Bumble and bumble Hairdresser's Invisible Oil Shampoo

3.8

Water/Aqua/Eau, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Coco-Betaine, Acrylates Copolymer, Decyl Glucoside, Butylene Glycol, Glycol Distearate, Laureth-23, Glycereth-26, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Macadamia Integrifolia Seed Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Gardenia Tahitensis (Tiare) Flower Extract, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Sodium Hyaluronate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Panthenyl Ethyl Ether, Sodium PCA, Pantethine, Polyquaternium-7, Polyquaternium-10, Potassium Hydroxide, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Sulfate, Fragrance (Parfum), Linalool, Hexyl Cinnamal, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Phenoxyethanol, Methylisothiazolinone, Methylchloroisothiazolinone

I received this as a generous-sized sample from Sephora. After a long, tough winter, my fine, colored hair was really looking bad - the combination of cold, dry air outside and overheated dry air inside, as well as washing and styling, left my hair dull and lifeless. I tried this shampoo (together with the matching conditioner) and it made an immediate difference - my hair was shiny and manageable again, looking better than it has in months.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have my naturally super dark brunette hair professionally bleached all over. It's still strong and healthy but can get very frizzy at times. I used the Paul Mitchell Lavender Mint Moisturizing collection for a long time before switching to this. The Paul Mitchell leaves my hair soft in a slippery way since it's loaded with silicone. This leaves my hair super soft in a way in which there isn't any slippery or coated feeling, not to mention this shampoo feeling so much thicker and moisturizing. The lack of sulfates in this which the Paul Mitchell has is a bonus. Although very expensive it's worth it for my delicate hair.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Got free samples of this and the conditioner. Not bad, but for the high price, it's just ok. Suitable for dry hair. I am in no rush to purchase, but for free? It's fine.

I love packing Bumble and Bumble's travel size shampoo/conditioners when I'm traveling. I can count on them to be exceptional hair care products and never explode in my bag. After a day in the sun, my hair was dry, distressed and tangled. I used the Hairdresser's invisible shampoo and conditioner and my hair was instantly restored to its original shine and softness. I followed this with my Ouai oil and together, they make hair magic. Love Bumble and Bumble's hair care line.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Finally I've found an amazing shampoo that hydrates but doesn't weigh my hair down! I was searching for a good quality, hydrating but light shampoo/conditioner line for my over processed, dull, rough textured, super dehydrated hair and tape in extensions. I was using Living Proof but felt like the repair shampoo made me super oily. And the Volume line wasn't hydrating enough. In comes bumble & bumble! I loved the oil and checked out some reviews of this online and decided to give it a go. Wow is all I have to say! It lathers very nicely and definitely makes my hair feel clean. It doesn't leave my hair feeling like straw which is huge for my extension hair. When using the conditioner my hair is manageable, silky feeling, soft and importantly, shiny!! No weighing down at all either. The softness lasts for days too even though I pile on the dry shampoo after going to the gym. This is a game changer for me. I love it.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

What an awful shampoo indeed. Super strong detergents, I thought I was putting laundry detergent on my hair, without any doubt. After washing off and drying naturally my hair felt as if i had put it in the oven. Dry, coarse, unpleasant.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Tried this in my long hunt to find a decent shampoo and conditioner after my go to began to cause scalp issues (didn't cleanse enough and I developed a scalp issue). I didn't mind this shampoo and I did enjoy the scent, although it was pretty strong. It cleansed nicely, but didn't moisturize any more than a moisturizing drugstore shampoo. I think this is a nice treat if you can afford it and are looking for a little luxury, but to say this is super special is not something I found to be true. I do like that there are oils and such, but they are down the list, and there are plenty of cleansers and detergents. Just for anyone who might care, just because something doesn't have "sulfate" doesn't mean it's a gentle cleanser. The detergents in this shampoo cleanse just like SLS (sodium laurel sulfate), just labeled differently. This one specifically has disodium laureth sulfosuccinate plus four other cleansing agents (both versions of sulfate and non sulfate), so it may not be any gentler on hair than a typical moisturizing shampoo. Bottom line, it is all about what works for your hair, and this was nothing special for me.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

LOVE it's my fav daily shampoo

Moisturizing but weightless. I don't consider my hair to be dry, but this product is still perfect for me. Helps keep my lightweight, wavy, fine, thin-to-average thickness hair looking nice. Plus it smells great! GREAT lather (so rare for sulfate-free), lovely texture. Repeat buyer.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Meh... This isn't really doing much for my hair. It's definitely not worth the price. My hair is fine, thick, and straight. I had it bleached a year ago and am trying to grow out the damaged parts. So, I have very healthy, virgin hair down to the tops of my ears and over-colored, slightly damaged hair from there to my shoulders. My friend, who has bleached hair, raves about this shampoo and conditioner, but for me, the combo wasn't very hydrating at all. It's not bad shampoo. It didn't dry my hair out, but it didn't do anything I couldn't get from a $4 bottle of drugstore shampoo. If you have fine hair and want to try an "oil" shampoo I recommend Macadamia Natural Oil Shampoo for fine/baby fine hair; it's what this product promises to be.

I wanted to love this as they raved about it from the salon I purchased it at and the reviews seem great everywhere. I have thick, wavy brown hair. Not course by any means. I love to bring out my curl/waves and tone down frizziness. This did neither. It DID make my hair very soft! But after using a dab of the shampoo as recommended, the conditioner and a dime sized amount of the hairdressers oil I let my hair air dry and my hair was fuzzy! Like someone rubbed a balloon all over my head. Not a good look. Lastly the fragrance in my opinion is awful! My boyfriend agreed...it smells like flowery (bad) perfume on someone that has been dancing and sweating in a smoky club all night. Is there a smell for that? Oh my god. It's been 8 hours of smelling this and I can't wait to wash my hair and return this horrific duo to my salon.

Popular Shampoos