Bumble & Bumble Hairdresser's Invisible Oil Primer

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Bumble & Bumble Hairdresser's Invisible Oil Primer

3.5

Water/Aqua/Eau, Cetearyl Alcohol, Butylene Glycol, PEG-12, Glyceryl Dimyristate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Macadamia Integrifolia Seed Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Gardenia Tahitensis (Tiare) Flower Extract, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Dimethiconol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Sodium Chloride, Citric Acid BHT, Fragrance (Parfum), Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Limonene, Coumarin, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol.

on 4/14/2018 4:23:00 PM

I have a fair amount medium weight hair which can get kind of pouffy and tends towards dryness. After washing and before blow drying I use a few squirts of this avoiding an inch or so from my scalp and find that it makes my hair look much healthier, it doesn’t weigh it down or seem to leave any residue at all. Aside from the smell (which I quite like) and improved condition, I can’t even tell I’ve put anything on my hair. Specifically I find that my hair looks shinier, feels softer and has increased body. It’s thicker than most leave ins, almost creamy so you really don’t need much so it lasts me a year, although I only wash my hair twice a week. When I’m starting to get near the bottom i add a little water so it’s easier to dispense and I think for anyone who finds it a little heavy, or wants to stretch it out, this is a good option from the start.

on 1/26/2018 8:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Nope! Gave this hair product several tries. It seems to do the opposite to my hair of what the product claims. I am sooo picky w/ hair products I stick to tried and true. I wanted B&B invisible oil but it was sold out, so I picked up this ‘primer’ thinking it has the oil in it, therefore it should work the same. The bottle contains a spray type pump, that has a nice diffuse fine spray output. Smells really nice- fruity. The product reminds me of cream rinse with less body. Once it hits my damp or dry hair- it goes downhill from here. It coats my hair sparingly with copious spays, my hair texture changes, becomes frizzier, curls separate by the follicle causing large clumps of frizz wether blow dried, towel dried or even dried natural. When I apply to dry hair, it does nothing to control frizz but makes it worse, and the feel texture is just gross. My hair feels rough dirty. I get nooo shine whatsoever with this product. This is my experience with this product, it appears to work well for many others, but for my dry medium type curly hair it’s a definite No!...yuck!

on 2/29/2016 11:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I love this stuff! It's really all I need to use after washing and before styling my hair. It detangles, protects against heat-styling, makes hair soft and silky, and smells great.

Oh my. This one is so good, I had to review it immediately.

I love the multiple uses for this primer. Effectively defrizzes (which will eliminate my use of No Frizz spray from Living Proof), contains healthy oils to soften and protect (which will eliminate my use of Elixir Ultime), protects against heat damage, and detangles. For the $$, this is worth every stinkin' penny and then some. I've consolidated products down to ONE. That is a huge win in my book. Additionally, the nozzle really restricts the amount that comes out with each pump - teeny tiny droplets - it will last much longer than I originally expected. I sprayed my whole head, lifting each section of hair, and ends. Then combed through before sectioning to blow dry. Works very well with Bb Thickening Hairspray at the root for volume.

The smell is soft and gentle - HEAVEN. I ran out and shoved my head in hubby's face and asked him to take a whiff. He liked it a lot. Not overpowering!

My hair is naturally wavy with a bit of texture. Caucasian, some balayage. I straightened it with ease using this spray. Can't wait to experience it after air-drying!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I've been using a deluxe sample size of this line that I got at Sephora as part of a 500-point reward. Not too keen on the shampoo/conditioner part of the package [EDIT 7.13.2015: turns out it's the shampoo side of things I don't like; LOVE the conditioner!], but boy oh boy is the Invisible Oil Primer like hair magic!

Frankly, this has been one of the best hair weeks of my life thanks to this stuff and the Terax Latte shampoo, both new introductions to my hair care routine. I incorporated them separately enough to confirm that both products are playing major roles in the improvement of the overall condition of my hair.

Speaking specifically about the Invisible Oil Primer, it's very easy to use: just squirt it even-ishly onto your hair, comb through to make it more evenly distributed, and then blow dry your hair during the magic window when it is neither too damp nor too dry. That is, if you have a magic window of dampness for optimal hair-drying (I do cuz my hair is fussy as all get out).

FYI, I've tried tons of other heat protectancts/hair creams/detangler/leave-in conditioners/other styling products, and this is definitely a game-changer. Pricy, but one of the rare products worth the price.

For the record, my hair is normally a fine, limp, straw-like mess that breaks easily and just generally fussy up the wazoo. With the addition of the Oil Primer and Terax Latte shampoo, it's been the best it's been in well over a decade. Shiny, soft, manageable, hydrated, much easier to style. I feel like I've gone back in time at least 10-20 years and am optimistic for the first time in a long time that I might actually be able to grow it out past my shoulders without major breakage. Which, yay!!!!!!

A final note: the only aspect of this product that I'm somewhat meh about is the scent. Bumble and Bumble are capable of producing magnificantly scented products (Brilliantine Cream, for example) that are also essentially instructions on how to use the product coded/written via the product's scent, which is to say: very often, how a B& B product smells tells you a lot about how it's meant to be used or the effect it will have on your hair. For me, that's one of the most brilliant aspects of their line, even though their products can be hit or miss.

EDIT: 5.28.2015: This is a GREAT product overall but I must remove a lippie. While I'm not generally all afeared of silicone-based ingredients (there are many delightful ones that have no harmful effects, wash out easily with water and/or a halfway decent shampoo), this seems to contain one of the heavier sorts (in all likelihood, dimethicone) that builds up over time faster than my shampoo can tackle and thus results in scalp issues.

To remedy, I will probably just take a break from this stuff and then pick it up again and try to figure out how better to incorporate into my routine. I love this product enough that it's worth futzing about.

on 4/28/2015 12:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is the most awesome product ever!! It hydrates, eliminates my frizz, protects against heat styling, makes my hair manageable and gives me tons of shine. It also increases the effectiveness of styling products which can be layered on top of it. It's really light and would be suitable for fine hair. Whatever magic is inside it, it totally works for me. My hair is medium textured, wavy and prone to dryness and frizz. This primer makes my hair silky, sleek and gives me tons of body. It would be suitable for any hair type. Yes, it's expensive, but it's really concentrated so you don't need much. A bottle lasts me about two months and I use it about 3 times a week. I can't believe how good this stuff is! I definitely recommend it, especially for those who have any damage/dryness/frizz.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I got the travel kit to try the Invisible Oil line and this is my favorite product of the three. Performs a lot like Its a 10 for me, and has similar ingredients. I like it, and I love Bb so I'll likely buy a full size.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

The smell was the worst! I had heard the smell referred to as a "unisex frangrance" so I knew before I got it that there was a smell but I just couldn't stand it and I'm not sensitive to smells at all. But this one lingered forever! I finally gave up and washed my hair at 2 am. I thought that maybe if the product was amazing I could kind of see past the smell but honestly it did nothing for me. I have incredibly thick hair so maybe that's why? But yeah, I was just happy that I only got it as a sample from Sephora so I wouldn't have to return it.