W7 In the buff

Filtered by skin type : Combination
W7 In the buff
In the buffIn the buffIn the buff

4.6

Great palette for beginners. Nice alternative for the Urban Decay Naked 2 palette.

Pros:
Nice pigmentation
Good color range
Nice swatches

Cons:
The brush it comes with sucks
Doesn't blend out too great

I was so surprised by the quality of this pallet. Well pigmented and stays in place. it also blends really nicely!

on 7/23/2015 8:23:00 PM

It's ok, colours are a little chalky but I prefer the MUA palettes over these.

I have both this and the Naked 2. Obviously the Naked two is better packaging, as the lid quickly came off my In The Buff palette, but that doesn't really matter much to me. The brush that comes with it is no good. But the shadows themselves are really nice, they last long, they are nice shades and there is a nice variety. I use this everyday for work and keep my Naked 2 palette for the weekend and other events. Buts its really worth the buy to have for when you don't want to waste the expensive products

on 5/12/2015 3:30:00 PM

**I have this in lightly toasted**

I am so in love with this palette. The shadows are pigmented, smooth, and blend out great. There's a great mix of matte and shimmer shades. I guess this is a dupe for Naked 1. I do not have Naked so nothing to really compare to but this is literally my favorite palette! I always use a primer either wet n wilds fergie take on the day primer or NYC 24hr city proof base in universal. They last without creasing or moving all day, close to 15 hours. I love the durable tin it comes in and that the shade names are on the back. It comes with a double ended brush; one being a sponge applicator, the other being a actual brush. I don't use that but I did keep it. I do notice some fallout with the darker shades but thats not really a problem. I paid $7.xx on amazon with free shipping. I want to try the other 2 palettes in this line, I think they're in the buff and in the nude.

I bought mine for 3.99. It's yet another cheap nude eyeshadow palete, that supposed to be similar to famous UD palettes. I can't comment on that, but I can say, that W7 made a very decent products.
Eyeshadows are nice to work with and have a good pigmentation. I find them blending well and last a decent amount of time.
As I had such a good experience with In The Buff, I decided to order In The Night too. It's the purple themed version. This is a completly different story. Eyeshadows are chalky and I find they lack pigmentation. There are some glittery ones, which leave noticeable glitter on my eyelids. The only way I can make these colours show up, is to use NYx jumbo pencil as a base underneath.
To be fair, I can't be bothered with this so In the Night will be gone soon.

Note: I bought the "In the Nude" one which is a dupe of Naked 3.

I haven't worn this yet to truly test how long it lasts. BUT omg when I swatched it the shadows were buttery and opaque like no other. There wasn't fallout like UD for me.

Also can we mention the packaging on this? Metal casing and a black [foam/rubber] inside to protect the eyeshadow. Not plastic, not cardboard. Thank goodness! This just feels like it's more than the $8USD I paid for it. Would definitely recommend to anyone who wants the Naked palettes but can't afford or don't want to pay $54USD for them.

on 12/2/2014 11:59:00 PM

This palette is perfection. It comes in a nice, sturdy tin case (super adorable, by the way) with a dual ended brush/sponge. On the back is a full list of all the colors' names. The ultimate dupe for Urban Decay's Naked 2, its colors are nearly identical to the higher end product and apply just as intense and buttery. This really is a perfect nude palette with a mix of shimmer, metallic, and matte shadows. I got mine for 7 USD on eBay and have since ordered both the In the Nude (Naked 3 dupe) and In the Buff: Lightly Toasted (Original Naked dupe) palettes. This affordable brand has seriously outdone themselves!

on 11/27/2014 4:17:00 PM

This palette is very very good. There is a good range of colours to create a simple daytime look with light eyeshadows and darker ones to create a smokey night out look.There are 3 nice matt colours and some shimmery ones,but the shimmer is quite subtle. They blend beautifully (I always use a primer with any eyeshadow) and last for 8-10 hours. The price is amazing for so many colours and such a good quality. I willdefinitely buy the other palettes from W7,too!

on 11/4/2014 10:22:00 PM

This review is for W7 (palette from same line,just other colors) palette In The Night.I haven't been so amazed by eyeshadow quality for a long time,but this palette is really something.At first,when I swatched the shadows,they seem powdery and not so good.But when I finally applied them on my eyes/lids,I was really happy I purchased this.It was about $6 ,in eBay.I wanted something different from those natural earthy shades witch appear in the "in the buff" palette and "in the nude" palette.So I purchased this "in the night" palette.It has gorgeous colors,like violety sparkle pink,couple of purples,sparkle sand color,couple of light base colors and couple of gray shadows.12 shadows in the palette.Very happy,and if you see this with a good price,take it!