Bumble and bumble. Hairdresser's Invisible Oil Primer

Bumble and bumble. Hairdresser's Invisible Oil Primer

4.1

Water/Aqua/Eau, Cetearyl Alcohol, Butylene Glycol, PEG-12, Glyceryl Dimyristate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Macadamia Integrifolia Seed Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Gardenia Tahitensis (Tiare) Flower Extract, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Dimethiconol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Sodium Chloride, Citric Acid BHT, Fragrance (Parfum), Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Limonene, Coumarin, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

One of the few heat protective hair primers that does not weigh my hair down or leave it looking greasy. Easy to use, just a quick light spritz is all that is needed. I use this on damp hair before I blow dry or on dry hair before I flat iron. Has a light scent that does not linger. I have fine, dry hair that is prone to frizzing and this helps to control that.

on 4/14/2018 4:23:00 PM

I have a fair amount medium weight hair which can get kind of pouffy and tends towards dryness. After washing and before blow drying I use a few squirts of this avoiding an inch or so from my scalp and find that it makes my hair look much healthier, it doesn’t weigh it down or seem to leave any residue at all. Aside from the smell (which I quite like) and improved condition, I can’t even tell I’ve put anything on my hair. Specifically I find that my hair looks shinier, feels softer and has increased body. It’s thicker than most leave ins, almost creamy so you really don’t need much so it lasts me a year, although I only wash my hair twice a week. When I’m starting to get near the bottom i add a little water so it’s easier to dispense and I think for anyone who finds it a little heavy, or wants to stretch it out, this is a good option from the start.

on 1/26/2018 8:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Nope! Gave this hair product several tries. It seems to do the opposite to my hair of what the product claims. I am sooo picky w/ hair products I stick to tried and true. I wanted B&B invisible oil but it was sold out, so I picked up this ‘primer’ thinking it has the oil in it, therefore it should work the same. The bottle contains a spray type pump, that has a nice diffuse fine spray output. Smells really nice- fruity. The product reminds me of cream rinse with less body. Once it hits my damp or dry hair- it goes downhill from here. It coats my hair sparingly with copious spays, my hair texture changes, becomes frizzier, curls separate by the follicle causing large clumps of frizz wether blow dried, towel dried or even dried natural. When I apply to dry hair, it does nothing to control frizz but makes it worse, and the feel texture is just gross. My hair feels rough dirty. I get nooo shine whatsoever with this product. This is my experience with this product, it appears to work well for many others, but for my dry medium type curly hair it’s a definite No!...yuck!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Not sure where I stand on this product, it does not do any harm to my hair but it does not create miracles either (hence 3 stars).

My hair is thin, slightly frizzy, naturally has no shine and has never been dyed (my hairdresser always says that people pay a lot of money to have a colour that I already have without colouring my hair AT ALL). I'm trying to grow it out now after 8 years of a constant pixie cut so I thought it is time to get a conditioner to keep it well between cuts (I try to go every 8-10 weeks).

I have a regular hair conditioner from this line too which I use once a fortnight and I use this product every day. I spray it on freshly washed hair and then style it with a hairdryer (it is winter where I live and I cannot imagine going out with wet hair! Plus it looks sooooo much better when heat styled so I will not be giving my use of a hairdryer up any time soon). I don't use too much maybe 3-4 sprays as I'm worried it might get my hair weighted down.

It is hard to say what it actually DOES. It smells nice and looks good in my bathroom. And that is about it.

on 9/11/2017 11:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I finally found it - THIS is what my hair has been longing for!!!! I cannot say enough good things about this product. It leaves my hair feeling soft, silky and tangle-free with not an ounce of frizz in sight and it smells divine too. I spray it all over my damp hair before blow-drying and can genuinely say it leaves my hair looking and feeling like I've just finished in the salon. No, it's not cheap (£21.00 for 250ml here in good ol' Blighty) but my goodness, it's worth every single penny. I originally had a 60ml bottle in a gift set and hadn't even finished using it before I went out and purchased the full-sized version - THAT'S how good it is! I genuinely hope B&B NEVER discontinue this or there will be tears and tantrums in my household.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

This is the best thing that ever happend to my hair. It detangles, defrizzes, does not weight it down or make it greasy. My hair feels sleek like silk. My holy grail hair product.... I mix a bit la riche directions violet dye in this product and it makes the best anti brass product I have ever used. Way to go bumble and bumble !!!!

