Bumble and bumble Hairdresser's Invisible Oil Heat & UV Protective Primer

Bumble and bumble Hairdresser's Invisible Oil Heat & UV Protective Primer
Hair Primer!

4.1

Water/Aqua/Eau, Cetearyl Alcohol, Butylene Glycol, PEG-12, Glyceryl Dimyristate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Macadamia Integrifolia Seed Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Gardenia Tahitensis (Tiare) Flower Extract, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Dimethiconol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Sodium Chloride, Citric Acid BHT, Fragrance (Parfum), Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Limonene, Coumarin, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol.

on 1/26/2018 8:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Nope! Gave this hair product several tries. It seems to do the opposite to my hair of what the product claims. I am sooo picky w/ hair products I stick to tried and true. I wanted B&B invisible oil but it was sold out, so I picked up this ‘primer’ thinking it has the oil in it, therefore it should work the same. The bottle contains a spray type pump, that has a nice diffuse fine spray output. Smells really nice- fruity. The product reminds me of cream rinse with less body. Once it hits my damp or dry hair- it goes downhill from here. It coats my hair sparingly with copious spays, my hair texture changes, becomes frizzier, curls separate by the follicle causing large clumps of frizz wether blow dried, towel dried or even dried natural. When I apply to dry hair, it does nothing to control frizz but makes it worse, and the feel texture is just gross. My hair feels rough dirty. I get nooo shine whatsoever with this product. This is my experience with this product, it appears to work well for many others, but for my dry medium type curly hair it’s a definite No!...yuck!

on 5/24/2016 6:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This product didn't work for my hair. I have long hair that is fine, but I have a ton of it. I've lightened my hair to a pale blonde for years, so it's also really dry.

The advertising states that this product is supposed to be "a pre-styler that protects, conditions, and eases styling" and "has been shown to make hair softer, smoother, silkier, and less tangled as it tames frizz and protects against breakage from heat and UV radiation—all without weighing hair down."

I didn't notice any of the advertised benefits. It did not make my hair softer or smoother. It also did not tame any frizz.

I would not purchase this again. I prefer either It's a 10 or 12 Benefits Instant Healthy Hair Treatment for a leave-in conditioner, along with Kenra's Platinum Blow Dry Spray as a heat protector and primer.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Noooooo. I hate this product. To me, it's just an additional unnecessary step when I style my hair. The product itself is very lightweight, which is great and all, but it doesn't actually DO ANYTHING for my hair. I might as well be spraying water. The only thing I can recommend doing is, if you REALLY want this product, go ahead and get the travel size before you invest in the full size. I was lucky and got this as a deluxe sample in a Sephora 500-point perk, which I'm really happy about because I would have been pretty PO'd if I had actually spent money on this.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

The smell was the worst! I had heard the smell referred to as a "unisex frangrance" so I knew before I got it that there was a smell but I just couldn't stand it and I'm not sensitive to smells at all. But this one lingered forever! I finally gave up and washed my hair at 2 am. I thought that maybe if the product was amazing I could kind of see past the smell but honestly it did nothing for me. I have incredibly thick hair so maybe that's why? But yeah, I was just happy that I only got it as a sample from Sephora so I wouldn't have to return it.

on 11/24/2018 7:33:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this after seeing the high number of raves on the Internet. I am not sure what the big deal is. For this much money, I expected something like Kerastase products. At the least, the Kerastase products work for a while before you figure out that your hair is no longer responding to silicone. This failed to be anything special at my first trial. It detangles. That is all I can say positively about this product. I have used a lot of oil based products. Although this has some oil, the silicon is the prevailing element in it. So for a while, your hair will be happy and smooth but then it can break and fall out. My suggestion is to keep your money and look into products like Agadir.

on 7/8/2015 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

I redeemed 100 Sephora points for a travel size bottle of this, mistakenly thinking it was the Invisible Hairdresser's Oil. I didn't mind too much because I could use a UV/heat styling protectant in my haircare lineup but this one was too heavy for my fine hair. The scent is overwhelmingly coconut, so if you don't like coconut scented products, you've been warned. My hair felt dirty and became greasy faster than usual after applying this to my ends. I usually wash my hair every other day but after using this I had to wash it two days in a row. I didn't see any improvement in terms of detangling properties or shine. For reference, I have fine hair.

