Bumble and bumble. Hairdresser's Invisible Oil Primer

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Bumble and bumble. Hairdresser's Invisible Oil Primer

4.2

Water/Aqua/Eau, Cetearyl Alcohol, Butylene Glycol, PEG-12, Glyceryl Dimyristate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Macadamia Integrifolia Seed Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Gardenia Tahitensis (Tiare) Flower Extract, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Dimethiconol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Sodium Chloride, Citric Acid BHT, Fragrance (Parfum), Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Limonene, Coumarin, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol.

on 4/14/2018 4:23:00 PM

I have a fair amount medium weight hair which can get kind of pouffy and tends towards dryness. After washing and before blow drying I use a few squirts of this avoiding an inch or so from my scalp and find that it makes my hair look much healthier, it doesn’t weigh it down or seem to leave any residue at all. Aside from the smell (which I quite like) and improved condition, I can’t even tell I’ve put anything on my hair. Specifically I find that my hair looks shinier, feels softer and has increased body. It’s thicker than most leave ins, almost creamy so you really don’t need much so it lasts me a year, although I only wash my hair twice a week. When I’m starting to get near the bottom i add a little water so it’s easier to dispense and I think for anyone who finds it a little heavy, or wants to stretch it out, this is a good option from the start.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I love this!!!! It leaves my hair very soft and shiny. I protects it when I use heat on it. It also protects it from the humidity and sun.

on 6/30/2016 5:01:00 PM

It is a great product, makes hair shiny and sleek with only a few sprays

on 5/24/2016 6:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This product didn't work for my hair. I have long hair that is fine, but I have a ton of it. I've lightened my hair to a pale blonde for years, so it's also really dry.

The advertising states that this product is supposed to be "a pre-styler that protects, conditions, and eases styling" and "has been shown to make hair softer, smoother, silkier, and less tangled as it tames frizz and protects against breakage from heat and UV radiation—all without weighing hair down."

I didn't notice any of the advertised benefits. It did not make my hair softer or smoother. It also did not tame any frizz.

I would not purchase this again. I prefer either It's a 10 or 12 Benefits Instant Healthy Hair Treatment for a leave-in conditioner, along with Kenra's Platinum Blow Dry Spray as a heat protector and primer.

on 2/29/2016 11:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I love this stuff! It's really all I need to use after washing and before styling my hair. It detangles, protects against heat-styling, makes hair soft and silky, and smells great.

on 6/22/2015 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

PROS:

Great detangler

Good lightweight leave-in conditioner

Protects hair during heat styling (flat iron, curling iron, blow dryer)

More emollient than Prep, for hair that is dry, damaged, or thick and curly

CONS:

If it's too heavy for you or builds up on the hair too much, see if you like Prep

The price is high.

I wish all of Bumble & Bumble's products were a little cheaper. After I ran out of this, I waited for several weeks before buying another bottle. I've gone through two. Same thing happened with Prep. I love Prep but after I finish a bottle, I always go as long as I can without it for money reasons. Once I tried to replace Prep with a cheaper detangling product from the drugstore which I hated. It was sticky and smelled like candy. Ended up going back to Prep.

I think both primers are fantastic, but please, B&B don't charge so much.

Oh my. This one is so good, I had to review it immediately.

I love the multiple uses for this primer. Effectively defrizzes (which will eliminate my use of No Frizz spray from Living Proof), contains healthy oils to soften and protect (which will eliminate my use of Elixir Ultime), protects against heat damage, and detangles. For the $$, this is worth every stinkin' penny and then some. I've consolidated products down to ONE. That is a huge win in my book. Additionally, the nozzle really restricts the amount that comes out with each pump - teeny tiny droplets - it will last much longer than I originally expected. I sprayed my whole head, lifting each section of hair, and ends. Then combed through before sectioning to blow dry. Works very well with Bb Thickening Hairspray at the root for volume.

The smell is soft and gentle - HEAVEN. I ran out and shoved my head in hubby's face and asked him to take a whiff. He liked it a lot. Not overpowering!

My hair is naturally wavy with a bit of texture. Caucasian, some balayage. I straightened it with ease using this spray. Can't wait to experience it after air-drying!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Incredible! Worth every penny. If you don't want to invest in a full bottle at first, Sephora has a travel size that I think is $10 or around that price. I use this after I wash my hair everyday, and it detangles, smoothes, defrizzes before I do any heat styling to it. I usually add a little bit of argan oil and then I am good to go. I use to have major problems with dry and tangled hair but ever since I switched to Bumble and Bumble products I have had no issues. Love!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I've been using a deluxe sample size of this line that I got at Sephora as part of a 500-point reward. Not too keen on the shampoo/conditioner part of the package [EDIT 7.13.2015: turns out it's the shampoo side of things I don't like; LOVE the conditioner!], but boy oh boy is the Invisible Oil Primer like hair magic!

Frankly, this has been one of the best hair weeks of my life thanks to this stuff and the Terax Latte shampoo, both new introductions to my hair care routine. I incorporated them separately enough to confirm that both products are playing major roles in the improvement of the overall condition of my hair.

Speaking specifically about the Invisible Oil Primer, it's very easy to use: just squirt it even-ishly onto your hair, comb through to make it more evenly distributed, and then blow dry your hair during the magic window when it is neither too damp nor too dry. That is, if you have a magic window of dampness for optimal hair-drying (I do cuz my hair is fussy as all get out).

FYI, I've tried tons of other heat protectancts/hair creams/detangler/leave-in conditioners/other styling products, and this is definitely a game-changer. Pricy, but one of the rare products worth the price.

For the record, my hair is normally a fine, limp, straw-like mess that breaks easily and just generally fussy up the wazoo. With the addition of the Oil Primer and Terax Latte shampoo, it's been the best it's been in well over a decade. Shiny, soft, manageable, hydrated, much easier to style. I feel like I've gone back in time at least 10-20 years and am optimistic for the first time in a long time that I might actually be able to grow it out past my shoulders without major breakage. Which, yay!!!!!!

A final note: the only aspect of this product that I'm somewhat meh about is the scent. Bumble and Bumble are capable of producing magnificantly scented products (Brilliantine Cream, for example) that are also essentially instructions on how to use the product coded/written via the product's scent, which is to say: very often, how a B& B product smells tells you a lot about how it's meant to be used or the effect it will have on your hair. For me, that's one of the most brilliant aspects of their line, even though their products can be hit or miss.

EDIT: 5.28.2015: This is a GREAT product overall but I must remove a lippie. While I'm not generally all afeared of silicone-based ingredients (there are many delightful ones that have no harmful effects, wash out easily with water and/or a halfway decent shampoo), this seems to contain one of the heavier sorts (in all likelihood, dimethicone) that builds up over time faster than my shampoo can tackle and thus results in scalp issues.

To remedy, I will probably just take a break from this stuff and then pick it up again and try to figure out how better to incorporate into my routine. I love this product enough that it's worth futzing about.

on 8/11/2014 9:16:00 PM

I got this as a delux sample from Sephora and I was intrigued. I had tried the hairdresser's oil and I didn't like how greasy it made me feel and look and how much it weighed down my hair. I was a little hesitant and I felt it would be unnecessary because I never use anything in my hair. I wash my hair every other day and let it air dry. I never blow dry, straighten, dye or put chemicals into it. The only time I curl it is for a special event. I took my shower and sprayed this a few times at the ends of my hair and brushed it. As my hair dried, I noticed how shiny, smooth and frizz-free it looked. It also wasn't as flippy as usual. I really like this product and despite the price I will think sincerely about repurchasing.