Bumble and bumble. Hairdresser's Invisible Oil Primer

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Bumble and bumble. Hairdresser's Invisible Oil Primer

3.5

Water/Aqua/Eau, Cetearyl Alcohol, Butylene Glycol, PEG-12, Glyceryl Dimyristate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Macadamia Integrifolia Seed Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Gardenia Tahitensis (Tiare) Flower Extract, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Dimethiconol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Sodium Chloride, Citric Acid BHT, Fragrance (Parfum), Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Limonene, Coumarin, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Not sure where I stand on this product, it does not do any harm to my hair but it does not create miracles either (hence 3 stars).

My hair is thin, slightly frizzy, naturally has no shine and has never been dyed (my hairdresser always says that people pay a lot of money to have a colour that I already have without colouring my hair AT ALL). I'm trying to grow it out now after 8 years of a constant pixie cut so I thought it is time to get a conditioner to keep it well between cuts (I try to go every 8-10 weeks).

I have a regular hair conditioner from this line too which I use once a fortnight and I use this product every day. I spray it on freshly washed hair and then style it with a hairdryer (it is winter where I live and I cannot imagine going out with wet hair! Plus it looks sooooo much better when heat styled so I will not be giving my use of a hairdryer up any time soon). I don't use too much maybe 3-4 sprays as I'm worried it might get my hair weighted down.

It is hard to say what it actually DOES. It smells nice and looks good in my bathroom. And that is about it.

I love this product. I have tried my fair share of leave-in conditioning products and this is by far the best in my opinion. For reference, my hair consists of 2B waves that are frizzy, dry and easily weighed down.

Bumble and bumble describes this as a multitasking pre-styler. I use it as a leave-in conditioner. It adds moisture to my hair without weighing it down and it helps combat frizz. It also makes my hair much more manageable. My waves look polished and healthy when I use this. I generally try to avoid silicones since I use sulfate free shampoos and cleansing conditioners, but I have to make an exception for this product. Luckily, I don't experience much build-up when I use this.

I often layer this with other stylers, such as mousse and curling creams, and my hair never feels weighed down or heavy with product. This is a great foundation for my hair routine. I also use it for touch-ups on really humid days. I'll apply a bit of this on my face framing layers to smooth down frizz that may have popped up during the day.

Bumble and bumble claims that this has protection from UV and heat damage. I'm not sure how to rate the UV protection since I'm typically not in the sun for extended periods of time. I haven't noticed any issues since using this product though. As far as the heat protection goes, I think this is great for blow-drying. I sometimes use this when I blow-dry my hair smooth and it leaves my hair feeling silky and healthy. That being said, I don't think this offers enough protection from hot tools such as curling irons and flat irons. I experienced some damage on my bangs while using this as a heat protectant. My hair is very sensitive to heat though - your mileage may vary.

This comes in a spray bottle and the texture is fairly thin. It's not as thick as the It's a 10 leave-in, but it isn't as thin as water. I prefer to spray the product into my hand and then apply throughout my hair. I find that I get better coverage this way.

This is a pricey product but I think it's worth every penny. I've had my large bottle (8.5 oz) for a few months and I'm not even halfway through. Sephora offers a smaller size, which is a great option if you don't want to commit to a full bottle.

Overall, I highly recommend this. It's the perfect addition to my hair routine and it makes my wash and go style look so much better. I will definitely continue to purchase this!

on 6/30/2016 5:01:00 PM

It is a great product, makes hair shiny and sleek with only a few sprays

on 5/24/2016 6:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This product didn't work for my hair. I have long hair that is fine, but I have a ton of it. I've lightened my hair to a pale blonde for years, so it's also really dry.

The advertising states that this product is supposed to be "a pre-styler that protects, conditions, and eases styling" and "has been shown to make hair softer, smoother, silkier, and less tangled as it tames frizz and protects against breakage from heat and UV radiation—all without weighing hair down."

I didn't notice any of the advertised benefits. It did not make my hair softer or smoother. It also did not tame any frizz.

I would not purchase this again. I prefer either It's a 10 or 12 Benefits Instant Healthy Hair Treatment for a leave-in conditioner, along with Kenra's Platinum Blow Dry Spray as a heat protector and primer.