Ulta Super Shiny Lip Gloss

3.2

on 3/16/2016 8:00:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is a review for the Ulta Shiny SHEER lip glosses circa 2016. I picked these up for $3 each which about all they are worth. For the regular price of $9, I would pass. (But for $3? Who cares - I can even let my 11 year old pick out a few.)

I tried Sheer Fuschia (not scary to wear at all) and Sheer Mauve (very easy to ear - YLBB).

Lightly scented (candy/sweet vanilla) and lightly pigmented. SUper sheer. A bitt sticky. I much prefer other brands - but the glosses I love the most costs a hell of alot more than $3.

Good for playtime and makeup experimentation.

on 10/18/2015 9:19:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I picked this up as part of a buy 3 for $9 special. For $3, I think it's a good deal. I got the mauve because I didn't want a lot of color, the "MLBB" look (I'm fair and cool toned).

I love the vanilla smell that fades away as soon as it's applied. The gloss didn't feel overly sticky or thick; it felt moisturizing and was shiny. It didn't last real long, only about 1-2 hours.

I would prefer a wand applicator instead of the brush because the brush makes it difficult to apply evenly; I get small globs of lip gloss that I just smooth out with my fingertips.

To Read all 50 Reviews, Login or Join

on 2/22/2014 11:14:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

I was really excited about this until I tried it. Ulta products were on sale, BOGO, as they often are, so I picked this up in Whisper, hoping it would be a good neutral. There is an Ulta gloss that I like very much, but all of its info has worn off my tube, so I took a shot and hoped it was this. It's not. In the tube, this looks like a YLBB but with just a hint of sparkle. I've been using it for a little over a week and I'm thinking about tossing it. The smell (which in turn impacts the taste, at least for me) is cheap and chemical, like a fake almost fruity scent. The texture is sticky, which is fine; however, the color is so very sheer that it is really just providing shine - and shine it does. It is so shiny that it and/or the hint of color (which on me is redder than I was expecting - it is not red in the tube) make my lips look smaller than normal. I am also unimpressed with the tiny amount of product that comes out on the sponge-tipped applicator. It seems like the gloss is so thick or so forced into the tube that it creates resistance on the wand. The price - at least considering the frequent sales - is pretty low, so I don't regret taking a chance on it, but I won't repurchase.

on 6/1/2013 11:32:00 PM

This is NOT super shiny lipgloss. I have to put a ton of coats on to feel like I have any lip gloss on at all. Very cheap quality-like something you'd find at the Dollar Store. I would not buy again

It goes on easily but the taste, stickiness, and lack of nice color makes it TERRIBLE. Would never buy another lip gloss that is Ulta Brand..

I normally like lip glosses, but this product didn't really work for me at all, as it looked clear. I'm just glad that the mini tube was free as part of a gift bag when my new Ulta had their opening sale. I do like other Ulta products, but not this.

on 4/29/2012 3:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I lucked out and found the last 01 "Bellini" in the sale bin at Ulta. This is the perfect pink for me. Balanced between peachy and and purple, this is a wonderful bright pink gloss that goes on light, bright and sheer, with a barely perceptible gold shimmer. It is indeed, Super Shiny, but it is also a featherweight formula with a slight taste of melon.

Too bad they have discontinued this. It's a shame. This could very well end of my my casual summer color.

on 1/3/2012 2:07:00 PM

Packaging is cheap and poor, it's very difficult to get the product out of the tube, goes on uneven, and does not last. However, the two shades I bought (Sublime and Whisper) both look fantastic on me and come out the shade they were in the tube which is a plus. That said, I would put the value of these lip glosses at about half of what Ulta charges. Can't recommend.

on 12/28/2011 3:38:00 PM

I do not like!!!!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have 4 colors of these -- Cosmo, Charmed, Bellini, and Flirtini. Charmed and Cosmo came as samples with a gift set, and I got the other two in full size. These are good glosses. They aren't sticky or glittery, and give your lips a nice shine. The colors I got as samples have a little more color than my full size ones, but I like them all the same. I only get these when they're on sale because $8 for one is a little pricey, but if you do find a sale, I suggest you pick them up