Yves Rocher Monoi L'Eau des Vahines

3.7

alcohol, aqua/water/eau, parfum/fragrance, peg-40 hydrogenated castor oil, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, ethylhexyl salicylate, butyl methoxydibenzoylmethane, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, amyl cinnamal, linalool, benzyl benzoate, benzyl alcohol, gardenia tahitensis flower extract, ci 17200 (red 33), ci 15985 (yellow 6), ci 15510 (orange 4).

on 6/20/2016 11:57:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I quite like the scent of the dry oil from this Monoi line, but it doesn't stay long on my skin, so I decided to try out the Eau de Toilette version, hoping I could combine the oil and perfume in order to enjoy the beautiful fragrance a little longer.
I also ordered the scented, non-alcoholic body mist version. A non-alcoholic, scented moisture spray would be a great idea if you wanted to quickly refresh your fragrance any time under the midday sun, and give your skin a nice treat.

Well, I'm afraid I couldn't like neither the EDT nor the body mist. The body mist had a strangely green undertone, perhaps the Aloe Vera, which itself I don't dislike, but here it was crashing with the sweetness of vanilla and tiare. As for the EDT, tiare, ylang-ylang, vanilla and coconut are the listed notes, but I mainly get a screechy coconut smell, not the almost fruity, soft kind of Yves Rocher's Coconut EDT, but a synthetic one. Along with this, there is a harsh note I can't define, perhaps vanilla/ylang-ylang gone wrong. It didn't smell like suntan lotion on me, nor like the dry oil which has a very rich, sweet and flowery aroma, but something shrill and thin at the same time. I suppose it lacks a solid base to my nose. After about 10 minutes, it left a faint trace with reminiscence to the body oil, but then, I could also just apply the dry oil.
I was hoping to get a creamy and full-bodied, summer fragrance, so am disappointed with the EDT overall. It might work on a person with the right 'skin chemistry', and for the low price point when on sale, it would be a great bargain.

on 6/24/2014 5:22:00 PM

Totally agree with highrise's view. I just spent a month in France, visiting my family. I always look for things that are not available where I live, like Bourjois, and Yves Rocher.

This is a very pleasant summer scent. Monoi can be a bit cloying, if not well done. This one is perfect. It's sweet and creamy, but light at the same time. It's a great alternative to the usual, overdone, unimaginative citrusy scents that they bombard us with, every summer.

To Read all 3 Reviews, Login or Join

on 6/18/2014 9:39:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

The tropical/beachy category of scent was conspicuously missing from my collection...never one that I actively sought out. The recent flurry around Guerlain's Terracotta parfum started me on a trip down that rabbithole, and while I missed out on the Guerlain, I just had to have something along those lines.
Yves Rocher is a wonderful French brand of fragrance, skincare and makeup that is very affordable and high quality. L'Eau des Vahines is a textbook tropical beach scent - it fairly explodes upon first spray, but slowly turns into a creamy, sweet floral. Lots of white flowers, coconut and vanilla - the tuberose and ylang-ylang are quite prominent.
This lovely scent is all about happy, bright laid-back holiday time. Very uplifting, summery-sweet and cheery!

Popular Fragrances