Schmidt's Natural Deodorant in Bergamot Lime

Schmidt's Natural Deodorant in Bergamot Lime

3.8

At first I bought the original deodorant, it worked amazingly well but it gave me an itchy rash. I have been using natural deodorant for over a year, so this had nothing to do with detoxing. I then purchased 2 of the sensitive skin formula and they are by no means equal in efficiency. Geranium works ok but does not last all day, must be reapplied. I also purchased the pineapple coconut and it works so much better than the geranium, lasts all day. The packaging on 2 of the 3 sticks purchased are horrible and extremely hard to twist up. Overall, this is the best natural deodorant I have ever purchased. I can only use the sensitive skin formula, which is fine, but the different scents seem to work differently. If the sticks were able to be twisted up easily , and all scents were effective, I would give 5 stars.

on 9/1/2017 9:40:00 PM

Love the smell. Even love the grittyness. Don't love that it leaves me with moist armpits. And it crumbles. I hate that I won't be able to buy this again.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

The smell is amazing, the application was expected due to its consistency. I was fine using the product for about 3 days before i started having rashy swollen armpits. And as soon as the reaction started i knew what the culprit was...the baking soda in the deodorant. The amount of baking soda in the product causes a reaction and causes me to have painful, itchy, swollen pits. Stopped using the product and all is well. Some people "say" that the rash is your body purging from older forms of deodorant used such as ones with aluminum in them. But i can say for sure that, that isn't correct for me. Because i havent used a deodorant with aluminum in it in almost 2 years. Also, when i used a mixture of coconut oil and baking soda i had the same reaction...so yea, its the baking soda. I only have this reaction when using deodorants with baking soda in them. If your body can tolerate the extended exposure to baking soda i say go for it because i didnt have smelly pits and the smell is amazing(it does wear off throughout the day). I found mine at target.

on 7/19/2017 1:51:00 PM

I love love love the smell of this, and this deodorant works great as a deodorant. I never smell bad when wearing it. It is not an anti perspirant, so I expected to sweat a little with it. However, it is HORRIBLE at staying invisible. It always cakes in my underarm and gets on my clothes. I tried the vanilla rose one too, and that one was even worse. It came off in little clumps and chunks on me, no matter if I used it cool or warm. I can't use this on sleeveless days, which happen a lot in the summer. I would buy again for cooler weather, but it just does not work well for me in summer.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is good stuff! Everything at the drugstore became ineffective after I turned 35 (hormones, maybe?), and I turned to natural deodorants to try to combat stinkiness. Some worked well, some didn't work at all (to my horror), and some were just OK. I whipped up a batch of homemade deo from coconut oil, baking soda, lavender oil, peppermint oil, and tea tree oil, and it worked beautifully, but it was a pain to keep on making it. Until I get up the energy to do that again, I'll stick with natural deodorants in stick form that rely on baking soda to keep the stinkies at bay. I bought this at Target for $4.39 a month ago, and I'm impressed. It works—for me, anyway. (Your hormones may vary.) It doesn't stop sweating, and I don't think it's supposed to. I don't care about sweating; antiperspirants never stopped me from sweating, anyway. But this quells the smell. And for $4.39, I'd say it's a great deal.

on 6/28/2017 11:26:00 AM

After having breast cancer and all that goes with it my team of doctors suggested a more natural form of deodorant. So off I went on a quest. I'm pretty sure I tried them all. Nothing worked, until this one was recommended to me. I'm not a "sweater" but I am a "smeller". This stuff is amazing. Got it in a regular deodorant packaging (not the jar or compact). There is a learning curve on how to apply (you have to hold it on your underarm to warm it up before applying) At 14.99 a pop it is expensive, but it works. Love the scent too.

on 4/28/2017 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

So I'll start off with a bit of TMI and say that for the past few months, my underarms have been a little......stank. I suspect it's a hormonal shift, or it could be due to the changes my body is going through due to a new high-stress position at work, and my recent decision to start hitting the gym every day (though I shower after of course). Either way, my old standby, Herban Cowboy, wasn't cutting the mustard anymore, and my backup tube of Tom's couldn't do the trick either.
When I discovered this stuff, and saw that it acted as a natural antiperspirant (without the aluminum) and I was intrigued, so I picked it up. It's about the same price as Tom's, and cheaper than Herban Cowboy, so I figured there wasn't much to lose.
So far, I love it! It's kept the shtink at bay, kept my underarms mostly dry, and the smell is wonderful! I smell like tea!
The texture is a little funny, but if you use it as directed and hold it against your skin to soften it a bit before wiping it on, it'll perform just fine. It does have a slight white residue (though not as bad as, say, Teen Spirit or something equally outdated), so take heed when wearing dark-colored clothing that it doesn't transfer. If it does, a clean sock or a dryer sheet will help to get it out.
Seeing as I was starting to imagine myself having to keep a baggie full of apple cider vinegar soaked cloths in my purse to combat the new brand of perfume that my sweat glands were trying to develop, I'm considering this deodorant a bit of a godsend. It doesn't block sweat to the point that it becomes dangerous, so there's a little moisture, but it's certainly great at blocking the funk.

on 12/17/2016 9:45:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is the only brand of natural deodorant I will use now. It's amazing and it's natural. I'll never go back to the mainstream brands. This stuff works, I never ever have a problem with any odor when I have this on. I have both the stick and the jar. I mainly buy this at my local health food store but you can find it at Marshals! The bergamot lime has the best scent out of all of them. Like a margarita! One small con, when I shave and put this on my armpits can get a bit irritated but it goes away by the end of the day

on 12/13/2016 6:41:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i sweat a LOT...but only on my armpits. i have struggled with wetness and odor since puberty. i have tried SO MANY deodorants and anti-perspirants, including prescription versions. nothing helps completely, and any resulting wetness produces a smell as the day wears on. it's gross, and it ruins my clothing.

this is literally the ONLY deodorant or antiperspirant i have tried that's worked (let alone a natural product). yes, there is still a bit of wetness, but not nearly as much, and it can be touched up. however, no more smell. i can go all day without starting to smell BO/musty smell.

i have both the stick and the jar--i prefer the stick as it's a bit easier to melt/spread, but the jar's fine too. it contains shea butter/coconut oil, but no issues with residue on clothing. it can make me a bit rashy after shaving, hence 4 stars.

scent is a nice slightly fruity citrus. i love bergamot, so this is my favorite version.

I recently made the switch to cruelty-free beauty beauty and hygiene products. Some things were easy to replace, deodorant was not. I tried about ten different cruelty-free deodorants and found them all severely lacking. Deodorant is the one thing you really, really need to work. I tried Schmidt's as a last resort after reading some positive reviews. This is by far the best cruelty-free deodorant I've found, and it's actually better than most deodorants that use animal testing. I love the smell, it keeps me dry, and I still smell great at the end of the day, even after working up a sweat. It also doesn't transfer onto dark shirts when I put them on which is a huge bonus. The downside is the packaging and application. It comes in a tub that looks quite elegant on the shelf but is not convenient. You have to scoop the deodorant out with a little spatula it comes with and rub it in. You get deodorant on your fingers and have to wash them, and it's not nearly as simple as just swiping it on like a normal deodorant. And it's more expensive than most deodorants. Overall however, the pros outweigh the cons for me and I will continue to repurchase unless I find something better.