The Body Shop Coconut Body Butter

4.1

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Cyclomethicone, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Glycerin, Theobroma cacao (Cocoa) Butter, Clyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Lanolin Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Xanthan Gum, Benzyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Caramel.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I received this and the coconut hand cream as a gift. I found the coconut scent to be overpowering. And it lingers. I do not want to smell like synthetic coconut and play-doh all through the night, so I actually had to rinse this off. I am also not impressed with this silicone based formula. It is greasy and not hydrating.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have keratosis pilaris (KP) - also known as permanent chicken skin/goosebumps on my arms. The best ever moisturizer for my KP is real coconut oil. (You know - in a jar, from the grocery store). But, that can be messy and greasy when it is the summer and you are wearing short sleeves.

I bought the Body Shop Coconut Butter on a whim because it smells great, and I needed something more convenient than real coconut oil for a quick moisturizer. I am not going to lie - it smells good enough to eat. I love the scent - not quite suntan lotion but leaning more toward coconut cream pie.

So, I have been slathering it on my arms every night. (I also use a weekly sugar scrub on my KP), and the body butter is very good. It is very moisturizing, and the moisture lasts until the morning. It is still not as great as real coconut oil, but I would buy it again. The Body Shop butter also works great on dry knees and elbows. Added bonus, I am getting more nighttime cuddles from my husband because I smell so good!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Hands down one of my fave body butters leaves my skin hydrated and glowing. Will try other scents , but this one is perfect for summer, true warm coconut scent like suntan lotion.

Smells gorgeous and moisturises nicely; much better value when bought with one of BS's 40% off deals as otherwise it works out quite pricey.

I really like their body butters and this one smells great. I love anything with a coconut scent.

HG body butter. Smells so good and leaves my body soft and supple. Will always repurchase.

Change of formula!! :(

Body Shop Coconut Butter 200ml £14

This review relates to coconut butter purchased in the uk - the us may still have the old formula as of now.

I have used the Body Shop's Coconut body butter for years and absolutely loved it, it was amazing for dry skin conditions - even patches of dermatitis - and hydrated without any irritation. It also had a beautifully natural coconut smell. However it has now been reformulated - with no mention on the packaging or in store - and has dropped drastically in quality. As U said there was nothing to indicate this & if I hadn't had an old pot left I wouldn't have been able to compare ingredients lists. Unfortunately what was once a smooth butter is now a waxier, firmer (almost hard) cream. It seems to mimic the feel of real coconut butter but without its smell or nourishing/hydrating quality. The smell of this, particularly as it dries down has an almost air freshener quality, Ok at first it very quickly fades to smell like a cheap coconut car freshener With a lingering background of cooking fat. Not great. In fact pretty awful. In terms of moisturising, Instead of hydrating it seems to sit on the skin for a few minutes leaving a waxy sheen but doesn't have the same long lasting moisturising effect and rather than smoothing over time my skin was rougher as if it brought me out in small bumps - I'm not sure if that was due to irritation or just blocked pores. (The new addition of beeswax and caprylyl glycol may irritate some skins). Overall I'm gutted - I loved this cream, it smelled great, was really hydrating and it solved the dry scaly skin on my elbows permanently - that was until this new version. So sorry to see it so changed. Was a lifesaver now will have to look elsewhere.

This is one of my favorite body products; it's smooth, creamy, and smells nice without being overpowering and over-perfumed. I've tried some of the other scents, such as shea, and I'm thinking of trying the fuji green tea, but coconut is a tried-and-true classic that I would recommend to anyone. My one problem with this is the packaging; I wish it were more tightly sealed in the shops because I had an unfortunate situation where I accidentally bought a tin that had clearly already been "tested" (even though it was not marked "tester.") Not pleasant. Overall though, it's a great product that I will buy again and again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I totally loooove this smell! It sinks into the skin fast, it feels good on the skin and there's nothing to hate with it really. Maybe a bit expensive, but I think it's worth it. I love the small containers for travelling to, perfect! :)

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I especially enjoy applying this to my legs. It leaves them so soft and supple feeling. The texture is like a thick creamy balm that melts into your skin as your applying it. The scent is a yummy warm tropical coconut.