Acure Organics Dry Shampoo

Acure Organics Dry Shampoo

Organic Corn Starch (non GMO), French White Clay (Kaolin), Oat Flour, Slippery Elm Bark Flour, Argania spinosa (Argan) Stem Cells,Ubiquinone (CoQ10), Lavender essential oil, chamomile essential oil

on 8/2/2014 9:07:00 PM

I am leery of spraying alcohol at my hair (nearly all spray dry shampoos have SD-Alcohol as a main ingredient) so I've been looking at non-aerosol dry shampoos. This compares very favorably to the pricier and better-known Oscar Blandi dry shampoo. Unlike the Blandi and a lot of dry shampoos out there, this has a very mild, natural lavender scent, which I prefer over strong, artificial perfumes. The packaging is fine. I never squirt dry shampoo directly from the bottle anyway, so I don't really care about the delivery method.

The texture is non-gritty and fine. I have dark hair and if used properly, this does not leave a white cast. I tap this onto my fingertips, rub them together lightly, then massage the product into my roots. I'll do other things like put on makeup or brush my teeth, which gives the product time to absorb any excess oil. Then I thoroughly brush my hair. I can definitely feel the product in my roots if I run my fingers over my scalp, but it is not at all visible. TIP: This works best if you apply it the night before and let it sit in your hair all night before brushing it.

This stuff is effective and makes my hair look freshly washed on the second day. I don't go more than two days without washing my hair, so I can't tell you how this performs over more days. It also gives amazing volume (maybe due to the french clay) so it can be used as a styling product as well.

The argan stem cells are just a gimmick and I doubt they actually do anything to improve your hair. But the product is a very nice dry shampoo/volumizer and the price is pretty reasonable at around $12 for 1.7 oz. I use probably less than a teaspoon each time so I think it's a good value, especially compared to similar products by Oscar Blandi ($11 for 1 oz) and Klorane ($19 for 1.7 oz).

on 6/4/2014 8:47:00 AM

I like this better than all of the dry shampoos that I have tried combined. I like that this actually works, is available at a reasonable price point, and does not involve spraying butane on my head. It takes some practice working the powder into you hair, but once you have gotten the technique down, it is easy to manage. This is the only dry shampoo I will invest in.

Top Rated Dry Shampoo