W7 In the buff

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
W7 In the buff
In the buffIn the buffIn the buff

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have in the nude and in the buff. These are shockingly nice. I'm in the US so I bought them off amazon. I do not own the Naked palettes so I cannot compare. I will say quality wise they remind me of the coastal scents revealed palettes and those I feel are an excellent value. I feel the packaging is a bit excessive.

on 8/21/2014 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I have light brown skin and was looking for a nude eyeshadow palette; so found this one on my free trial of Amazon Prime. It is a generous palette of 11 colours of which I love and use about 10 of them. Used with a primer at least, they apply easily and last well for several hours I think - the colours (if wearing a few at a time) never merge into each other horribly. I got all this for 4.99 and am profoundly impressed as I feel that many UK cosmetics are just rip-offs. However, although I am not complaining about the number of colours, I do feel that they could have been laid out in a slightly more compact way; although it is possible to place in a handbag, I can imagine some might struggle with it - it is bulkier than it needs to be although I do like that it's a tin, not a plastic, box. Feels cool and prestigious.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Update: Like with the other palette, something strange has happened and I can barely use it. I'm completely baffled.

I purchased this little darling from Huge Online Seller Of Stuff, and including shipping from the UK it came to $10. No, that's not a mistake. Ten buckaroos!

W7 has made its entry into the world of neutral palettes and there's no denying that this is virtually an exact dupe of UD's Naked2. I know some would say this is sacrilege, but I prefer this palette to UD and for several reasons (cost being one).

So, let's start with the packaging and all of that fun stuff. As you'd expect, the container isn't quite as robust as its more expensive counterpart but it isn't crap, either. I'm a clumsy person by nature and I haven't broken it yet so that's got to count for something. As for the brush? Throw that away right this instant. It's complete and utter garbage, so let's just dump that now and pick something better (oh, I don't know - your 3 year old nephew's finger, for example)..

Now for the colours. There are 12 and from left to right we have (from left to right) Buff, Camel, Sand, Dust, Chocolate, Topaz, Earth, Storm, Silk, Wave, Thunder And Oynx.

Buff & Chocolate are the only true mattes but, with the exception of Camel & Thunder, the others are not true sparklies, either. This actually works better than you might think since the addition of water and the use of a primer (and any combination thereof) gives you not 2, but 3 or more different effects.

Application is a breeze. The mattes are actually very buttery and easy to apply and blend. There is a bit of a gritty feel to one or two shimmery shades but they're nowhere near as gritty as UD can be. There is also a little fallout with some shades, but it's not horrendous and it shouldn't be the deal-breaker. All in all, they actually do blend very nicely but the Onyx sometimes doesn't play well with others. They're incredibly well pigmented, decently long-lasting too and moreso with a primer underneath.

Okay, so what is it meant to do? Provide a low-cost alternative to the big-name nude palettes

That's fine, but what does it actually do? Provides a really good quality UD Naked2 clone with some better pigmentation. The outstandingly good shade for me is Camel, and the "meh" shade would be Onyx.

To summarise, as long as you don't buy it expecting it to be a dupe of LORAC Pro, you'll be fine. It's better than UD's Naked2 though. Seriously. It really is.

So get out your ten dollars, get thee to the online store whose name rhymes with hamazon and within a couple of weeks you'll have a gorgeous palette that can give you a seamless, sophisticated look without sending your bank account into paroxysms of fear.

I'm already going to have to buy my 20-something year old daughters a set each for Christmas!

Video Reviews & Tutorials