Bumble and bumble Hairdresser's Invisible Oil Heat & UV Protective Primer

Filtered by age: 25-29
Bumble and bumble Hairdresser's Invisible Oil Heat & UV Protective Primer
Hair Primer!

Water/Aqua/Eau, Cetearyl Alcohol, Butylene Glycol, PEG-12, Glyceryl Dimyristate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Macadamia Integrifolia Seed Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Gardenia Tahitensis (Tiare) Flower Extract, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Dimethiconol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Sodium Chloride, Citric Acid BHT, Fragrance (Parfum), Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Limonene, Coumarin, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol.

on 6/27/2017 2:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I've tried a handful of bumble and bumble products, none of which have blown me away until this one. I received a sample of this, and I'm so glad I did. I never wouldn't tried it otherwise. It left my hair softer, smoother, and less frizzy. This is my first five star review (I believe), and it totally deserves it. I'm not sure what magic is in this, but if you have dry, coarse hair you need to try this. Alternatively, my mother in law who has extra fine, soft, hardly frizzy wavy hair also loved it and it didn't weigh her hair down. It is light and doesn't weigh my hair down or leave it greasy, but it really takes my frizz to almost nothing. I have 2c, somewhat coarse, frizzy hair that is fluffy, not fine, but also not thick either. I need so much help smoothing, moisturizing, and making hair soft, but so many products don't do enough or leave me greasy (low porosity hair means it's hard to find stuff that works ad the CG method did not work at all for me). I know my hair will never be completely frizz free thanks to my texture (it's just too coarse and frizzy without product), but this has made it much more manageable. I have found applying by spraying into hands and smoothing it through sectioned hair (bottom half then top half) works the best for me. As hair is drying it does go through a slightly funny phase that I initially thought was going to leave hair feeling dry and coarse, but then it dried and was smooth and soft feeling. It's made styling when wet or next day dry hair so much easier. I think I'll have to repurchase fairly often (every 2 months I expect), but it'll be worth it if the results stick around for the long run!

Edit: after continuous use, I ended up with protein overload. Hair was getting more coarse and wiry, although wasn't dry, which is how I know it wasn't a moisture, but rather a protein issue. This does have several proteins about halfway down the ingredient list. I am going to take a break and see if I can find a balance that allows me to use this daily. If I have to use it more sparingly, I'll reserve for days I plan to heat style or wear it down and curly/wavy instead of up (I typically air dry and put hair in a ponytail or bun).

Edit 2: I've been unable to figure out how to make this work. Now that my hair has all the protein it needs, this is making little frizzies pop up like crazy and hair isn't that soft. I won't be repurchasing. I'm SO sad to report that what I thought was my new HG after a month of use has become just another product in the cabinet. Although I've never before had such great results from a product like I did at the beginning, they didn't last and it was too good to be true for my difficult hair. I'm not able to use for heat styling either, as it truly leaves hair feeling sort of coarse and straw like. If you need protein or your hair Isnt bothered by it, try this! It will likely be amazing. For folks who can't do protein, this is another product that unfortunately doesn't work out. Oh how I wish companies would STOP with all the proteins in hair products. Some of us just can't use them. Reduced score to a 3. It works well, but not for my hair type.

I love this product. I have tried my fair share of leave-in conditioning products and this is by far the best in my opinion. For reference, my hair consists of 2B waves that are frizzy, dry and easily weighed down.

Bumble and bumble describes this as a multitasking pre-styler. I use it as a leave-in conditioner. It adds moisture to my hair without weighing it down and it helps combat frizz. It also makes my hair much more manageable. My waves look polished and healthy when I use this. I generally try to avoid silicones since I use sulfate free shampoos and cleansing conditioners, but I have to make an exception for this product. Luckily, I don't experience much build-up when I use this.

I often layer this with other stylers, such as mousse and curling creams, and my hair never feels weighed down or heavy with product. This is a great foundation for my hair routine. I also use it for touch-ups on really humid days. I'll apply a bit of this on my face framing layers to smooth down frizz that may have popped up during the day.

Bumble and bumble claims that this has protection from UV and heat damage. I'm not sure how to rate the UV protection since I'm typically not in the sun for extended periods of time. I haven't noticed any issues since using this product though. As far as the heat protection goes, I think this is great for blow-drying. I sometimes use this when I blow-dry my hair smooth and it leaves my hair feeling silky and healthy. That being said, I don't think this offers enough protection from hot tools such as curling irons and flat irons. I experienced some damage on my bangs while using this as a heat protectant. My hair is very sensitive to heat though - your mileage may vary.

This comes in a spray bottle and the texture is fairly thin. It's not as thick as the It's a 10 leave-in, but it isn't as thin as water. I prefer to spray the product into my hand and then apply throughout my hair. I find that I get better coverage this way.

