Schmidt's Natural Deodorant in Bergamot Lime

Schmidt's Natural Deodorant in Bergamot Lime

3.2

I guess my hormones changed around 40 because regular deo no longer works. I was stinking and it was horrible! So i started making my own baking soda, witch hazel deo that works great but i dont always want to make it. So, i tried this natural deo and it worked AWESOME for 2 days. Today, my pits are raw, red and sooo tender, i am in agony. I dont know why a natural deo would do this to me but it has. I wonder if the charcoal wouldve been better than the lime? Anyway, Im sure it all depends on body chemistry and i really wanted this to work for its convenience and natural ingredients.

on 5/10/2018 3:32:00 PM

I bought the lime fragrance at Costo a few weeks ago. After about 2 weeks of use I developed small cysts in my armpits. I read some of your reviews and found out others had the same problem. I will be taking this product back to Costo for a refund.

on 5/9/2018 12:17:00 AM

This was the first “scent” of Schmidt’s I used. I really liked it but it did irritate my underarms slightly after shaving, but nothing too crazy. Then they came out with the Rose/vanilla, which I later found at Costco. I had no issues with the first one I bought from Target, but for some reason once I got into the 3-pack from Costco, I started getting horrible painful zits in my armpits!! Some would be small like whiteheads, but then I started getting huge cysts that were really painful! I’m really bummed because I loved the smell of the rose/vanilla and it worked fairly well (you’ll still sweat, but it won’t smell) I think it may be the baking soda as I’ve seen other reviewers that had the same issue. :/ Unfortunately I’ve switched back to Secret, but thankfully no more breakouts!! I may end up trying the sensitive skin formula to see if that makes a difference, but for now it’s back to regular antiperspirant :(

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Pretty on the fence with this product and I've been using it for about 8 months now.

First off, the smell is lovely, like a sweet and aromatic lime, refreshing citrus that isn't sharp or tangy and does not smell like cleaning products or dessert. Feels like quite a luxurious smell actually. I love it, and I occasionally catch a whiff of it during the day which makes me happy.

Second, it works. It's a good deodorant that keeps the stink away for the whole day, and you also don't need much! Please don't expect it to stop the sweat, that is NOT what this product is for.

Now for the bad stuff. I hate the texture. Hate it so much. You have to warm it up on your skin to get it to be soft and smooth enough to apply, and frankly I'm really impatient because I feel like it can take a while sometimes. Also, it applies rather invisible in the beginning, but over time it starts to collect it the 'wrinkles' or folds in your underarm, which means you can't wear sleeveless tops with this. You'd get very visible off white lines on your underarm. It doesn't show up if you use less, but using less also means that the product is less effective.

The texture bothers me enough that I will not repurchase. Such a shame, because the price, fragrance and effectiveness are unbeatable.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I loved it at first because it was really controlling perspiration and I never smelled bad. Whereas with traditional deodorants I would still sweat (but not smell), I felt like this one did a better job. You have to warm it up a bit by pressing it against your armpits for a few seconds because it drags a lot and feels rough otherwise. However, I started getting horrible, painful bumps under my armpits. AT first they were just several red bumps, then bigger "cysts", so I switched by to my old deodorant. When I gave this another try, I had such a painful, huge blister under my left armpit that it would hurt every time I was moving my arm around. It took one entire week to disappear after I stopped using the product. At this point, I couldn't have even used it because of the pain. I don't have sensitive skin, but I think baking soda can be extremely irritating with daily use. I'll give the sensitive formulation a shot.

I bought this product because I liked the smell, it doesn't contain aluminum and it's natural. I've been using it for about 6 weeks and now I have dark underarm skin. I'm really upset about this because it was really taking care of my excessive odor. I don't know if I should switch to another scent or maybe the one for sensative skin. Major Bummer!!!

on 12/20/2017 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

I've tried countless natural deodorants over the years and admittedly this one worked well from an odor protection standpoint. By itself, it smells good in a tropical drink sort of way. However, it is sticky and gritty which was uncomfortable, it irritated my skin terribly, and it somehow managed to build up along the top and lid of the container which made a huge mess before it ultimately fell out of the stick entirely and shattered on my bathroom floor - and not just the last little bit, it was still relatively full. It was also a bit stiff to apply - if I applied several swipes with pressure, it eventually warmed up and went on more easily. This was also one of the more expensive natural deodorants I tried, so I certainly expected better performance.

At first I bought the original deodorant, it worked amazingly well but it gave me an itchy rash. I have been using natural deodorant for over a year, so this had nothing to do with detoxing. I then purchased 2 of the sensitive skin formula and they are by no means equal in efficiency. Geranium works ok but does not last all day, must be reapplied. I also purchased the pineapple coconut and it works so much better than the geranium, lasts all day. The packaging on 2 of the 3 sticks purchased are horrible and extremely hard to twist up. Overall, this is the best natural deodorant I have ever purchased. I can only use the sensitive skin formula, which is fine, but the different scents seem to work differently. If the sticks were able to be twisted up easily , and all scents were effective, I would give 5 stars.

on 9/1/2017 9:40:00 PM

Love the smell. Even love the grittyness. Don't love that it leaves me with moist armpits. And it crumbles. I hate that I won't be able to buy this again.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

The smell is amazing, the application was expected due to its consistency. I was fine using the product for about 3 days before i started having rashy swollen armpits. And as soon as the reaction started i knew what the culprit was...the baking soda in the deodorant. The amount of baking soda in the product causes a reaction and causes me to have painful, itchy, swollen pits. Stopped using the product and all is well. Some people "say" that the rash is your body purging from older forms of deodorant used such as ones with aluminum in them. But i can say for sure that, that isn't correct for me. Because i havent used a deodorant with aluminum in it in almost 2 years. Also, when i used a mixture of coconut oil and baking soda i had the same reaction...so yea, its the baking soda. I only have this reaction when using deodorants with baking soda in them. If your body can tolerate the extended exposure to baking soda i say go for it because i didnt have smelly pits and the smell is amazing(it does wear off throughout the day). I found mine at target.

Popular Deodorants