on 6/27/2017 2:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I've tried a handful of bumble and bumble products, none of which have blown me away until this one. I received a sample of this, and I'm so glad I did. I never wouldn't tried it otherwise. It left my hair softer, smoother, and less frizzy. This is my first five star review (I believe), and it totally deserves it. I'm not sure what magic is in this, but if you have dry, coarse hair you need to try this. Alternatively, my mother in law who has extra fine, soft, hardly frizzy wavy hair also loved it and it didn't weigh her hair down. It is light and doesn't weigh my hair down or leave it greasy, but it really takes my frizz to almost nothing. I have 2c, somewhat coarse, frizzy hair that is fluffy, not fine, but also not thick either. I need so much help smoothing, moisturizing, and making hair soft, but so many products don't do enough or leave me greasy (low porosity hair means it's hard to find stuff that works ad the CG method did not work at all for me). I know my hair will never be completely frizz free thanks to my texture (it's just too coarse and frizzy without product), but this has made it much more manageable. I have found applying by spraying into hands and smoothing it through sectioned hair (bottom half then top half) works the best for me. As hair is drying it does go through a slightly funny phase that I initially thought was going to leave hair feeling dry and coarse, but then it dried and was smooth and soft feeling. It's made styling when wet or next day dry hair so much easier. I think I'll have to repurchase fairly often (every 2 months I expect), but it'll be worth it if the results stick around for the long run!

Edit: after continuous use, I ended up with protein overload. Hair was getting more coarse and wiry, although wasn't dry, which is how I know it wasn't a moisture, but rather a protein issue. This does have several proteins about halfway down the ingredient list. I am going to take a break and see if I can find a balance that allows me to use this daily. If I have to use it more sparingly, I'll reserve for days I plan to heat style or wear it down and curly/wavy instead of up (I typically air dry and put hair in a ponytail or bun).

Edit 2: I've been unable to figure out how to make this work. Now that my hair has all the protein it needs, this is making little frizzies pop up like crazy and hair isn't that soft. I won't be repurchasing. I'm SO sad to report that what I thought was my new HG after a month of use has become just another product in the cabinet. Although I've never before had such great results from a product like I did at the beginning, they didn't last and it was too good to be true for my difficult hair. I'm not able to use for heat styling either, as it truly leaves hair feeling sort of coarse and straw like. If you need protein or your hair Isnt bothered by it, try this! It will likely be amazing. For folks who can't do protein, this is another product that unfortunately doesn't work out. Oh how I wish companies would STOP with all the proteins in hair products. Some of us just can't use them. Reduced score to a 3. It works well, but not for my hair type.

I love this product. I have tried my fair share of leave-in conditioning products and this is by far the best in my opinion. For reference, my hair consists of 2B waves that are frizzy, dry and easily weighed down.

Bumble and bumble describes this as a multitasking pre-styler. I use it as a leave-in conditioner. It adds moisture to my hair without weighing it down and it helps combat frizz. It also makes my hair much more manageable. My waves look polished and healthy when I use this. I generally try to avoid silicones since I use sulfate free shampoos and cleansing conditioners, but I have to make an exception for this product. Luckily, I don't experience much build-up when I use this.

I often layer this with other stylers, such as mousse and curling creams, and my hair never feels weighed down or heavy with product. This is a great foundation for my hair routine. I also use it for touch-ups on really humid days. I'll apply a bit of this on my face framing layers to smooth down frizz that may have popped up during the day.

Bumble and bumble claims that this has protection from UV and heat damage. I'm not sure how to rate the UV protection since I'm typically not in the sun for extended periods of time. I haven't noticed any issues since using this product though. As far as the heat protection goes, I think this is great for blow-drying. I sometimes use this when I blow-dry my hair smooth and it leaves my hair feeling silky and healthy. That being said, I don't think this offers enough protection from hot tools such as curling irons and flat irons. I experienced some damage on my bangs while using this as a heat protectant. My hair is very sensitive to heat though - your mileage may vary.

This comes in a spray bottle and the texture is fairly thin. It's not as thick as the It's a 10 leave-in, but it isn't as thin as water. I prefer to spray the product into my hand and then apply throughout my hair. I find that I get better coverage this way.

This is a pricey product but I think it's worth every penny. I've had my large bottle (8.5 oz) for a few months and I'm not even halfway through. Sephora offers a smaller size, which is a great option if you don't want to commit to a full bottle.

Overall, I highly recommend this. It's the perfect addition to my hair routine and it makes my wash and go style look so much better. I will definitely continue to purchase this!

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I love this!!!! It leaves my hair very soft and shiny. I protects it when I use heat on it. It also protects it from the humidity and sun.

on 11/10/2016 7:16:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I'm a huge leave in conditioner junkie and I think this is one of the better option out there. It leaves my hair nice and conditioned but it's very lightweight so it doesn't weigh down my hair at all. Although, my favourite leave in is still the Garnier moroccan sleek oil which works better and is cheaper so for that reason i will not repurchase.