3.8

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 months ago

Used to use Batiste for Brunette hair but it's $8 a can, would run out within one week because I use dry shampoo on the daily, and it would leave horrible color residue that would drip or look weird when I sweat, get rain water on my hair and it would gunk up my shower and sleeping caps! Enter Acure: I got the original "light" version off of amazon for $8 and wow! My hair is left so soft, no residue anywhere, zero white cast and this bad boy lasts me a whole month and a half before I need to repurchase!

About reviewer (424 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinVery Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

2 years ago

This is actually my first dry shampoo I’ve ever tried. I only use natural products and I there aren’t very many options when it comes to natural dry shampoos. I have the one meant for dark hair, so you it has a pink tint. I literally just put my hair in a bun, tip the bottle upside down, and shake it onto my hair. It can be a little messy but I’m usually in a hurry when I’m using the product haha. After that I take my bun out and start working the powder into my roots with my hands. Just basically shaking my hair rapidly. I’ll the brush my roots with my wooden hair brush. It honestly makes my hair look even better than when it’s just normal clean. Like, it gives it so much volume. I also have dark brown hair and after I’ve worked it in and shaken my hair up you can’t tell at all. Love it!

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinVery Dry, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

1.0

2 years ago

Unfortunately didn't work for me. I liked the idea of a powder as opposed to aerosol, but this at first did nothing then throughout the course of the day made my hair look a lot worse. Stringy and even greasier looking than before.

About reviewer (19 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

6 years ago

I am leery of spraying alcohol at my hair (nearly all spray dry shampoos have SD-Alcohol as a main ingredient) so I've been looking at non-aerosol dry shampoos. This compares very favorably to the pricier and better-known Oscar Blandi dry shampoo. Unlike the Blandi and a lot of dry shampoos out there, this has a very mild, natural lavender scent, which I prefer over strong, artificial perfumes. The packaging is fine. I never squirt dry shampoo directly from the bottle anyway, so I don't really care about the delivery method. The texture is non-gritty and fine. I have dark hair and if used properly, this does not leave a white cast. I tap this onto my fingertips, rub them together lightly, then massage the product into my roots. I'll do other things like put on makeup or brush my teeth, which gives the product time to absorb any excess oil. Then I thoroughly brush my hair. I can definitely feel the product in my roots if I run my fingers over my scalp, but it is not at all visible. TIP: This works best if you apply it the night before and let it sit in your hair all night before brushing it. This stuff is effective and makes my hair look freshly washed on the second day. I don't go more than two days without washing my hair, so I can't tell you how this performs over more days. It also gives amazing volume (maybe due to the french clay) so it can be used as a styling product as well. The argan stem cells are just a gimmick and I doubt they actually do anything to improve your hair. But the product is a very nice dry shampoo/volumizer and the price is pretty reasonable at around $12 for 1.7 oz. I use probably less than a teaspoon each time so I think it's a good value, especially compared to similar products by Oscar Blandi ($11 for 1 oz) and Klorane ($19 for 1.7 oz).

About reviewer (2540 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

6 years ago

I like this better than all of the dry shampoos that I have tried combined. I like that this actually works, is available at a reasonable price point, and does not involve spraying butane on my head. It takes some practice working the powder into you hair, but once you have gotten the technique down, it is easy to manage. This is the only dry shampoo I will invest in.

About reviewer (1756 reviews)

Age25-29