnus)!

Excellent shampoo for kids. Soft and gentle on the hair and tears free.
Didn't work well for my hair though.

I rather like this shampoo. I have fine, long, naturally curly/wavy hair that's prone to frizz and dryness with the wrong shampoo and/or conditioner. It's fairly healthy with the exception of a few splits here and there at the tips, and this shampoo doesn't dry it out, leaves it with shine, and it doesn't weigh it down horribly, either. It lathers ok although not amazingly so (which doesn't bother me), it has a nice scent, and while it doesn't do anything special for my curls/waves it certainly doesn't kill them like some shampoos can. I must say I really adore the cute little drawing on the bottle, too!
Ingredients:

I love this shampoo for my five year old daughter. Her hair is long and straight with a tiny bit of wave. Every shampoo I tried for her hair made it stringy or staticky, including sulfate free shampoos. I picked this one as well as the detangler, and her hair looks gorgeous. I let it air dry and it is clean and bouncy. Thank you Paul Mitchell!

on 1/20/2009 2:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this for my 3 year old daughter. The very first time I used it, her hair was actually way lighter than it had ever been. I had been using the suave or loreal for kids and apparently neither of them were cleaning her hair good enough, probably leaving behind dirt and build up. Her hair is super soft, smells good and is super shiny. This shampoo is awesome. Plus you don't have to use a lot of it since it is so thick. I actually had to use 5 times the amount of Suave or Loreal that I do with the Paul mitchell. It may be more expensive but does a way better job and lasts way longer, so in the long run it is a better value.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I have used this shampoo on my 3 year old twins since they were born and I like this the most. I have used some other baby and kids' shampoos and this one makes their hair look the cleanest for the lonest and has a nice baby scent. I plan to buy this by the gallon online and use this on them until they're old enough to choose their own.

on 1/24/2007 3:26:00 PM

I bought this for my 3-yr old dd. It is the best shampoo for kids that we have tried. I tried the Circle of Friends shampoos, but they don't tend to hold their smell for long. This shampoo makes her hair shiny and clean smelling. She has stick-straight hair. Lathers and rinses well and she doesn't cry if it gets in her face.

This is a great overall gentle shampoo that takes me back to a simpler time (and no tears too!). I fell in love with the scent of this shampoo when I first came across it. It smells like your much remembered baby shampoos, but even better. I can't quite explain my attachment to this, but that it probably has a lot to do with the soft powdery scent and then the gentle quality for use on my color processed hair. Although it is not my most used shampoo, I can honestly say that it is a much loved favorite and should be a staple in every well-stocked bathroom.

on 12/21/2006 10:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

The scent is like a typical baby shampoo, but mild. This did not help the dandruff and I had an itchy scalp, once again. I thought that maybe this would help since it has a small list of ingredients. However, this does have a silicone and SLS. I think I'll try Neutrogena T-Sal Shampoo next.

on 2/16/2004 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I use this on my DD along with the light detangler. She has VERY fine, curly hair. It's the best shampoo I've found so far that doesn't leave her hair frizzy or hard to comb through. Her hair is left shiny and clean, and it smells heavenly!

Popular Shampoos