Frownies

Frownies

4.3

I have deep 11 lines. I've had 11s since I was a kid, all that worrying and anxiety I deal with. At 42, while my face looks overall youthful and firm, the 11s give me a "frazzled, tired, stressed" look.
I wanted Botox, desperately. A girl at work (a mere 30) gets it and it gives her this odd look. I wasn't sure if it was for me.
Thankfully I found Frownies at my local Harmons.
All I have to do it gently spritz the shiny part of the brown triangle with my makeup setting spray or any rosewater and then smooth out the 11s with my fingers. I press the triangle to the area and go to sleep. I am single so nobody has a clue.
My 11s are visibly relaxed in the morning. I guess these are simply retraining my stubborn muscles. Believe me, if it is these over Botox, I am taking these! Great product and a bix will last ages!

on 5/28/2015 11:13:00 PM

I can't believe something so simple actually works. To soften the 11 between my brows, I use 1 triangle every night. Each morning the lines are smoothed. True, the effect is temporary, but with continued use, the muscles between my eyebrows become more relaxed. Basically, those muscles aren't getting a good workout because I'm using the Frownies. But here's the catch: If I stop using them, the lines come back and the muscles toughen up again. So it's worth it to me to stick a patch of brown paper to my face every night.

I have no problem removing the patch in the morning. I dab water around the edges, wait a minute, then loosen the patch. It usually comes off easily. The only issue I DO have is an occasional clogged pore which leads to a small bump, but those go away with acne spot treatment.

on 5/14/2015 12:56:00 PM

I'm three days in and I think I've found my HG for my elevens between my eyes. I was seriously considering botox, as my lines tended to make me look grumpy and tired. Even if all these little guys do is give me a 4-6 hour smooth forehead, I'll take it. And if these truly work as advertised--as in getting rid of them and retraining the muscles over 60 days--I'll be elated. Totally worth looking like a klingon or bird or UPS package at night to avoid injecting botulism into my body. Loving these!

on 3/20/2015 5:49:00 PM

Let me tell this whole concept REALLY WORKS...BUT you need to decide for yourself what is more important for you in the future to have a wrinkle less face or... to have a husband because not everyone can handle the look :D

I don't know how people can use surgical tape. It just doesn't work for me at all. It leaves the glue behind. Few times i ripped it off together with the layer of skin, so that area was red and swollen all day long.

Bandages are better. But you need to find the type that works. Some bandages are very soft and don't hold, so you are still able to frown, some donít stay put, some are the wrong shape. The best kind i tried are the ones from Target - generic Target brand (rectangular). I usually put one bandage on the top of each eye brow. I also usually secure bandages with the surgical tape, just putting a smaller piece on the top.

Now coming back to the Frownies. I got 2 packages a few years ago. I used them maybe for a week and i didn't like them. I couldn't sleep actually. I was having nightmares when i had them on. I also thought the material is rough and i stopped using them all together.
Recently, i started noticing very pronounced '11' on the pictures and got very depressed.
I started using bandages since the bad past experience, but then i decided to give Frownies another try since i still had the old packages. I actually liked them a lot this time around. I see somewhat better results than with bandages. I feel like Frownies are doing better job in immobilizing the face.

I want to try using that glued paper from an art store instead as someone here suggested since Frownies are not cheap. Otherwise, i think i will keep purchasing those designed for the forehead.

The bottom line: if you are not concerned about traumatizing your loved ones and ready to wear something that glues to your skin religiously, the results will speak for themselves

on 12/30/2014 9:52:00 AM

I've had a box of Frownies in my bathroom vanity for over a year with only a few used. The first few times I tried these I wasn't impressed as I think I stretched my skin too much and then applied to 11 area, resulting in grooves from the paper. I quit using only after a few tries. A few days ago I developed a terrible cold and cough and when I woke up in the morning after coughing all night I scared myself! I looked like I had aged years because my 11 was so pronounced from the face I was making when coughing. I applied one of these last night and the difference is amazing! I think it really helps retrain your forehead as I find I sleep with my forehead tensed up all the time. My plan is to use these every night. I really likes these now but I will say I don't think I would ever use them under my eyes. I think the thin skin under eyes is too sensitive for these as they are a little hard too remove.

on 12/21/2014 2:58:00 PM

I read about this product on a Sephora blog, they thread was about fillers. I have a deep vertical line somehwere above my left eye almost at the begining of my eyebrow, if I had another on top of my other eye they'd be the 11 people talk about (maybe, they woud not exactly be above my nose) anyway. This product is awesome, the normal frow lines patches taht I bought I way to big since they're meant to be used across the forehead so I have to cut them in two, which is great since it gives me more product LOL. They're really effective, I am not diligent using them every night but I have seen a huge improvement already, I have acne-prone skin and these patches do not cause any reaction. I think they would even be more effective if I didn't have this line in my eyebrow so the hair makes it tricky to apply the patch correctly so I some times waste patches when the application does not work. I think it has to be the right amount of humidity on the patch for it to apply perfectly. The product is worth the money :) I feel like I have to recomend it to every one that struggle with deep wrinkles.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Mine wouldn't stay on. Granted, I have very oily skin and I'm a restless, twist n turn sleeper. The paper is too hard to conture to the face.

on 6/13/2014 6:16:00 PM

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

I am 50years old and quite obsessed about my skin and use quite a lot of anti ageing products morning and evening never missing but even with this wrinkles are appearing across my forehead and between my eyebrows slightly helped with collagen fillers so after reading about these frownies I thought why not give them a go and so pleased I did,used every night for a month amazing results, I don't use the fillers now but if I do I can honestly say my forehead looks 20years younger so I started using at side of mouth and really pleased with the results.I am still applying my usual serum eye cream and moisturiser and let them soak in for about 10 minutes then I wet the frownie before applying.The only complaint I have is the ones I use at side of mouth are difficult to tear apart so I use nail scissors to cut them,they give a good waxing if you pull them off before you soak them so 2for 1 lol.

I just had to review this product! I cant believe it actually works! OMG i have been trying to get rid my forehead wrinkles for like the longest time with botox and wrinkle fillers but unfortunately neither work on my wrinkles! But this brown piece of tape works! I was just using it like 4 hours ago and now I remove it thinking that ok it might just work for the first 15 minutes but an hour has past and no my forehead is still smooth...so I decided to apply moisturizer on my forehead and wait to see if applying that will stop what its doing and guess whatttt my forehead is still wrinkle free....i am so happy that i discovered this product! highly recommended!!!!!! although its a bit expensive though but if i ever ran out of it i will still repurchase it again:)

on 1/16/2014 4:07:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I just use Nexcare tape, or the Rite Aid knock off of Nexcare, both work well. I've never tried Frownies but didn't know where to put this review. I make an upside down triangle with several layers of the tape and place it between the eleven lines on my forehead. Smooth the skin a bit before you lay the tape on your skin. It absolutely works for this one area but you have to use it at least every other night to make a difference. Not terribly sexy if have an SO. It also gives you an idea of what Botox would look like if you're considering it.