BeneFit Cosmetics They're Real Push-Up Eyeliner

They're Real Push-Up Eyeliner

2.2

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

From today, Benefit brand is officially on my black list.
I tried their mascaras and brow products, now the eyeliner and every one gave my eyes serious irritation and redness.
I put the eyeliner on, last evening, just to try it out and an hour later my eyelids were red, itchy and puffy.
I got this in a travel size, tested on my hand about a month ago and yesterday used for the first time on my upper lash line.

First issue: When if firt tetested it on my hand, the consistency was like a silky-smooth paste, which glided easily, leaving smooth line, however afetr one month, even properly sealed, the eyeliner dried out, so it looked more like an eye pencil impossible to use - it was breaking out, flaking, etc. I needed to squeeze a lot of the rubber tip to get into the smooth paste inside.

Good thing: the application was easy after I got into the proper consistency. I could draw a precise, thin line or a bold, graphic one. Great.

Second issue: after an hour or so my eyelids started to be very itchy, red and puffy

third issue: After this hour it started to smear all over my eyelid. I did a test with Marc Jacob gel-pencil eyeliner and this one, the Marc's was far more resistant to smudging.

Fourth issue: I tried to remove this stuff, and it is not that easy. Bioderma and La Roche micellar waters failed, Nivea bi-phase makeup remover (in a black bottle) also failed. MAC oil remover performed the best, but still, after cleansing my face I got black circles around my eyes.

DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME!

on 4/5/2018 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Don’t like this at all

on 4/4/2018 9:44:00 PM

I really loved the concept of this eyeliner. The problem is that the product would come up a little bit, but not enough to make it smoothly across my lid. If I pushed up more product, it would break off from the pressure against my eyelid. Just couldn't get it to work.

on 1/19/2018 11:18:00 AM

Worst liner I've ever used in my life. It's extremely dry and not creamy at all, which makes that putting it on the lash line pulls the skin and distributes uneven and patchy. A complete waste of my money. It really doesn't work, maybe if you poke your eye out while making an effort, it does.

on 12/14/2017 2:20:00 PM

What an awful eyeliner! Awful is an understatement. Can't believe I wasted my hard earned money on this. I'll stick to my drugstore ones. Every time you use it, you have to keep twisting it. It takes forever for product to come out and when it does it's a complete mess. I don't know about the rest of the population but I'm going to venture a guess and say no one has time to deal with this when they're in a rush in the early morning. Eyeliner should be one of the simpler steps. I must have hit my head when I decided to purchase this. The only reason I kept using it was because it was expensive and I didn't want to completely waste it. The tip is rubber and completely tugs on my eyelids so I can't get the perfect winged liner. Excuse me but I'm not trying to get premature wrinkles. If that's what you want, this eyeliner will do the trick. I'm sorry to say this but I've never hated an eyeliner so much. Usually the problem with eyeliners I have is that it smudges. Nope, this is much worse than I ever expected. Save your money and skip on this one guys!

on 11/24/2017 2:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

In contrast to many of the reviews I've read on here, I have never found an easier eyeliner to apply. Of all of the gel liners I have tried, this one - by far - is the easiest with which to make a neat line. It's also the only gel liner that comes out looking exactly the same on each eye. (Usually one eye has a ton of liner, and the other has the perfect amount. This one is so easy, you get a perfect line on each eye.) It stays put ALL DAY.

HOWEVER, I get a terrible allergic reaction from it. I've been too stubborn to admit it was the product, so have tried 5-6 different tubes, purchased at different locations, hoping I could find one that wouldn't make my eyes red, itchy and puffy. (I thought I had pink eye the first time it happened. By the second time, my ophthalmologist just told me to ride out whatever was going on b/c it was NOT pink eye.) So disappointed.

on 8/22/2017 2:18:00 PM

This eyeliner is the worst - you twist it and nothing comes out, twist again and it all comes out in a slug, making it totally unusable - you have to wipe it away and start again. The applicator is awful and makes it hard to draw a straight line. If you make a mistake it's also impossible to wipe it away - on the plus side (the only plus) if by some miracle you do manage to get it to look good, it stays put all day with no transfering onto the top of the eyelid. But then it's really difficult to get off at the end of the day. Basically, save your money!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I was sold to this product when I first saw the advertising.... a super black, matte gel liner in a pen format? GOSH, I HAD TO HAVE IT!

Without even swatching it in the store, I took it straight to the counter and left home to "enjoy my baby"...

THIS IS THE WORSTLINER IN HISTORY! The tip bends way too much to create a perfect line, the product is super dry, it flakes of your eyelid before you're even done with the application. Is hard to get the product out the tip... you start twisting the mechanism and it seems like nothing's coming out, so you keep twisting... then, all of the sudden TONS of product comes out and dries before you start tracing.

I would not recommend this to ANYONE, not even my worse enemy, that's how bad this thing is

It was a great disappointment to me.. it was dry and doesn't draw well !!

on 4/13/2017 7:23:00 AM

I really wanted to like this liner! I had a bit of an eyeliner disaster on the way to work one day so picked this up as I fancied trying it to fix what I had going on at the time.
I found that the push up was quite temperamental, as I could be twisting it for ages with nothing coming out and then find that too much came out all at once.
I love the idea of the angled tip and it did help (sort of) with a cat eye, however the liner itself was pretty crumbly, and I had a fair bit of wastage just trying to apply it. Getting it off was the real bone of contention for me. It was absolute murder trying to get it off cleanly! Granted, this meant that the liner had some serious staying power, but I dreaded having to try and take it off.
I probably wouldn't buy this product again, and have really only been using this product when literally all else fails.