W7 In the buff

W7 In the buff
In the buffIn the buffIn the buff

4.4

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Update: Like with the other palette, something strange has happened and I can barely use it. I'm completely baffled.

I purchased this little darling from Huge Online Seller Of Stuff, and including shipping from the UK it came to $10. No, that's not a mistake. Ten buckaroos!

W7 has made its entry into the world of neutral palettes and there's no denying that this is virtually an exact dupe of UD's Naked2. I know some would say this is sacrilege, but I prefer this palette to UD and for several reasons (cost being one).

So, let's start with the packaging and all of that fun stuff. As you'd expect, the container isn't quite as robust as its more expensive counterpart but it isn't crap, either. I'm a clumsy person by nature and I haven't broken it yet so that's got to count for something. As for the brush? Throw that away right this instant. It's complete and utter garbage, so let's just dump that now and pick something better (oh, I don't know - your 3 year old nephew's finger, for example)..

Now for the colours. There are 12 and from left to right we have (from left to right) Buff, Camel, Sand, Dust, Chocolate, Topaz, Earth, Storm, Silk, Wave, Thunder And Oynx.

Buff & Chocolate are the only true mattes but, with the exception of Camel & Thunder, the others are not true sparklies, either. This actually works better than you might think since the addition of water and the use of a primer (and any combination thereof) gives you not 2, but 3 or more different effects.

Application is a breeze. The mattes are actually very buttery and easy to apply and blend. There is a bit of a gritty feel to one or two shimmery shades but they're nowhere near as gritty as UD can be. There is also a little fallout with some shades, but it's not horrendous and it shouldn't be the deal-breaker. All in all, they actually do blend very nicely but the Onyx sometimes doesn't play well with others. They're incredibly well pigmented, decently long-lasting too and moreso with a primer underneath.

Okay, so what is it meant to do? Provide a low-cost alternative to the big-name nude palettes

That's fine, but what does it actually do? Provides a really good quality UD Naked2 clone with some better pigmentation. The outstandingly good shade for me is Camel, and the "meh" shade would be Onyx.

To summarise, as long as you don't buy it expecting it to be a dupe of LORAC Pro, you'll be fine. It's better than UD's Naked2 though. Seriously. It really is.

So get out your ten dollars, get thee to the online store whose name rhymes with hamazon and within a couple of weeks you'll have a gorgeous palette that can give you a seamless, sophisticated look without sending your bank account into paroxysms of fear.

I'm already going to have to buy my 20-something year old daughters a set each for Christmas!

on 12/2/2014 11:59:00 PM

This palette is perfection. It comes in a nice, sturdy tin case (super adorable, by the way) with a dual ended brush/sponge. On the back is a full list of all the colors' names. The ultimate dupe for Urban Decay's Naked 2, its colors are nearly identical to the higher end product and apply just as intense and buttery. This really is a perfect nude palette with a mix of shimmer, metallic, and matte shadows. I got mine for 7 USD on eBay and have since ordered both the In the Nude (Naked 3 dupe) and In the Buff: Lightly Toasted (Original Naked dupe) palettes. This affordable brand has seriously outdone themselves!

Note: I bought the "In the Nude" one which is a dupe of Naked 3.

I haven't worn this yet to truly test how long it lasts. BUT omg when I swatched it the shadows were buttery and opaque like no other. There wasn't fallout like UD for me.

Also can we mention the packaging on this? Metal casing and a black [foam/rubber] inside to protect the eyeshadow. Not plastic, not cardboard. Thank goodness! This just feels like it's more than the $8USD I paid for it. Would definitely recommend to anyone who wants the Naked palettes but can't afford or don't want to pay $54USD for them.

on 10/1/2015 12:36:00 PM

I love this pallet, the shadows themselves are soft and very blendable. I love that they arent chalky which is what i thought they would be especially due to how cheap I got it. I found it on Amazon for 8.99$ and for how big the packaging is thats a great deal. They glide onto your eyelid so smoothly. I do however feel that the matte colors (there are only two or three matte colors), are a bit chalky and not as soft as the glittery ones. but like I said for that price you really cant find a shadow thats better.

on 11/27/2014 4:17:00 PM

This palette is very very good. There is a good range of colours to create a simple daytime look with light eyeshadows and darker ones to create a smokey night out look.There are 3 nice matt colours and some shimmery ones,but the shimmer is quite subtle. They blend beautifully (I always use a primer with any eyeshadow) and last for 8-10 hours. The price is amazing for so many colours and such a good quality. I willdefinitely buy the other palettes from W7,too!

on 6/17/2014 5:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This most definitely THE dupe for UD Naked 2. Nice variety of warm & cool shades, which blend very well! It also stays on pretty well with a primer, just slight fall-out during the day. The price is ridiculously low, I paid something like 7 euros for it. This has taken a permanent place in my daily wear stash! Nothing but LOVE!
(pictures are taken from veracamilla.nl - a dutch beautyblog)

on 11/4/2014 10:22:00 PM

This review is for W7 (palette from same line,just other colors) palette In The Night.I haven't been so amazed by eyeshadow quality for a long time,but this palette is really something.At first,when I swatched the shadows,they seem powdery and not so good.But when I finally applied them on my eyes/lids,I was really happy I purchased this.It was about $6 ,in eBay.I wanted something different from those natural earthy shades witch appear in the "in the buff" palette and "in the nude" palette.So I purchased this "in the night" palette.It has gorgeous colors,like violety sparkle pink,couple of purples,sparkle sand color,couple of light base colors and couple of gray shadows.12 shadows in the palette.Very happy,and if you see this with a good price,take it!

on 6/17/2014 7:29:00 AM

I picked this up through a seller on Amazon when I ordered one of Sleek's latest palettes. I had to go through a reseller since Sleek was sold out on-line and am honestly happy I did since I picked this palette up as well!

I was pleasantly surprised over the quality of the shadows and packaging. The texture and pigmentation of these shadows are right on; they are buttery, apply well, blend like a dream and have great color pay off. I paid a whopping $8 for this one and think its worth much more. The packaging is a nice hard plastic shell which is very protective of the eyeshadows for travel. The only con I found was the applicator was a cheap brush/sponge tip applicator but I rarely use any applicator provided as I like to use my own brushes.

Overall, this is a winner and you can't beat the price. I will definitely be checking out more from this brand.

on 7/23/2015 8:23:00 PM

It's ok, colours are a little chalky but I prefer the MUA palettes over these.

on 5/12/2015 3:30:00 PM

**I have this in lightly toasted**

I am so in love with this palette. The shadows are pigmented, smooth, and blend out great. There's a great mix of matte and shimmer shades. I guess this is a dupe for Naked 1. I do not have Naked so nothing to really compare to but this is literally my favorite palette! I always use a primer either wet n wilds fergie take on the day primer or NYC 24hr city proof base in universal. They last without creasing or moving all day, close to 15 hours. I love the durable tin it comes in and that the shade names are on the back. It comes with a double ended brush; one being a sponge applicator, the other being a actual brush. I don't use that but I did keep it. I do notice some fallout with the darker shades but thats not really a problem. I paid $7.xx on amazon with free shipping. I want to try the other 2 palettes in this line, I think they're in the buff and in the nude.