At first I thought this would absolutely replace quite a few products in my "hair routine" and after the first wash and blow dry I was convinced. My hair looked fabulous (mind you I have waist length medium/thick semi-straight hair, normally use Moroccanoil and Aveda Straight Infusion Glossing Straightener, followed by Matrix Biolage Thermal Active Repair Gloss) and was incredibly shiny. After the second use, my hair became incredibly frizzy once dry and "misbehaved" so that I went back to my old hair routine. Frizz disappeared. I really wanted to like this product, and it may work for other hair types, but it was not for me. Sorry B&B.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Not sure where I stand on this product, it does not do any harm to my hair but it does not create miracles either (hence 3 stars).

My hair is thin, slightly frizzy, naturally has no shine and has never been dyed (my hairdresser always says that people pay a lot of money to have a colour that I already have without colouring my hair AT ALL). I'm trying to grow it out now after 8 years of a constant pixie cut so I thought it is time to get a conditioner to keep it well between cuts (I try to go every 8-10 weeks).

I have a regular hair conditioner from this line too which I use once a fortnight and I use this product every day. I spray it on freshly washed hair and then style it with a hairdryer (it is winter where I live and I cannot imagine going out with wet hair! Plus it looks sooooo much better when heat styled so I will not be giving my use of a hairdryer up any time soon). I don't use too much maybe 5-6 sprays on my ends only as I'm worried it might get my hair weighted down.

It is hard to say what it actually DOES. It smells nice and looks good in my bathroom. And that is about it. I still get flyaways and I still get split ends. Also, it seems to last forever - I have had my bottle at least for a year now and I still have a half left!

on 6/27/2017 2:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I've tried a handful of bumble and bumble products, none of which have blown me away until this one. I received a sample of this, and I'm so glad I did. I never wouldn't tried it otherwise. It left my hair softer, smoother, and less frizzy. This is my first five star review (I believe), and it totally deserves it. I'm not sure what magic is in this, but if you have dry, coarse hair you need to try this. Alternatively, my mother in law who has extra fine, soft, hardly frizzy wavy hair also loved it and it didn't weigh her hair down. It is light and doesn't weigh my hair down or leave it greasy, but it really takes my frizz to almost nothing. I have 2c, somewhat coarse, frizzy hair that is fluffy, not fine, but also not thick either. I need so much help smoothing, moisturizing, and making hair soft, but so many products don't do enough or leave me greasy (low porosity hair means it's hard to find stuff that works ad the CG method did not work at all for me). I know my hair will never be completely frizz free thanks to my texture (it's just too coarse and frizzy without product), but this has made it much more manageable. I have found applying by spraying into hands and smoothing it through sectioned hair (bottom half then top half) works the best for me. As hair is drying it does go through a slightly funny phase that I initially thought was going to leave hair feeling dry and coarse, but then it dried and was smooth and soft feeling. It's made styling when wet or next day dry hair so much easier. I think I'll have to repurchase fairly often (every 2 months I expect), but it'll be worth it if the results stick around for the long run!

Edit: after continuous use, I ended up with protein overload. Hair was getting more coarse and wiry, although wasn't dry, which is how I know it wasn't a moisture, but rather a protein issue. This does have several proteins about halfway down the ingredient list. I am going to take a break and see if I can find a balance that allows me to use this daily. If I have to use it more sparingly, I'll reserve for days I plan to heat style or wear it down and curly/wavy instead of up (I typically air dry and put hair in a ponytail or bun).

Edit 2: I've been unable to figure out how to make this work. Now that my hair has all the protein it needs, this is making little frizzies pop up like crazy and hair isn't that soft. I won't be repurchasing. I'm SO sad to report that what I thought was my new HG after a month of use has become just another product in the cabinet. Although I've never before had such great results from a product like I did at the beginning, they didn't last and it was too good to be true for my difficult hair. I'm not able to use for heat styling either, as it truly leaves hair feeling sort of coarse and straw like. If you need protein or your hair Isnt bothered by it, try this! It will likely be amazing. For folks who can't do protein, this is another product that unfortunately doesn't work out. Oh how I wish companies would STOP with all the proteins in hair products. Some of us just can't use them. Reduced score to a 3. It works well, but not for my hair type.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

One of the few heat protective hair primers that does not weigh my hair down or leave it looking greasy. Easy to use, just a quick light spritz is all that is needed. I use this on damp hair before I blow dry or on dry hair before I flat iron. Has a light scent that does not linger. I have fine, dry hair that is prone to frizzing and this helps to control that.