TheBalm How 'Bout Them Apples? Cheek & Lip Cream Palette

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
TheBalm How 'Bout Them Apples? Cheek & Lip Cream Palette
TheBalm How Bout Them Apples palette

4.5

Now, let me start by saying that I LOVE theBalm. Hot Mama is my HG blush. In fact, all of their powder blushes are amazing. This lip and cheek palette, however, is absolutely terrible. First off, I would not recommend this for your lips at all. It feels a bit gross on your lips, clings to dry spots and makes everything look patchy, and it's a miracle if it lasts on your lips for 30 minutes. In terms of a cream cheek product, I'm also not impressed. It practically blends away when you put it on your cheeks, and like on the lips, the lasting power is terrible. Do not get sucked in by the cute packaging, this palette is terrible.

on 3/23/2017 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I adore this palette. It's super cute, the lip/cheek creams are super pigmented and long lasting. The ingredients are noncomedogenic (as far as I know). The packaging is light. I prefer to use it on my cheeks, as I don't like this kind of creamy texture in my lipsticks. The shades are also absolutely lovely. One thing that you should keep in mind before buying this, is that you probably won't use all the shades. They just don't all go with every skin tone.. I use Crisp and Cider mostly. My sister who's a little tanner uses Caramel. So it kinda depends on your skin tone. If you feel like you can pull them all off, go ahead! I find I can apply them best using my fingers.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

What a cute palette! You get a lot of bang for your buck too, especially if you buy during one of theBalm's 50% off sales: 6 cream blushes for ~$24 including shipping.

I don't have much experience with cream blushes but these seem to fare well enough. I really dig how fresh and bright these look on the cheeks. The color selection is appealing and varied too, even in terms of texture, which is nice. As for using these on the lips - they are functional, but I doubt anyone's going to be replacing their lip products any time soon. You could do a cute matching cheek/lip combo with these, though.

With that said, I probably won't repurchase, but that's just because this palette has been lasting me forever to use up and I want to move on to different products!

on 5/6/2016 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Good product !
Very pigmented and pretty colours !
I hate the packaging inside tho....I usually love theBalm packagings but this one....Urgh
The only thing I dislike about the product itself is how easily dust sticks to it...I know this goes for all cream products of the sort but it's just so annoying...
Despite that I love it, stays on very well.

on 2/20/2016 4:59:00 PM

For me, this has been a wonderful palette....love it for days when I want to slap on a BB cream, add some blush, and quick lip....just so I look somewhat put together. I have used almost every shade, and absolutely how easy it is to blend on cheeks.

For a fan of cream blushes like me this palette is love at first sight! The price is pretty high but I don't regret this expense at all, the palette is so much fun to use with the cute design, the blushes are very easy to apply and the colours are very fresh and pretty, they make me look young and radiant. I think I will use at least five of the six shades, the brighter coral-pink shades as blushes and the darker reds on the lips...so this is worth the money.

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I really like these cream blushes, but to be honest I only use about two or three of them, and I haven't even used those in a long time. Caramel is to die for though, and so is Cider and Candy. The rest aren't used, but I would recommend this if you adore cream blush. It is worth the money even though I wouldn't rebuy it.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've tried this on both my very oily skin and after adding Epiduo to my skincare routine my very dry skin as blush and the colors never showed up or lasted. As a lip product though they are absolutely gorgeous. They are not the best when applied to straight lips but I love to use Crisp (a medium warm toned pink with fine gold shimmer) over a Rimmel Lip Liner and the color is just fabulous and I assume the other colors will look perfect once I have the correct lip liner to pair it with. This is expensive but is compact enough to travel with & with 6 different colors this is a cute, variety addition to add to my collection.

on 8/18/2014 10:50:00 AM

Cider - light pinkish peach

Cobbler - candy apple red

Pie - muted pinkish red

Crisp - warm coral with golden frost

Candy - bubblegum pink

Caramel - muted orange-brown

Product - Smooth, moist, creamy, soft texture. I use fingers to apply to my cheeks, and a lip brush for lips. As cheek color, they are very easy to work with and blend and the pigmentation is good. It's not a creme-to-powder formula; this definitely stays more dewy on the skin. As lipcolor, the pigmentation is sheer to moderate like a creamy lip stain, and they feel buttery and dry down to a matte finish without feeling drying on my lips. I wasn't expecting these to stain my lips but they do, and surprisingly evenly. Most of the shades are too light for my preference for use as lipcolor so I typically top it with a darker lipcolor. Be sure not to leave this in a hot car! I mail-ordered this during July and the cremes were starting to slump to one side :)

Comparisons - The texture of these lip/cheek cremes is slightly softer, more buttery than Becca's and Stila's.

Packaging - Cardboard paper palette (like Stila is fond of) with a very generously sized mirror in the lid plus campy artwork on the cover and interior. I'm not sure I understand what the eye-candy men besides each pan of color have to do with the apples theme - but I'm not objecting, mind you. Stays shut with hidden magnets, so you can toss the very-snug matching sleeve it comes in. The overall size of the palette is pretty large. I bought this for travel purposes so it's a bit larger than I would have liked. Pans are 36mm, for those interested in depotting.

Overall - I really like this color assortment, as they're all very useful shades for me (AAB/NC25). continued >>

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I absolutely love this lip and cheek palette! You get 6 great colors ranging from a pale neutral pink to a vampy red. They blend really well, and are great for layering. It lasts much longer as a blush, all day if you use primer, but as a lip color it doesn't have quite as much staying power. I also noticed that it can feel a bit dry on the lips, much more like a stain than a balm. However, you can get that great 'I just ate a popsicle' effect with this, which I love for summer! It is a little expensive, but you get a lot of product with great color options. If you like a cream blush I would definitely pick this up!