W7 In the buff

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
W7 In the buff
In the buffIn the buffIn the buff

4.2

on 10/1/2015 12:36:00 PM

I love this pallet, the shadows themselves are soft and very blendable. I love that they arent chalky which is what i thought they would be especially due to how cheap I got it. I found it on Amazon for 8.99$ and for how big the packaging is thats a great deal. They glide onto your eyelid so smoothly. I do however feel that the matte colors (there are only two or three matte colors), are a bit chalky and not as soft as the glittery ones. but like I said for that price you really cant find a shadow thats better.

on 7/23/2015 8:23:00 PM

It's ok, colours are a little chalky but I prefer the MUA palettes over these.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Update: Like with the other palette, something strange has happened and I can barely use it. I'm completely baffled.

I purchased this little darling from Huge Online Seller Of Stuff, and including shipping from the UK it came to $10. No, that's not a mistake. Ten buckaroos!

W7 has made its entry into the world of neutral palettes and there's no denying that this is virtually an exact dupe of UD's Naked2. I know some would say this is sacrilege, but I prefer this palette to UD and for several reasons (cost being one).

So, let's start with the packaging and all of that fun stuff. As you'd expect, the container isn't quite as robust as its more expensive counterpart but it isn't crap, either. I'm a clumsy person by nature and I haven't broken it yet so that's got to count for something. As for the brush? Throw that away right this instant. It's complete and utter garbage, so let's just dump that now and pick something better (oh, I don't know - your 3 year old nephew's finger, for example)..

Now for the colours. There are 12 and from left to right we have (from left to right) Buff, Camel, Sand, Dust, Chocolate, Topaz, Earth, Storm, Silk, Wave, Thunder And Oynx.

Buff & Chocolate are the only true mattes but, with the exception of Camel & Thunder, the others are not true sparklies, either. This actually works better than you might think since the addition of water and the use of a primer (and any combination thereof) gives you not 2, but 3 or more different effects.

Application is a breeze. The mattes are actually very buttery and easy to apply and blend. There is a bit of a gritty feel to one or two shimmery shades but they're nowhere near as gritty as UD can be. There is also a little fallout with some shades, but it's not horrendous and it shouldn't be the deal-breaker. All in all, they actually do blend very nicely but the Onyx sometimes doesn't play well with others. They're incredibly well pigmented, decently long-lasting too and moreso with a primer underneath.

Okay, so what is it meant to do? Provide a low-cost alternative to the big-name nude palettes

That's fine, but what does it actually do? Provides a really good quality UD Naked2 clone with some better pigmentation. The outstandingly good shade for me is Camel, and the "meh" shade would be Onyx.

To summarise, as long as you don't buy it expecting it to be a dupe of LORAC Pro, you'll be fine. It's better than UD's Naked2 though. Seriously. It really is.

So get out your ten dollars, get thee to the online store whose name rhymes with hamazon and within a couple of weeks you'll have a gorgeous palette that can give you a seamless, sophisticated look without sending your bank account into paroxysms of fear.

I'm already going to have to buy my 20-something year old daughters a set each for Christmas!

on 6/17/2014 7:29:00 AM

I picked this up through a seller on Amazon when I ordered one of Sleek's latest palettes. I had to go through a reseller since Sleek was sold out on-line and am honestly happy I did since I picked this palette up as well!

I was pleasantly surprised over the quality of the shadows and packaging. The texture and pigmentation of these shadows are right on; they are buttery, apply well, blend like a dream and have great color pay off. I paid a whopping $8 for this one and think its worth much more. The packaging is a nice hard plastic shell which is very protective of the eyeshadows for travel. The only con I found was the applicator was a cheap brush/sponge tip applicator but I rarely use any applicator provided as I like to use my own brushes.

Overall, this is a winner and you can't beat the price. I will definitely be checking out more from this brand.

on 6/17/2014 5:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This most definitely THE dupe for UD Naked 2. Nice variety of warm & cool shades, which blend very well! It also stays on pretty well with a primer, just slight fall-out during the day. The price is ridiculously low, I paid something like 7 euros for it. This has taken a permanent place in my daily wear stash! Nothing but LOVE!
(pictures are taken from veracamilla.nl - a dutch beautyblog)

Video Reviews & Tutorials