TheBalm How 'Bout Them Apples? Cheek & Lip Cream Palette

TheBalm How 'Bout Them Apples? Cheek & Lip Cream Palette
TheBalm How Bout Them Apples palette

4.6

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I got this on a sale, and wouldn't have paid full price, but.... A couple of the shades don't work for me (with my pale aging skin I've moved to softer colors) but on the whole I use this a couple of times a week. Echoing other reviewers, cider is the shade I reach for most-caramel too. While other palettes sit unused, this one is a keeper. I've found Balm blushes to last really well. Hey Balm, if you make cider available as a stand-alone, I'm so there!

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This palette has the cutest packaging -- the photo above doesn't do it justice. There are a variety of colors, both warm and cool shades in varying intensities and depths, so there is something in there for everyone. That is usually the strength and the weakness of palettes: you're sure to find at least one shade that works, but then you're left with others you can't use, and this palette is no exception.

Sadly only one of these works easily on my fair skin (Cider), but it works like a dream. I LOVE it. Application is smooth, and these blend easily and last well on me. I can get limited use out of a couple more of the colors if I use them as lip colors. Though this blends well on skin, if applying to lips you will need to moisturize your lips well before application because it's not as blendable on lips.

I gave it four stars only because it has so many shades I can't use. For example just as Cobbler and others are completely unwearable for me, I'm sure a girl with lovely dark skin would find Cider and some of the other shades to be useless to her. The person who would probably be able to get the most use out of the greatest number of these colors would have a medium skin tone.

I bought this palette used on Facebook with two of the colors barely swatched for $15 shipped. Now that I know there is only one color I can wear, I would not pay $32 for this palette -- and I am almost out of my color, sadly. However I said I would buy it again because I would, IF TheBalm would sell the colors separately. If I could get a full generous size of Cider I'd easily pay $25-$30 for it. They really need to offer these separately because excellent creme blushes aren't easy to find.

Overall this is a fun palette with some of the cutest packaging I've ever seen.

on 4/7/2016 6:32:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This palette is amazing! It sounds a bit dramatic to say that it made me start wearing blush regularly, but it's also true. All the colors are very pigmented and creamy and blend out beautifully. They also build up well. This palette has almost every blush color I would want--nude-peach, pink, coral, shimmery coral-red, balanced red, and tan--although it does run warm. As someone who loves wearing warm colors, this is one of my most versatile makeup purchases.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

RAD. This palette is so great. I am kind of jumping the gun as I've only used three of the colors so far, but I just wanted to report that the colors work wonderfully as cream blushes...super blendable and pigmented (for me, anyway--NC10ish here). I have a feeling this might become my default/HG blush option, as I use a heavy coverage cream foundation (WnW Coverall) that likes to grip onto powder blush and not blend (even with some loose powder applied on top of the foundation). I haven't used it on my lips and probably won't because I'm an l/s hoarder already :) I got this from Hautelook, and even though they took 6 weeks (!) to ship, it was well worth the wait!

on 1/2/2016 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Cute as can be packaging! I love the name, the packaging, the colors, and the product. I follow a lot of beauty blogs and The Balm cosmetics usually falls beneath the radar in favor of MAC or Kat Von D and other mid priced brands, and it shouldn't as the products are fantastic! So, I actually saw this used on You Tuber Amy Lynn Thompson's channel when she did a Get Ready With Me look one day. She is fair skinned like me so I took note when she used this beautiful cheek/lip palette. It had been on my wish list for a long time, so for Christmas this year, I finally fulfilled this wish and picked this up from The Balm cosmetics website. This retails for $32 and it comes with 6 cream cheek/lip colors. They actually work well as lip colors too! I was really expecting powder shades and was not sure what to think when I got this and it was cremes. I rarely use creams and so I am just not as experienced with them. The amount of product you get is decent and I wasn't disappointed with this at all. The pans are adorable apple shapes and there are 6 lovely shades in here and then the shirtless cowboys inside are droolworthy too. Look at those abs! No, I mean look at how pretty those cheek colors are... yeah, that is what I meant. The shades are great for my lighter skin, but there are some vibrant darker colors in there too like Cobbler. I used that as a lip color and it's very pretty and well pigmented. The colors apply easily and go on smoothly and don't streak or leave a sticky residue. I've just been using my fingers and the warmth of my hands to pat this into my skin. I don't know how well they would work with a sponge applicator or brush. With fingertips, they blend well and feel silky and creamy and once you get them on they dry and feel like regular blush. You can't tell they are creams once they are applied. I wasn't sure I was going to like this since it isn't powders, but now that I have been using it everyday for almost 2 weeks, I am really happy with this purchase and really enjoy this palette. I love that it does double duty with the lips and cheeks. It works well for the lips too. I've applied it with my fingers and a lip brush, either way it works great. I love pulling out this fun packaging and I enjoy using the product and most of all, it looks great on me and enhances my beauty so it's a win!

on 4/25/2015 4:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this because the color lasts and all of the colors look good on.I like having a variety of blush colors. As long as they look good on I like to pair my lipstick and my blush- not super matchy matchy but complimentary. As a result I have a lot of blushes. These work as well for me a Bobbie Brown cream blushes and I have a wide assortment of good colors for not a lot of money.

on 8/5/2014 4:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have a sample of this in the color Pie and I really liked it. It is a bright coral pink and very flattering. I used the Elf small stipple brush and dipped it in the pan and applied to the apples of my cheeks and blended out. The color is natural and the pigment stayed. I think I would buy these blushes if I didn't have any other cream-type blushes to choose from. However, when compared to some of my others that I love -- it really is a drier texture vs. creamy -- and so I probably won't purchase these.