3.2

package quality

price range

Reviews

a year ago

I wanted to love this deodorant because most anti-antiperspirants on the market causes my armpits to develop cysts and it is very uncomfortable for me. Initially this deodorant worked wonderful for me. I still sweat but the odor wasn't noticeable. Then I would say like after a month or so, I guess my body chemistry rebelled something awful because whenever I wear this, I smelled like dank seawater, as best as I can describe it. The same deal with the lavender scented deodorant from this brand, except my body chemistry just revolted after a month. I am slowly running out of options and I nervous.

About reviewer (434 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Dark, Cool

HairBlack, Kinky, Fine

a year ago

Do not use this product. I wish I would have read the reviews and taken precautions. I have normal skin. I can use a number of different products without worry. When I began using this, I originally continued because I liked the smell but I noticed it wasn't keeping the wetness at bay. But I continued on, thinking that I would give it more time. One day I noticed an itching and took my shirt off and was in shock at the appearance of my underarm. It is bumpy and black. I had normal looking skin under my arms and now am suffering from irritated and blackened skin. I am so upset. Now I have to look into ways to heal the skin and get it back to normal. I am normally too busy to leave feedback. It's not my thing. But when I saw what had happened, I had to warn others. Stay AWAY!!!!!

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Medium Brown

HairBlack

2 years ago

Smells nice however leave marks on your clothes under the armpit section, luckily they come out in the wash. Would only buy this again as i've found this the most effecitve at neutrlalising odour but not happy with marks it leaves

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinDry, Medium

HairBrunette

2 years ago

I bought this in TJ Maxx when I was in America as I had heard everyone rave about it and as a vegan who wants a good non aluminium deodorant I HAD to buy this! This is hands down one of my favourite deodorants! It is one of the few where I can apply a small amount of it at the beginning of the day and I will still smell great at the end of the evening whilst also getting a waft of the lovely fragrance. I don't tend to have an issue with being overly sweating or smelling but there's not many that I have used that has the lasting power as this. My one complaint is the packaging, which although is to be expected, when you rub this on to your pits the contents goes all around the rim of the container and ends up being a slimey sludgy mess so I have to wipe it off and I just wipe it under my arms. It is a bit of a pain but not a huge issue. I noticed others have reviewed this saying it has given them painful spots etc, and I have noticed that my under arms can be a little itchy but no spots or anything awful. Just a shame that I can't find this available in the UK to buy!

About reviewer (45 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinOily, Fair

EyesGreen

2 years ago

I guess my hormones changed around 40 because regular deo no longer works. I was stinking and it was horrible! So i started making my own baking soda, witch hazel deo that works great but i dont always want to make it. So, i tried this natural deo and it worked AWESOME for 2 days. Today, my pits are raw, red and sooo tender, i am in agony. I dont know why a natural deo would do this to me but it has. I wonder if the charcoal wouldve been better than the lime? Anyway, Im sure it all depends on body chemistry and i really wanted this to work for its convenience and natural ingredients.

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

2 years ago

I bought the lime fragrance at Costo a few weeks ago. After about 2 weeks of use I developed small cysts in my armpits. I read some of your reviews and found out others had the same problem. I will be taking this product back to Costo for a refund.

Age56 & Over

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

EyesBlue

from

2 years ago

This was the first “scent” of Schmidt’s I used. I really liked it but it did irritate my underarms slightly after shaving, but nothing too crazy. Then they came out with the Rose/vanilla, which I later found at Costco. I had no issues with the first one I bought from Target, but for some reason once I got into the 3-pack from Costco, I started getting horrible painful zits in my armpits!! Some would be small like whiteheads, but then I started getting huge cysts that were really painful! I’m really bummed because I loved the smell of the rose/vanilla and it worked fairly well (you’ll still sweat, but it won’t smell) I think it may be the baking soda as I’ve seen other reviewers that had the same issue. :/ Unfortunately I’ve switched back to Secret, but thankfully no more breakouts!! I may end up trying the sensitive skin formula to see if that makes a difference, but for now it’s back to regular antiperspirant :(

About reviewer (28 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

EyesGreen

2 years ago

Pretty on the fence with this product and I've been using it for about 8 months now. First off, the smell is lovely, like a sweet and aromatic lime, refreshing citrus that isn't sharp or tangy and does not smell like cleaning products or dessert. Feels like quite a luxurious smell actually. I love it, and I occasionally catch a whiff of it during the day which makes me happy. Second, it works. It's a good deodorant that keeps the stink away for the whole day, and you also don't need much! Please don't expect it to stop the sweat, that is NOT what this product is for. Now for the bad stuff. I hate the texture. Hate it so much. You have to warm it up on your skin to get it to be soft and smooth enough to apply, and frankly I'm really impatient because I feel like it can take a while sometimes. Also, it applies rather invisible in the beginning, but over time it starts to collect it the 'wrinkles' or folds in your underarm, which means you can't wear sleeveless tops with this. You'd get very visible off white lines on your underarm. It doesn't show up if you use less, but using less also means that the product is less effective. The texture bothers me enough that I will not repurchase. Such a shame, because the price, fragrance and effectiveness are unbeatable.

About reviewer (121 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

EyesBlack

2 years ago

I loved it at first because it was really controlling perspiration and I never smelled bad. Whereas with traditional deodorants I would still sweat (but not smell), I felt like this one did a better job. You have to warm it up a bit by pressing it against your armpits for a few seconds because it drags a lot and feels rough otherwise. However, I started getting horrible, painful bumps under my armpits. AT first they were just several red bumps, then bigger "cysts", so I switched by to my old deodorant. When I gave this another try, I had such a painful, huge blister under my left armpit that it would hurt every time I was moving my arm around. It took one entire week to disappear after I stopped using the product. At this point, I couldn't have even used it because of the pain. I don't have sensitive skin, but I think baking soda can be extremely irritating with daily use. I'll give the sensitive formulation a shot.

About reviewer (94 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesHazel

2 years ago

I bought this product because I liked the smell, it doesn't contain aluminum and it's natural. I've been using it for about 6 weeks and now I have dark underarm skin. I'm really upset about this because it was really taking care of my excessive odor. I don't know if I should switch to another scent or maybe the one for sensative skin. Major Bummer!!!

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium