Bumble and bumble. Hairdresser's Invisible Oil Primer

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Bumble and bumble. Hairdresser's Invisible Oil Primer

4.4

Water/Aqua/Eau, Cetearyl Alcohol, Butylene Glycol, PEG-12, Glyceryl Dimyristate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Macadamia Integrifolia Seed Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Gardenia Tahitensis (Tiare) Flower Extract, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Dimethiconol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Sodium Chloride, Citric Acid BHT, Fragrance (Parfum), Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Limonene, Coumarin, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Not sure where I stand on this product, it does not do any harm to my hair but it does not create miracles either (hence 3 stars).

My hair is thin, slightly frizzy, naturally has no shine and has never been dyed (my hairdresser always says that people pay a lot of money to have a colour that I already have without colouring my hair AT ALL). I'm trying to grow it out now after 8 years of a constant pixie cut so I thought it is time to get a conditioner to keep it well between cuts (I try to go every 8-10 weeks).

I have a regular hair conditioner from this line too which I use once a fortnight and I use this product every day. I spray it on freshly washed hair and then style it with a hairdryer (it is winter where I live and I cannot imagine going out with wet hair! Plus it looks sooooo much better when heat styled so I will not be giving my use of a hairdryer up any time soon). I don't use too much maybe 3-4 sprays as I'm worried it might get my hair weighted down.

It is hard to say what it actually DOES. It smells nice and looks good in my bathroom. And that is about it.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

This is the best thing that ever happend to my hair. It detangles, defrizzes, does not weight it down or make it greasy. My hair feels sleek like silk. My holy grail hair product.... I mix a bit la riche directions violet dye in this product and it makes the best anti brass product I have ever used. Way to go bumble and bumble !!!!

on 6/27/2017 2:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I've tried a handful of bumble and bumble products, none of which have blown me away until this one. I received a sample of this, and I'm so glad I did. I never wouldn't tried it otherwise. It left my hair softer, smoother, and less frizzy. This is my first five star review (I believe), and it totally deserves it. I'm not sure what magic is in this, but if you have dry, coarse hair you need to try this. Alternatively, my mother in law who has extra fine, soft, hardly frizzy wavy hair also loved it and it didn't weigh her hair down. It is light and doesn't weigh my hair down or leave it greasy, but it really takes my frizz to almost nothing. I have 2c, somewhat coarse, frizzy hair that is fluffy, not fine, but also not thick either. I need so much help smoothing, moisturizing, and making hair soft, but so many products don't do enough or leave me greasy (low porosity hair means it's hard to find stuff that works ad the CG method did not work at all for me). I know my hair will never be completely frizz free thanks to my texture (it's just too coarse and frizzy without product), but this has made it much more manageable. I have found applying by spraying into hands and smoothing it through sectioned hair (bottom half then top half) works the best for me. As hair is drying it does go through a slightly funny phase that I initially thought was going to leave hair feeling dry and coarse, but then it dried and was smooth and soft feeling. It's made styling when wet or next day dry hair so much easier. I think I'll have to repurchase fairly often (every 2 months I expect), but it'll be worth it if the results stick around for the long run!

Edit: after continuous use, I ended up with protein overload. Hair was getting more coarse and wiry, although wasn't dry, which is how I know it wasn't a moisture, but rather a protein issue. This does have several proteins about halfway down the ingredient list. I am going to take a break and see if I can find a balance that allows me to use this daily. If I have to use it more sparingly, I'll reserve for days I plan to heat style or wear it down and curly/wavy instead of up (I typically air dry and put hair in a ponytail or bun).

Edit 2: I've been unable to figure out how to make this work. Now that my hair has all the protein it needs, this is making little frizzies pop up like crazy and hair isn't that soft. I won't be repurchasing. I'm SO sad to report that what I thought was my new HG after a month of use has become just another product in the cabinet. Although I've never before had such great results from a product like I did at the beginning, they didn't last and it was too good to be true for my difficult hair. I'm not able to use for heat styling either, as it truly leaves hair feeling sort of coarse and straw like. If you need protein or your hair Isnt bothered by it, try this! It will likely be amazing. For folks who can't do protein, this is another product that unfortunately doesn't work out. Oh how I wish companies would STOP with all the proteins in hair products. Some of us just can't use them. Reduced score to a 3. It works well, but not for my hair type.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I adore this hair product. I first discovered it when a hair dresser used it on me post haircut, and I was hooked on the smell. It took me about a year to finally purchase it, I have been using the "It's a 10" leave in spray and thought that got the job done well. When I started to get bored of it, I finally bought this lovely primer.

It makes my hair feel incredible, it feels soft and light and smells amazing. It's a little expensive but it's worth it. You don't need to go spray crazy with it, I always comb it through after 2 or 3 sprays and it seems to distribute well. I use it regardless of whether I plan to heat style or not, because it leaves my hair so silky and with a nice texture. My wet hair I got to sleep with dries with bouncy curls and little frizz, and I notice that I don't get the same results without this product. I would definitely recommend, don't even bother with the small size, just go for the big one, I wish I did! I'll have to repurchase.

on 1/12/2016 10:13:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have long, fine (but a lot of it), wavy 2a-b hair that's highlighted and colored. I've recently figured out does better with LESS hair product. This stuff is pretty much perfect for me. I received a sample from Sephora and quickly purchased a full-size bottle. I probably use around 10-15 sprays of this on damp hair, comb through and either air dry or blow out. Sometimes I use a *little* styling cream or oil along with it, but I use it alone a lot too.

This stuff makes my hair nice and soft without frizz and without being weighed down at all. If I am wearing my hair wavy, it gives it a nice shine and helps to define the wave without making it look stringy. Very happy with this product and will continue to use!!

on 7/11/2015 7:55:00 PM

This is a great detangler that provides some treatment benefits without weighing down the hair. I like this much better than the Prep spray i used to use. This makes my hair lush and smooth. I don't own even a hairdryer and this makes it look blow dried. I have thick hair and i didn't like the oil in this line at all but this is a winner. This is a all-in-one product that leaves hair very soft and manageable. I recommend this.

on 4/28/2015 12:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is the most awesome product ever!! It hydrates, eliminates my frizz, protects against heat styling, makes my hair manageable and gives me tons of shine. It also increases the effectiveness of styling products which can be layered on top of it. It's really light and would be suitable for fine hair. Whatever magic is inside it, it totally works for me. My hair is medium textured, wavy and prone to dryness and frizz. This primer makes my hair silky, sleek and gives me tons of body. It would be suitable for any hair type. Yes, it's expensive, but it's really concentrated so you don't need much. A bottle lasts me about two months and I use it about 3 times a week. I can't believe how good this stuff is! I definitely recommend it, especially for those who have any damage/dryness/frizz.

on 11/16/2014 10:02:00 PM

Personally I prefer B&B's Invisible Oil Primer more than It's a 10. I get the best results by applying a total of ~3 sprays to my hands and applying to partially damp hair, then blow drying. I sometimes use it on dry hair if I am looking frizzy. Overall, very pleased. So glad to have better hair days.