TheBalm How 'Bout Them Apples? Cheek & Lip Cream Palette

TheBalm How 'Bout Them Apples? Cheek & Lip Cream Palette
TheBalm How Bout Them Apples palette

on 7/3/2015 1:27:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Can't say enough about this palette. This gives me all the colors I need, and blends very well on my skin. It's not at all sticky. I actually put some on my finger and was surprised how slick it was. Dries fast, but doesn't turn chalky or powdery, you just don't feel oily. I would be really p****d off if I couldn't buy this anymore. I use every color in the palette. One of them (I think it's Pie or Cobbler) has some shimmer, but not to much. Enough to give a certain sheen effect.

on 9/22/2014 5:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I rarely repurchase makeup color palettes (so many palettes so little time) but I am buying at least one more of How Bout Them Apples. I absolutely love every color in this palette for both my lips and my cheeks. The colors are all on the neutral end of the spectrum, but they work beautifully with my "warm" tones. The colors are Cider (sheer light coral-nude), Cobbler (bright sheer ruby red), Pie (bright matte coral pink), Crisp (shimmery apricot), Candy (matte salmon), and Caramel (sheer matte red-bronze). None of the colors have that blue undertone that makes my skin look gray. They all add flattering color, and they are much more vivid on skin than in the pans. Each color has a sheer, smooth formula that keeps lips hydrated but is not too greasy for cheeks.

The packaging is definitely cute. Every time I see the shirtless cowboys next to the color pans, I giggle. There's nothing like makeup with a sense of humor for a quick pick-me-up, if you ask me. (I have a crush on "Pie"). Even without the hunks of burnin love, the amount of product in the palette is impressive, and a little goes a long way. I'll be enjoying this palette for as long as it's available!