This is a pricey product but I think it's worth every penny. I've had my large bottle (8.5 oz) for a few months and I'm not even halfway through. Sephora offers a smaller size, which is a great option if you don't want to commit to a full bottle.

Overall, I highly recommend this. It's the perfect addition to my hair routine and it makes my wash and go style look so much better. I will definitely continue to purchase this!

on 7/14/2016 7:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am pleasantly surprised by this product. I got the travel size while on vacation after going 2 days with terribly frizzy hair. I literally ran in to Sephora, grabbed the first thing I saw in the travel size section and hoped for the best.
I will also preface by saying that I have tried a sample of the shampoo and conditioner under the same line, and while I liked the fragrance, they didn't do anything for my fine, thin, color treated and dry hair.
So, I first used the primer on dry hair. Immediately my hair looked naturally smooth and polished and smelled amazing. I also tried it out on both of my daughter's hair (2 and 7), and it did the same thing plus helped detangle. Then I tried it on just washed, slightly damp hair. It made combing easy, and my hair air-dried much less frizzy than usually.
On days when I want a more polished look without a bunch of heat styling, this stuff works great.
On days when I am blowing out / straightening my hair, I still feel like it works ok as a lightweight primer, but I still have to rely on other products to tame frizz.
I will continue to use and actually will be repurchasing the larger size because it effortlessly makes my hair and my daughter's hair look nice, smells really good, and doesn't weigh our hair down or make it greasy.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Noooooo. I hate this product. To me, it's just an additional unnecessary step when I style my hair. The product itself is very lightweight, which is great and all, but it doesn't actually DO ANYTHING for my hair. I might as well be spraying water. The only thing I can recommend doing is, if you REALLY want this product, go ahead and get the travel size before you invest in the full size. I was lucky and got this as a deluxe sample in a Sephora 500-point perk, which I'm really happy about because I would have been pretty PO'd if I had actually spent money on this.

This primer has a silky smooth texture and smells like coconut oil. Its a blend of six different oils, including the famous Argan oil! On wet hair its a great de-tangler and gives heat protection before blowdrying. On dry hair it can be used before straightening, curling (you will need to top up with a hairspray if you want hold). It gives uv protection so is a great beach accessory too! A 250ml bottle should last minimum of 3 months- good value for money too.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Incredible! Worth every penny. If you don't want to invest in a full bottle at first, Sephora has a travel size that I think is $10 or around that price. I use this after I wash my hair everyday, and it detangles, smoothes, defrizzes before I do any heat styling to it. I usually add a little bit of argan oil and then I am good to go. I use to have major problems with dry and tangled hair but ever since I switched to Bumble and Bumble products I have had no issues. Love!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

HG. H. G.

I almost never write hair product reviews on here, mostly because I am terrible to my hair and also because none of them really seem to make any sort of difference to me. I think that the one hair product, in the land of all hair products, that I have ever loved in Oribe's beach spray. UNTIL NOW. To give some context, I have naturally very thick, wavy hair that has not been cut by anyone in almost a year, save for a few pathetic trims I've given myself. If you know thick wavy hair, you know that this is slightly disastrous and that it needs frequent upkeep to save it from itself. I also use heat styling a lot and have a bad tendency to wash my hair every day. So my hair is coarse, splitting, dry, broken, you name it.

Enter this amazing product. I received a sample and, when I ran out of my other heat protectant, decided to use it on a whim. I had zero expectations, since heat sprays usually make me feel better, but I'm pretty sure most don't do much. I didn't really full understand what it was. All I know is that after one use, during which time I flat ironed my hair, my hair turned from a crispy, broken mess into a sleek, soft thing that was sort of actually attractive. What? And it's done that, every single time I've used it. Suffice it to say I bought the full sized bottle.

This comes in a spray bottle. It's very easy to use - you just sort of spray it around your head. I don't love the scent (it is very coconut-y), but it's fine. It's more of an all-purpose spray than just for use with heat styling. It detangles, smooths, and tames. It's amazing, 1,000x better than any other product I've used (and I've tried a lot of them, to no avail). If your hair is damaged and in need of a little bit of love, I HIGHLY recommend. It definitely has some weight to it, though, so if you have fine hair, this might not be the right product for you. I am so impressed with this, though, and will definitely be considering the whole Hairdresser's Invisible Oil line from them.

This is my new fave hair product. My hair had actually been in bad condition because I hadn't gone shopping for my usual hair products, and so this primer saved my hair.
After i brush my wet hair, I generously spray this all over my head of hair, towel wrap my hair for 10 mins, let it down and spray a bit more and a few more products, then I blow dry my hair.
The areas of my head and hair that were frizzy and dry before, are no longer! and my hair has been softer and more manageable since.
I purchased the travel size, but Im ready to go buy the full size because mine is almost done lol.