Harry's-Truman Razor

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

A few years ago, my son got my husband a snazzy Harry's razor (engraved his initials) for Fathers Day. We'd never heard of Harry's but DH was hooked because the blades are so excellent and last such along time. Fast forward a few years and this same son is actually working in Harry's IT department in New York on his co-op term. I've been to visit him several times and he gave me a bunch of Harry's "swag", including a razor (I chose orange, like the previous reviewer), a bunch of blades, snap on protector for travelling with the razor and a tube of shave cream. I cannot believe how fabulous these products all are. I'm now "sold" and will remain a Harry's customer even after my son's term there is finished. But Harry's would be wise to start targeting women - their razor handle colours could use a red, turquoise, bright yellow, purple, etc. and their shave cream in a tube is so nice to use and so convenient and not an aerosol so great for travel AND no residue continuing to ooze from an aerosol can. The cream is also non-drying. Just a really great line of products!

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

So I was sick of paying so much for "girly" razors, and I decided to use mens. After trying several brands I landed upon Harry's and have never looked back. The price was 15 dollars for a razor handle of your color choice (I got orange), three 5 blade cartridges, and shaving cream. I ordered extra blades because they were so cheap ($1.88 per cartridge) and the reviews on a lot of mens shaving sites were very good.
It came beautifully packaged, like perfect for a gift kind of packaging. I get the smoothest, closest shave I think I've ever had with this razor! No cuts or irritation. The blade is extremely easy to clean. When you look at the back of the cartridge you'll see that the blades are not laid in a way where they are very close together, so hair and shaving cream rinse easily out of them. The shaving cream included is very good in my opinion, but a lot of people don't like it. It did leave a film on my legs, but it just made them softer. I can see this being a problem for some men when shaving their face. But hey, it was free!
Overall, excellent value for an excellent shave. I'll be buying a set for my boyfriend.
You can receive extra cartridges monthly if you sign up for auto shipment, but I haven't decided if I need to do that yet.
Also, there is no difference between the Truman and Winston sets except for the handle. The Winston is metal and can be engraved if you want to be extra fancy. I almost went for it but I really love the colored ones :). Give them a try!

Top Rated Hair Removal