TheBalm How 'Bout Them Apples? Cheek & Lip Cream Palette

4.7

on 1/19/2016 8:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I've been eyeing this for a while, and my mother decided to buy me it for Christmas. Huzzah!

I'm a huge fan of cream blushes, and these are definitely nice ones. All the colors are pigmented but very blendable, so you only need a touch on both cheeks for the full color payoff. If it's too pigmented, I usually powder on top to cover it a bit. My favorite shade is Cider, as it suits my complexion beautifully, though Crisp is pretty, too. It adds a very subtle shimmer to my cheeks.

Personally, I use these more as lip colors. This is where they fall a little short; they are VERY DRYING on the lips. That is easily solved with a lip primer, though, so it isn't terrible. Because they're also blendable, you can easily stick to a very sheer lip look, or build it up for a bold look. Caramel is my favorite for an every day lipstick, it's very subtle.

Will definitely repurchase again, though there's so much product that I won't run out for a while.

on 2/8/2015 7:30:00 PM

Love this palette for my cheeks and use it daily! Even if paying the full price ($32 at Kohl's, I got it for $22 using $10 Kohl's cash toward it), I feel it is still worth it because of the amount and variety of product you get, not to mention the quality.

I am able to wear all but two of the shades (cider-too pale for my skin color, and crisp-too much sparkle for my mature skin). They are very pigmented and find that I have to use a light hand when applying ---I lightly dab my elf small-stipple brush into product and gently stipple the color on cheek where I want it placed then blend using light circular motions. The color applies evenly and looks very natural on my cheeks. They also have good wear time---much longer than any of my powder blushes.

I love the packaging--very hard cardboard with magnetic closure and super-fun illustrations that put a smile on my face every morning when using it. Inside the top cover is an extra large mirror.

I have not even tried this palette on my lips so have absolutely no comments about this product in that regard, but as cream blushes....two huge thumbs up!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I am so obsessed with this blush palette! The consistency of all the blushes is easy and smooth to apply. As a cheek product, and the staying power is great for me (I have oily skin). As a lip product, I would say that the staying power is comparable to any non-long wearing, regular lipstick. I didn't find the product overly drying on my lips, but not super hydrating either. Overall, I think this palette is great, and gives you diverse blush options. The pigmentation is wonderful as well - not much product is needed to achieve colour.