Quo Luxury Cotton Facial Pads

Quo Luxury Cotton Facial Pads
Luxury Cotton Facial Pads

3.9

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I never figured out what these were and usually buy the cotton rounds from QUO or Joe fresh. I tried these ones one day and fell in love! They are about 5c each and are just big soft cotton pads. So much nicer around the eyes than the cotton rounds.

If you haven't tried them yet you really have to give them a go.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Never having tried the Shiseido cotton pads (they are way too expensive for me to justify purchasing although I might just pick up a pack when redeeming SDM points sometime) I wanted to try a softer alternative to the typical Delon+ cotton rounds I use from Costco, enter Quo Luxury Cotton Facial Pads...

I was surprised when opening the package at just how thick each individual pad is. These are indeed luxurious and just what I wanted for applying toner. I have also split these in half as they soak up less product this way yet are still sturdy enough to apply toner. They are not that inexpensive considering there are only 165 in a package but they are softer on the skin than the typical cotton rounds so I will continue purchasing.

on 8/13/2015 8:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I purchased those, as probably everyone did, to try to find an alternative to Shiseido awfully expensive cotton pads; because who is crazy enough to pay that much for cotton pads, right? However, I must say that I am one of the crazy person that will go back to Shiseido because these are simply not the same. Yes they are soft, yes they are fluffy, and yes they are square, but once you have tried the Shiseido, you can't go back to anything else! Can you believe that those scratch my little under eye skin and make me cringe because they are not... soft enough? YES I'M OFFICIALLY A PRINCESS, I KNOW, I'M SORRY :(

If you never tried the Shiseido square cotton pads, then buy those one and you will be happy, they will be soft and fluffy and fun. If you are already hooked on Shiseido, then my advice is to pass those, as they will not live up to the bar that Shiseido put wayyyy too high. Sorry :( They still get 3 lippies because they are good, but they are not Shiseido....

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Contrary to some of the earlier reviews, I think these are a pretty good alternative to the Shiseido cotton squares (and, yes, I have both so can truly compare them). They might be a bit thicker (and soak up a bit more product) and might be slightly less soft but for the price difference, I find them a pretty decent option if you're looking for something less costly than the Shiseido ones (which I tend to save for when I really need them or I'm using a pricier makeup remover); for every day, with my cheaper eye makeup removers, these do a great job and one square will work for both eyes and then some.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I pay about $3-4 for the round/oval cotton pads, come in a roll of 80-100. The organic ones are up to $5 for only 100. Most of these really suck for the heavy-makeup users. And they're quite small (even for asian eyes like mine). On the days I have heavy eye shadow, Too-Faced Better Than Sex mascara, and also brow shadow, I'd use two pads. So one roll will last 1-2 months max.

This Quo luxury pack is about $5 (sale) to $7 (original price) for 165 pads. They're also bigger and stronger, so 1 pad clears my heavy eye-makeup. With daily use, I could go for 5-6 months.

The Shiseido pads are $11 in Canada, so only a few dollars more. They are softer and more luxurious.

So for me, personally, I am LOVING the Quo luxury pads!! They're comfy, soft, and thicker than oval cotton pads. One pad can soak a lot of olive oil (which is what I use to remove eye makeup). Feels amazing coming from a long history of oval cotton pads.

Quo luxury cotton pads are remarkably resembles to the Shiseido cotton pads. The shape, size and the packaging are almost identical. And both of them are 165 pads in three stacks. But Quo's are not as soft as the Shiseido. There is minor different between their quality. I would prob repurchase them again when they are on sale.

If you are buying these as a cost effective alternative to the Shiseido cotton - I wouldn't. The quality is not comparable to what you get for a few dollars more in Shi. These shred/fluff significantly. If I pull out two pads and want to seperate them carefully, there is still a layer that lifts off the pad. They would be okay for nail polish removal, but for face products I would pass.

A cotton pad. The simple, humble cotton pad. Up until recently I didn't put too much thought into the quality of them. As a matter fact, I bought them at the dollar store because why would I spend more than a dollar on cotton rounds…then THESE.

I bought them because I am an optimum point hoarder and they had a 20x the points incentive. At $7.50, a considerable markup from my usual. So worth it. They are divine. I use less product and didn't realize just how scratchy a cheapie cotton round could be. Love the square shape. They are soft, yo! They don't leave leftover fluff and maintain their shape and don't disintegrate.

I ran out and have just repurchased. Only gave four stars on account of the price is just a scootch too much for me to be five star pleased...but I'll never go back to dollar store cotton pads again.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools