W7 In the buff

Filtered by age: 30-35
W7 In the buff
In the buffIn the buffIn the buff

4.6

on 4/3/2017 10:36:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This one was in my opinion the best W7 palette of the range that comes in the Urban Decay knock off-like tins. These shades are more pigmented than the ones in the other palettes like In The Nude, Lightly Toasted, or the Smokey one. I also find that their shimmery shades are better than the matte ones, which are very, very chalky and powdery. Which is strange, because I love their 10 out of 10 palette, which has mostly unique, matte colors. Also, in my opinion the tin-palettes didn't have nice unique shades. This particular one has one very beautiful, cool beige shade, which was a bummer because it was so chalky and unworkable-with. Won't buy a W7 palette in the near future and will declutter this.

Pro:
- affordable
- cruelty free
- shimmery shades are nicely pigmented

Con:
- no unique shades
- some shades are soooo chalky

I bought mine for 3.99. It's yet another cheap nude eyeshadow palete, that supposed to be similar to famous UD palettes. I can't comment on that, but I can say, that W7 made a very decent products.
Eyeshadows are nice to work with and have a good pigmentation. I find them blending well and last a decent amount of time.
As I had such a good experience with In The Buff, I decided to order In The Night too. It's the purple themed version. This is a completly different story. Eyeshadows are chalky and I find they lack pigmentation. There are some glittery ones, which leave noticeable glitter on my eyelids. The only way I can make these colours show up, is to use NYx jumbo pencil as a base underneath.
To be fair, I can't be bothered with this so In the Night will be gone soon.

on 11/27/2014 4:17:00 PM

This palette is very very good. There is a good range of colours to create a simple daytime look with light eyeshadows and darker ones to create a smokey night out look.There are 3 nice matt colours and some shimmery ones,but the shimmer is quite subtle. They blend beautifully (I always use a primer with any eyeshadow) and last for 8-10 hours. The price is amazing for so many colours and such a good quality. I willdefinitely buy the other palettes from W7,too!

on 11/4/2014 10:22:00 PM

This review is for W7 (palette from same line,just other colors) palette In The Night.I haven't been so amazed by eyeshadow quality for a long time,but this palette is really something.At first,when I swatched the shadows,they seem powdery and not so good.But when I finally applied them on my eyes/lids,I was really happy I purchased this.It was about $6 ,in eBay.I wanted something different from those natural earthy shades witch appear in the "in the buff" palette and "in the nude" palette.So I purchased this "in the night" palette.It has gorgeous colors,like violety sparkle pink,couple of purples,sparkle sand color,couple of light base colors and couple of gray shadows.12 shadows in the palette.Very happy,and if you see this with a good price,take it!

on 6/17/2014 5:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This most definitely THE dupe for UD Naked 2. Nice variety of warm & cool shades, which blend very well! It also stays on pretty well with a primer, just slight fall-out during the day. The price is ridiculously low, I paid something like 7 euros for it. This has taken a permanent place in my daily wear stash! Nothing but LOVE!
(pictures are taken from veracamilla.nl - a dutch beautyblog)