L'Oreal Collection Privée- Doutzen's Nude

No Image

3.6

Doutzen's Nude is a sheer baby pink with an iridescence frost

I typically don't mind sheer lipsticks, but this is VERY sheer. If you look at the ad this lipsticklooks really thick on Doutzen who's modeling it, so L'oreal must have used a lot of Photoshop or lipgloss on top to make this look opaque. This is part of the Privee Nude Collection and it feels like L'oreal is trying to come off as high end with the name and packaging, but a lipstick this sheer is reminiscent of a gloss or tinted balm.

Sheerness aside, after building this up with TONS of swipes it's a gorgeous icy pink. The frost isn't the1980s glitter, but rather a pretty iridescence! Since it's so sheer, the formula has gotten used up fast compared to my other lippies because it requires LOTS of swipes for the pretty color to show. If it weren't so pretty I'd give it 1 lippie out of 5, but I have such a soft spot for how it looks after all the effort of applying it. Ultimately I won't rebuy since it's not worth the fuss, but I enjoyed how it looked on me nonetheless.This is one of the cheapest of the Privee collection (assuming it was lowered due to poor reviews over sheerness) so I'm not that disappointed considering I didn't pay much.

Love this color! The feel is amazing! It goes on smooth, lasts all day, doesn't feel sicky, and I love how it is slightly matte! I had never heard of Doutzen before I bought the lipstick, I picked it for the color, and I think that might have been more helpful because it seems like that's the reason most people bought it. Would definitely repurchase.

This is hooker lipstick. Enough said.
I hate to be *that* person who doesn't allocate a certain amount of time to use the product before reviewing it, but I couldn't handle wearing this lipstick for real. Now, I love Doutzen Kroes. She's probably my favorite VS Angel. The color for her "prive" lipstick looked very beautiful in the tube; it looked like a nice, warm pinky nude to flatter my natural lips. However, I applied it, and I was literally shocked at what it actually looked like.
Where did all the white frostiness come from???
If you look at the tube, you will be deceived, since there is literally no hint of frostiness in the lipstick before you put it on. I could hardly even see the pink on my lips; all I got was almost white sheen. When it set, I could detect the pink base in the background...but it was still majorly overwhelmed by the white frosty shine. It was just an overly cool-toned lipstick, and the light shade makes it unflattering to the extreme and unwearable with my warm skin tone. It's literally lighter than my skin. That's just the biggest no-go for me.
Other than that, its texture was actually really smooth and it didn't feel dry on my lips. Its packaging is a beautiful matte black, which is a pleasant step away from the conventional L'Oreal shiny tube. Plus, the staying power is decent and comfortable, and it's priced way under $10.
Honestly, I'm very disappointed with this shade in particular, and I will probably never wear it. However, the quality of the lipstick is great from what it seemed, so I might give the rest of the line a try. Sorry, Doutzen.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

I was super exited to try this its a very light pink.. im sure it would look good on blondes but i have brown hair and tan skin it looked a bit to frosty and kind of washed me out. Doutzen is very pale and blonde im guessing it might work better on that kind of person. I am thinking of trying evas nude though.

beautiful packaging, very soft and creamy lipstick.. however the color leaves a white cast on my lips and is very sheer

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I bought this lipstick because Doutzen always has the most beautiful light pinky nude lips and who doesn't want that?! This fell short for me though. I have light skin with cool undertones so this shade should have theoretically worked for me but it was so icy and odd and looked like I was bringing '88 back (lol). I also found that it applied really unevenly and was very sheer. The only reason I'm rating this 2 stars is because the formula is moisturizing and the packaging is gorgeous.

Pale pink, icy. Way too light for even a moderate tan like I have right now, but that's my fault for picking something too pale for me but it could be perfect for you. I'll use it up as a bit of shine over other lipsticks.

on 8/2/2014 3:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Doutzen's nude is a pale shimmery pink-nude lipstick. The formula is thinner then the colour riche. It goes softly on the application . I pair it with petal infallible lip gloss. That way it stays on longer! Love it!

on 7/2/2014 11:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is the perfect soft pink lipstick. It is not too metallic or too white. Many soft pink lipsticks go on with too much of a white cast and / or metallic cast to them, even though they look pink in the tube. This one absolutely does not do that, and it is very soft and sexy. I can put this one on right from the tube, and not have to alter or adjust the shade at all with other products. With other light pink lipsticks that I have, I usually have to alter a bit after I have applied by dabbing with something else to adjust the color somewhat, but not with this one. It's beautiful all on its own.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

This was purchased on a whim, since I tend to only get higher end lipsticks these days, I have developed an expensive taste and drugstore lipsticks don't do it much for me anymore, but I liked the look of Doutzen's nude and so therefore purchased it, and I don't regret it.
When I buy nude lipsticks I tend to get pink based nudes, seeing as if I get true nude shades I look like I have no lips, and that doesn't really look good on anyone I don't believe. Doutzen's nude is the PERFECT nude for me for when I want to do statement eye looks and need a lipstick that won't overpower the effect. It is a very, very light iced baby pink shade, when swatched and held up to the light it also flashes a very pale iridescent white gold shimmer. It is super duper gorgeous, and I am very impressed.
It wears really well for a drugstore lipsticks too, I only had to reapply a couple of times after drinking. This is a shade I rely on if I'm going for a night out and want to do some clubbing make up with smokey eyes.
I think the only thing that lets it down is that you don't get a lot of product, which means I blew through it quite quickly, and L'Oreal is not the cheapest drugstore brand in the world so it makes it a little bit annoying. Other than that, its really good.
Overall, I would most definitely recommend and repurchase.