W7 In the buff

W7 In the buff
In the buffIn the buffIn the buff

4.4

on 8/8/2017 6:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Alright let's start with a pro con list
Pros:
-Good packaging
-Good (albeit nothing new) color range

Cons:
-Not very pigmented
-The brush is not good

Alright so these shadows are pretty mediocre. They require alot of dipping into if you want to use them dry. Once I sprayed my brush they went on a ton more pigmented.

That being said. For the price, it's a pretty decent palette.

on 4/3/2017 10:36:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This one was in my opinion the best W7 palette of the range that comes in the Urban Decay knock off-like tins. These shades are more pigmented than the ones in the other palettes like In The Nude, Lightly Toasted, or the Smokey one. I also find that their shimmery shades are better than the matte ones, which are very, very chalky and powdery. Which is strange, because I love their 10 out of 10 palette, which has mostly unique, matte colors. Also, in my opinion the tin-palettes didn't have nice unique shades. This particular one has one very beautiful, cool beige shade, which was a bummer because it was so chalky and unworkable-with. Won't buy a W7 palette in the near future and will declutter this.

Pro:
- affordable
- cruelty free
- shimmery shades are nicely pigmented

Con:
- no unique shades
- some shades are soooo chalky

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Update: Like with the other palette, something strange has happened and I can barely use it. I'm completely baffled.

I purchased this little darling from Huge Online Seller Of Stuff, and including shipping from the UK it came to $10. No, that's not a mistake. Ten buckaroos!

W7 has made its entry into the world of neutral palettes and there's no denying that this is virtually an exact dupe of UD's Naked2. I know some would say this is sacrilege, but I prefer this palette to UD and for several reasons (cost being one).

So, let's start with the packaging and all of that fun stuff. As you'd expect, the container isn't quite as robust as its more expensive counterpart but it isn't crap, either. I'm a clumsy person by nature and I haven't broken it yet so that's got to count for something. As for the brush? Throw that away right this instant. It's complete and utter garbage, so let's just dump that now and pick something better (oh, I don't know - your 3 year old nephew's finger, for example)..

Now for the colours. There are 12 and from left to right we have (from left to right) Buff, Camel, Sand, Dust, Chocolate, Topaz, Earth, Storm, Silk, Wave, Thunder And Oynx.

Buff & Chocolate are the only true mattes but, with the exception of Camel & Thunder, the others are not true sparklies, either. This actually works better than you might think since the addition of water and the use of a primer (and any combination thereof) gives you not 2, but 3 or more different effects.

Application is a breeze. The mattes are actually very buttery and easy to apply and blend. There is a bit of a gritty feel to one or two shimmery shades but they're nowhere near as gritty as UD can be. There is also a little fallout with some shades, but it's not horrendous and it shouldn't be the deal-breaker. All in all, they actually do blend very nicely but the Onyx sometimes doesn't play well with others. They're incredibly well pigmented, decently long-lasting too and moreso with a primer underneath.

Okay, so what is it meant to do? Provide a low-cost alternative to the big-name nude palettes

That's fine, but what does it actually do? Provides a really good quality UD Naked2 clone with some better pigmentation. The outstandingly good shade for me is Camel, and the "meh" shade would be Onyx.

To summarise, as long as you don't buy it expecting it to be a dupe of LORAC Pro, you'll be fine. It's better than UD's Naked2 though. Seriously. It really is.

So get out your ten dollars, get thee to the online store whose name rhymes with hamazon and within a couple of weeks you'll have a gorgeous palette that can give you a seamless, sophisticated look without sending your bank account into paroxysms of fear.

I'm already going to have to buy my 20-something year old daughters a set each for Christmas!

Great palette for beginners. Nice alternative for the Urban Decay Naked 2 palette.

Pros:
Nice pigmentation
Good color range
Nice swatches

Cons:
The brush it comes with sucks
Doesn't blend out too great

I was so surprised by the quality of this pallet. Well pigmented and stays in place. it also blends really nicely!

on 9/25/2016 1:15:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Amazing! Goes on well and stays on - I've only used with primer so I can't speak for the quality without it. I don't think it's worth spending tons on the Naked palettes since these do the trick =]

on 9/20/2015 5:47:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

It is good enough. holds well with a primer. I don't wear a lot of eye makeup so I probably won't repurchase.

on 7/23/2015 8:23:00 PM

It's ok, colours are a little chalky but I prefer the MUA palettes over these.

I have both this and the Naked 2. Obviously the Naked two is better packaging, as the lid quickly came off my In The Buff palette, but that doesn't really matter much to me. The brush that comes with it is no good. But the shadows themselves are really nice, they last long, they are nice shades and there is a nice variety. I use this everyday for work and keep my Naked 2 palette for the weekend and other events. Buts its really worth the buy to have for when you don't want to waste the expensive products