Dior Pore Minimizer

Dior Pore Minimizer

3.6

methyl trimethicone, dimethicone, methylmethacrylate copolymer, vinyl dimethicone/methicone silsesquioxane crosspolymer, dimethicone crosspolymer, polymethylsesquioxane, acrylates/dimethicone copolymer, glycerin, silica, synthetic fluorphlogopite, PEG/PPG-18/18 dimethicone, phenoxyethanol, dimethicone/methicone copolymer/parfum (fragrance), linalool, limonene, butylphenyl methylpropional, tocopherol

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

This stuff is goooooooood! If you have oily skin but you want to hang onto a hydrating or heavy-duty moisturiser, this is the primer that'll help you have the best of both worlds and keep your foundation in place. Beware though, do not combine this with intensive oil-combating products, as it'll dry you out and you won't have a smooth finish to your foundation. I don't feel it really reduces pores and little nose blackheads, but it is an ideal primer for oily skin.

I'm glad I've got a (generous) sample and didn't spend a lot of money on this horrible primer. It has a siliconey consistency, which I don't mind. But once I applied it on my face it started to crumble and smudge and cake in the worst way. It was impossible to put foundation on this mess! I applied it with my fingers, then with a beauty blender, even with brush- same thing happened. And I used only a small amount! No matter how much I blended it looked streaky. Luckily it didn't break me out.

I regret buying this primer so much. The past two years my pores have become significantly larger, so I decided I needed to get a primer that works on that. I've always liked Dior products, so thought this could be it. It wasn't. The product itself dried out very quickly and was pretty dry from the start. Thought dryness wasn't too bad of a thing at first, because my t-zone is very oily. Then after applying my foundation on top it, it would crumble off. And I never noticed id it worked on my pores, because some of it crumbled off, so I had to be really careful, when applying foundation and my nose got really shiny either way after a few hours. Overall I used it for about a year. I threw it away a few weeks ago, because I was just sick of this really expensive and bad primer. Didn't work for me at all!

on 6/20/2016 11:51:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I have been using this primer for about a year now and I'm really pleased with its performance. I have really oily skin with large pores and whilst this does not keep my skin matt for very long, it really does reduce my pores and makes my skin look airbrushed. I have tried several primers, Clinique, Benefit The Porefessionals, Estee Lauder, YSL and more recently Becca to name a few but I prefer this. I will definitely continue to use this.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product did nothing to keep my make up on all day, nether did it minimise my pores for any longer than an hour. Furthermore, it broke me out around my nose area where my pores are the biggest. The price is not surprising considering it's Dior - so keep that in mind before splurging.

on 9/18/2015 10:51:00 AM

This primer truly minimizes pores - at least, temporarily. I have oily skin and pretty large pores on my chin, nose and cheeks, which is why a good primer is a must-have for me. When I apply the primer to my skin, my pores fade away practically completely. I also use Benefit's Porefessional and Dior does a better job in minimizing my pores. The blurring effect doesn't last all day, but I would say around 4-5 hours.

However, Pore Minimizer is not as efficient as Porefessional in mattifying and controlling oil. If I use Pore Minimizer, I need to touch up after 4-5 hours. With Porefessional, my foundation stays put around 6-7 hours.

Remember to apply this primer with very light hand, because if you add too much of product, your foundation may cake. At the beginning I found it frustrating, but after a while I learnt to use the right amount. The upside is that one tube will last forever.

Many reviewers have preferred Dior over Porefessional, but I find Porefessional to be slightly better. Even though Dior blurs skin better, oil control is the most important feature for me in a primer, and Porefessional is superior in mattifying. Therefore, I wouldn't buy this product again. However, if your primary reason is to blur complexion, Pore Minimizer is an excellent product.

on 8/28/2015 12:19:00 PM

I paid 45$ for this so i was expecting good results.. Fail. never really had a problem with oil on my nose and cheeks but this made me look like a greasy mess. In fact my makeup looked worse than when i dont apply primer. Will minimize the pores for about 15 minutes then just wears off i feel like. Im really disappointed.

on 8/25/2015 12:37:00 PM

This is only the second primer I've tried (the first being The Porefessional) which I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with.
This Dior primer feels really nice when it goes on, it's not tacky or silicon-y and it also dries quickly. I have combination skin so it works for me, but I suspect for those of you with dry skin it might dry you out a bit.

I can't say I feel it does reduce pore size, but it does keep my makeup in place for ages. The oily T-zone does make a reappearance after a few hours, so for me it's not quite HG because of this.

Still, overall a good product with lovely packaging and a handy pump. You don't have to use much at all so I'm hoping it will also be reasonable value for money.

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Yes this is expensive but so worth it for oily skin, it just makes the surface flawless and mattifys the skin , similar to the benefit porefessional but a bit more better.