Revlon Bold Lacquer - Non Waterproof

Revlon Bold Lacquer - Non Waterproof

2.7

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I usually love revlon's products, in fact my favourite mascara is the original grow luscious mascara. Therefore I was pretty excited to try the bold lacquer. Honestly I have never tried a mascara that was in more of a rush to flake right off. It barely lasted 5 minutes before shedding, leaving black specks underneath the eyes, like I forgot to wash off last night's regrets. I have tried it on multiple occasions in different ways (more coats, thin coats, curling before application), but of no use. I have honestly been put off buying revlon eye products from just this, wondering if the quality has deteriorated over the years (generally love revlon). I hope that this was just a bad batch (but even then, quality control ppl!). Maybe worth trying if on clearance but I wouldn't recommend, there are much better ones for a fraction of the price. I contacted customer service, will update if anything changes.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

This was the first mascara I ever had, my mum gave it to me. I have tried a lot of mascara since and this one is ok. Wouldn't pay full price but is a average mascara, try it out if it's on sale.

Overall a pretty great mascara. I usually prefer the traditional style brushes and this one is perfect. Its fairly dense, and I love that it doesn't comb right on through to my eyelids. Formula is the perfect consistency and after a few hours theres no flaking at all. It makes my thin lashes pretty full with 2 coats. I tend to have crazy watery eyes whenever its windy (and its been super windy here this week!) and after a run with my dogs these last few days I still had awesome looking lashes even though my eyes dripped tears the entire time! Beware when putting makeup on in a rush though... I got a smudge of it into my eye this morning and it burned like hot sauce! I like the packaging because it's simple and not odd shaped or bulky... one lippy was lost for frequent big clumps in the brush that need to be scraped back into the tube before application (I'd rather have too little and need to build than have too much on my brush!) Paid about $10 for a bonus pack, so I got two for the price of one.. always nice!

Would definitely repurchase!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Flaked like crazy, everywhere; making it impossible and embarrassing to wear, tried it out a few times at home and threw out as it was THAT FLAKY!! Bonus it was a freebie on a magazine, poor product choice to be promoting lol, but maybe they had surplus and couldn't sell them on the shelves

I was disappointed. I used to love the original Grow Luscious, but this one wasn't as good at all. The brush always had fibers coming off, the mascara itself was sticky, and unless I used a primer (I always use a primer if I have the time), it has faded off by the end of the day. I'm honestly surprised it wasn't good and I hope Revlon ups their game.

I greatly disliked this mascara. I had to do the wand in 3 or 4 times just for one eye. It didn't give a bold look at all, it gave a natural-no-makeup look. Not to mention, it dried out in like 2.5 months, I threw most of it out. It seemed to flake off all day and irritated my eyes. Will NOT repurchase.

on 4/11/2015 11:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

My quest for a good mascara is becoming absurd. My lashes are not that bad to begin with: they're naturally long (and usually graze my brow bone when mascara is applied, meaning anything that smudges never works for me) and naturally curl. They're average in terms of thickness, so all I really want a mascara to do is make them darker and more defined.

This mascara isn't as awful as the ratings suggest. It's better than many that I've used, but I think there could be some major improvements.

First of all, the bristle portion is too large. Second, there needs to be a bigger stopper to help filter off mascara, as there are often clumps of mascara on the bristles. I don't understand why they even make thick formula mascaras without a good filter on the tube. And third, unfortunately I get little flakes below my eyes when I use this mascara. It doesn't smudge and I don't have large flakes, but it's this strange mascara fall out that ultimately makes me not want to purchase this mascara again or recommend it.

on 4/15/2015 10:22:00 AM

Price was good, $4 on sale. But horrible product. It went on ok but didn't give my lashes any benefits other than darken them. Then it flaked! I have NEVER had a mascara flake on me throughout the day! At the end of the day I rubbed my eyes once and my fiance said I looked like a raccoon! So disappointed!

on 6/29/2015 8:29:00 AM

No problems with this mascara. Ok for a drugstore brand. Nothing fabulous. Great for everyday use.

on 4/28/2015 2:13:00 PM

Thought I'd give revlon mascara a try as I really haven't in the past. I don't know why this is rated so low because it was pretty good for me! This mascara is a fiber mascara and you can see the fibers on the wand when applying. It is a dry formula and fries fast. You gotta work fast with it. It made my lashes more long than full but made for a more natural lash look good for work. I actually like this mascara more than expected. It doesn't flake in my eyes and doesn't clump. Not bad at all.