4.5

price range

Reviews

from

6 years ago

Wow, kudos to the first reviewer...they started the review with pics and all. Nice work. I was surprised when is saw this under new reviews as I just looked it up yesterday and nothing. It looks like I wasn't the only one that was intrigued. I too got mine at Walgreens. I saw it when i was cutting through the baby aisle to check out. These were hanging on those white display strips sticking out from the aisle. The lack of beeswax in this balm is what made me break down and get it. Plus the fact that my 8 yr old son is having crazy dry skin for summer. I am trying it on myself first to see if my hyper sensitive lips get irritated, but I am only on day 2. This is hard and draggy and could use some warming up, not sure of the best way to do that yet. As is, straight out of the tube, this would hurt to drag across my sons dry spots on his face and require too much pressure for application. The stick is a fat stick because it is meant as a lip and FACE balm. You know how babies get those raw patches on their cheeks or around their mouth....this is for that. I honestly kind of hate "natural" hyped products because there is usually something in there I am allergic too like beeswax or lanolin. This does not have those. So bottom line is, nothing special at all upon application but I think the ingredients will pull alot of people in. Don't buy this if you want buttery smoothness-cause you won't get it. Buy this if the ingredients and delivery method intrigue you.

About reviewer (1197 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesBrown

from

6 years ago

I bought this at Walgreens for myself, and when I read the ingredients list I just had to get it! It doesn't have any of those other, really not-moisturizing ingredients that most balms have (i.e. mineral oil, petrolatum, beeswax) and that shea butter was on the top of the list. I love the all-natural ingredients and it is immediately soothing to my never-endingly chapped lips. It was more expensive than the lip balms I've bought in the past, but that was warranted because of the high-quality ingredients. Since shea butter is crumbly/solid at room temperature, it has to be melted a little before application (OR in my case, it heats up when I press it to my lips) so for the moms out there who are concerned that it is too hard for your baby's skin/face, you should try melting it a little on the back of your hand first. For myself, it lasts longer than any other lip balms. Even after it dries out your lips are smooth and moisturized, and you don't need to reapply unless you rub/pick your lips or wipe your face/lips after eating. So far I have high hopes for this lip balm. It is now my go-to solution for dry, cracked lips and I hope they never discontinue this product!

About reviewer (9 reviews)

Age19-24