Bumble and bumble Hairdresser's Invisible Oil Heat & UV Protective Primer

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Bumble and bumble Hairdresser's Invisible Oil Heat & UV Protective Primer
Hair Primer!

4.2

Water/Aqua/Eau, Cetearyl Alcohol, Butylene Glycol, PEG-12, Glyceryl Dimyristate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Macadamia Integrifolia Seed Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Gardenia Tahitensis (Tiare) Flower Extract, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Dimethiconol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Sodium Chloride, Citric Acid BHT, Fragrance (Parfum), Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Limonene, Coumarin, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol.

on 2/5/2019 5:05:00 AM

This stuff is fabulous. From the first use it tamed fly aways and stopped frizz from my hair. It leaves my hair smooth and silky. I use it to damp hair than I comb them and follow with hairdryer. Bought in travel size and going to buy full size for sure.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

This is the best thing that ever happend to my hair. It detangles, defrizzes, does not weight it down or make it greasy. My hair feels sleek like silk. My holy grail hair product.... I mix a bit la riche directions violet dye in this product and it makes the best anti brass product I have ever used. Way to go bumble and bumble !!!!

I love this product. I have tried my fair share of leave-in conditioning products and this is by far the best in my opinion. For reference, my hair consists of 2B waves that are frizzy, dry and easily weighed down.

Bumble and bumble describes this as a multitasking pre-styler. I use it as a leave-in conditioner. It adds moisture to my hair without weighing it down and it helps combat frizz. It also makes my hair much more manageable. My waves look polished and healthy when I use this. I generally try to avoid silicones since I use sulfate free shampoos and cleansing conditioners, but I have to make an exception for this product. Luckily, I don't experience much build-up when I use this.

I often layer this with other stylers, such as mousse and curling creams, and my hair never feels weighed down or heavy with product. This is a great foundation for my hair routine. I also use it for touch-ups on really humid days. I'll apply a bit of this on my face framing layers to smooth down frizz that may have popped up during the day.

Bumble and bumble claims that this has protection from UV and heat damage. I'm not sure how to rate the UV protection since I'm typically not in the sun for extended periods of time. I haven't noticed any issues since using this product though. As far as the heat protection goes, I think this is great for blow-drying. I sometimes use this when I blow-dry my hair smooth and it leaves my hair feeling silky and healthy. That being said, I don't think this offers enough protection from hot tools such as curling irons and flat irons. I experienced some damage on my bangs while using this as a heat protectant. My hair is very sensitive to heat though - your mileage may vary.

This comes in a spray bottle and the texture is fairly thin. It's not as thick as the It's a 10 leave-in, but it isn't as thin as water. I prefer to spray the product into my hand and then apply throughout my hair. I find that I get better coverage this way.

This is a pricey product but I think it's worth every penny. I've had my large bottle (8.5 oz) for a few months and I'm not even halfway through. Sephora offers a smaller size, which is a great option if you don't want to commit to a full bottle.

Overall, I highly recommend this. It's the perfect addition to my hair routine and it makes my wash and go style look so much better. I will definitely continue to purchase this!

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I love this!!!! It leaves my hair very soft and shiny. I protects it when I use heat on it. It also protects it from the humidity and sun.

on 6/30/2016 5:01:00 PM

It is a great product, makes hair shiny and sleek with only a few sprays

on 2/29/2016 11:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I love this stuff! It's really all I need to use after washing and before styling my hair. It detangles, protects against heat-styling, makes hair soft and silky, and smells great.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I adore this hair product. I first discovered it when a hair dresser used it on me post haircut, and I was hooked on the smell. It took me about a year to finally purchase it, I have been using the "It's a 10" leave in spray and thought that got the job done well. When I started to get bored of it, I finally bought this lovely primer.

It makes my hair feel incredible, it feels soft and light and smells amazing. It's a little expensive but it's worth it. You don't need to go spray crazy with it, I always comb it through after 2 or 3 sprays and it seems to distribute well. I use it regardless of whether I plan to heat style or not, because it leaves my hair so silky and with a nice texture. My wet hair I got to sleep with dries with bouncy curls and little frizz, and I notice that I don't get the same results without this product. I would definitely recommend, don't even bother with the small size, just go for the big one, I wish I did! I'll have to repurchase.

on 6/22/2015 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

PROS:

Great detangler

Good lightweight leave-in conditioner

Protects hair during heat styling (flat iron, curling iron, blow dryer)

More emollient than Prep, for hair that is dry, damaged, or thick and curly

CONS:

If it's too heavy for you or builds up on the hair too much, see if you like Prep

The price is high.

I wish all of Bumble & Bumble's products were a little cheaper. After I ran out of this, I waited for several weeks before buying another bottle. I've gone through two. Same thing happened with Prep. I love Prep but after I finish a bottle, I always go as long as I can without it for money reasons. Once I tried to replace Prep with a cheaper detangling product from the drugstore which I hated. It was sticky and smelled like candy. Ended up going back to Prep.

I think both primers are fantastic, but please, B&B don't charge so much.

on 11/16/2014 10:02:00 PM

Personally I prefer B&B's Invisible Oil Primer more than It's a 10. I get the best results by applying a total of ~3 sprays to my hands and applying to partially damp hair, then blow drying. I sometimes use it on dry hair if I am looking frizzy. Overall, very pleased. So glad to have better hair days.

on 8/11/2014 9:16:00 PM

I got this as a delux sample from Sephora and I was intrigued. I had tried the hairdresser's oil and I didn't like how greasy it made me feel and look and how much it weighed down my hair. I was a little hesitant and I felt it would be unnecessary because I never use anything in my hair. I wash my hair every other day and let it air dry. I never blow dry, straighten, dye or put chemicals into it. The only time I curl it is for a special event. I took my shower and sprayed this a few times at the ends of my hair and brushed it. As my hair dried, I noticed how shiny, smooth and frizz-free it looked. It also wasn't as flippy as usual. I really like this product and despite the price I will think sincerely about repurchasing.