The Body Shop Coconut Body Butter

4.1

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Cyclomethicone, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Glycerin, Theobroma cacao (Cocoa) Butter, Clyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Lanolin Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Xanthan Gum, Benzyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Caramel.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

These are ~$7 for the travel size B.B. on Ebay & approx $20+ for the regular sized some of them so I bought the travel sized thinking it would be suitable for my bag (it is a good size). I had a full sized TBS B.B. way back a long time ago geez like ten+ years ago from NYC store & I remember it smelling much stronger than this 1. This 1 is more subtle so I think it’s been reformulated as they tend to do that; but it’s not as good. I ordered strawberry & vanilla pumpkin I haven’t received yet but it will be a “no” on rebuy for coconut for me. I’m going to buy the banana 1 the next time I’m in Ulta too those are all my fave scents but I hope they smell more intense. This smells nice like coppertone & coconut just not strong like I’d like it to. It’s a treat for my calloused hands. It soaks I’m pretty good I have a problem w lotions/B.B. not soaking in & that annoys me but I’m glad this absorbs well. The packaging inherently is prone to infecting but I reserve it for my own personal use it’s my own germs lol mine was all slidden to the side it’s not thin it’s thick it’s nice I will still give it 5/5 over all, 3/5 price; 5/5 packaging as you know what you are getting into & my frugal heart sings that you can use up every last bit!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I didn't feel it had much moisturizing properties at all. It was greasy, but my skin was still dry. My hands still felt parched. The scent is beautiful and the packaging is also, but for $21, this is a pass for me. The size was generous, but if it doesn't work, what does the quantity matter? I'll just buy the eu de toilett and enjoy the fragrance.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

I love the consistency of this stuff, it does a good job of moisturizing my body. However, I don't love the smell. I love coconut but this one seems like... just a cheap imitation of coconut. It's not a bad smell, just not one that I love. I will use it all up but won't repurchase.

I bought this at a sale hoping it would be a natural coconut smell. I also kind of like that suntan lotion smell with a hint of coconut, but the scent for this lotion falls flat. It smells synthetic and like play-doh. I was taken aback by this unpleasant scent, but I do not like to waste product, so I am almost finished with this. I haven't changed my mind about it and won't be repurchasing. I also think that the jar packaging harbors bacteria and is a bit of an annoyance to use. The product itself has a strange texture. It gets kind of lumpy and doesn't melt on the skin and takes a bit of rubbing. A body "butter" should actually resemble butter...at least I think so. It helps to rub the product between the palms to warm it up. It also doesn't moisturize incredibly well for the price, so I think there are way better options out there.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This smells so good, one of my favorite scents. It's a great body butter as well, leaves my skin baby soft and moisturized. I use it in the summer after a day out in the sun and in the winter for deep hydration and a scent pick me up. Actually, I love it year round haha

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

My absolute favorite body butter. It moisturizes so well and smells delicious! A really nice tropical scent that I can't get enough of. Literally no cons for me on this one. Repurchased over and over!

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I received this and the coconut hand cream as a gift. I found the coconut scent to be overpowering. And it lingers. I do not want to smell like synthetic coconut and play-doh all through the night, so I actually had to rinse this off. I am also not impressed with this silicone based formula. It is greasy and not hydrating.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have keratosis pilaris (KP) - also known as permanent chicken skin/goosebumps on my arms. The best ever moisturizer for my KP is real coconut oil. (You know - in a jar, from the grocery store). But, that can be messy and greasy when it is the summer and you are wearing short sleeves.

I bought the Body Shop Coconut Butter on a whim because it smells great, and I needed something more convenient than real coconut oil for a quick moisturizer. I am not going to lie - it smells good enough to eat. I love the scent - not quite suntan lotion but leaning more toward coconut cream pie.

So, I have been slathering it on my arms every night. (I also use a weekly sugar scrub on my KP), and the body butter is very good. It is very moisturizing, and the moisture lasts until the morning. It is still not as great as real coconut oil, but I would buy it again. The Body Shop butter also works great on dry knees and elbows. Added bonus, I am getting more nighttime cuddles from my husband because I smell so good!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Hands down one of my fave body butters leaves my skin hydrated and glowing. Will try other scents , but this one is perfect for summer, true warm coconut scent like suntan lotion.

Smells gorgeous and moisturises nicely; much better value when bought with one of BS's 40% off deals as otherwise it works out quite pricey.

Popular Lotions / Creams